Custom/Hybrid Ideas on sweet turf jobs

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
I think I am going to have to buy another sheet of Hydro-Turf to cover both of my skis.... I was thinking of buying white and go two tone (black and white)

Can anyone provide pictures of what they have done? I have seen where people put different colors in the foothold area, what other cool ideas do you have? :thinking:

Thanks in advance!

Waternut

Customizing addict
I've seen ski's that have stars or various shapes cut into the turf on the tray. Like black turf with a white star in the middle. Looks really cool but you need to be very careful not to have drastic seams when the turf shrinks slightly in the sun.

I experimented with current airforce logo in my dash this way. I ended up just cutting the turf at a 45 degree so that the turf wedged in so it would be seamless. It was a lot easier then I thought it would be. Next time I am going to do something big in the tray. I think using cut groove is bit easier for this too since you can line up the grooves to make it look like it is all on piece.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Couple little diddy's I did.

If you look at the rail on the SJ, the turf color matches the stripes. Mark Gomez recently did a ski with the same style rails and it looks good.

Attachments

• 100_7648.jpg
    100_7648.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 479
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 470
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 542
  • 100_5527.jpg
    100_5527.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 460
  • Copy of 100_5525.jpg
    Copy of 100_5525.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 453
  • Skull.jpg
    Skull.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Cutting on the back side of the turf helps. You can also use a metal cookie cutter to make stars and things like that. The black and white ski looks nice. Just take your time and you can come up with something.

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Wow, these look amazing! Keep em coming!

How hard is it to match up the old turf? I imagine it takes patients, a steady hand, and lots of DAP.... I got bit of each... minus the experience.

Top Bottom