Freestyle ijsba live

Kahuna..how would you place them?

what I dont understand is that both Lucas and DK did the same trick with diff variations. How boring. Alex did diff tricks. He did a superflip in a competition. man. I think alex got robbed.

SuziQ

Banned
Off the sitdowns and back to stand-up action!!! If they are doing the pro/am, I guess we have missed the adorable junior class though, and I really wished to see that.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Kahuna..how would you place them?

what I dont understand is that both Lucas and DK did the same trick with diff variations. How boring. Alex did diff tricks. He did a superflip in a competition. man. I think alex got robbed.

I saw Alex and DK's runs. Did not see Lucas's. Missed part of Alex's. Alex did some bigger tricks but some were not as clean. DK's run did not have as many big tricks but he executed them a little better and stayed more busy. Judging is subjective at best. You had a former world champion, a current pro freestyler and an veteran pro racer as judges. I think they called it like they saw it. Honestly I wish there was a criteria that you had to go by. You got points for big tricks. Points for number of tricks. And no points or less for repetitive. When I have judged I counted each trick and tried to rate them based on how well they pulled off each trick and bonus for combo's. I have competed with judges that had no clue. Sometimes this helps and sometimes it hurts.

Bottom line. Show, difficulty vs execution and flow are the three things. I liked that kid on the sxr from Texas. He looked like he was having a blast. Pulled some clean tricks.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
I was sittin next to Mama Stoyer the whole time and I told her at the end that it looks like Lil'D had it wrapped up and she agreed too. DK used the waves that were available to his advantage and didnt F around. He went right to it hitting that wave and doing that awesome 360 helicopter. Then right off to a text book back flip and barrel roll. He did do quite a few variations of flat spin helicopters(no hands, etc), but oh well, he did a lot more tricks than everyone else with a nice variety. Too many others were trying set up wakes only to have them washed away in the "washing machine" and ride around in circles for minutes.

Alex P. looked very good too with his super flip and the other tricks he pulled and yes looked like he got robbed a bit...

GooD job DK, congrats!! :beerchug:

SuziQ

Banned
I missed it all (including that ride on a seadonkey).

LOL, we will just have to go out there next year and pull the stunts as discussed last year! :Banane13:

I should have missed it in order to get things accomplished as you did, but I enjoyed it so much last year, that I decided to be lazy, and it was fun!

Thanks up there 113 for letting me know it was DK I thought was impressive. I really liked his routine, and especially all the helicopters! He seemed really pleased as well!

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Ok, Suzi. I'll compromise. We'll ride a Kawi SC650, and fight over the steering wheel, have drinks with little umbrellas, and ride off into the sunset ( where Mac can't see us ).

SuziQ

Banned
I thought about it. You shall have to win a game of 3-cushion billiards against me first (and that is not going to happen). :wiggle:

Top Bottom