"I'm just a dumb girl" Blaster Build

brandirad

Be Rad, Stay Rad
After getting the waterbox and battery squared away and with the motor already built the rest of the build went pretty quickly. Dropped the motor in, ran fuel and water lines, and just did all the odds and ends.

e5apa9yq.jpg

ese9ydam.jpg

And I was to excited that it started and got it running that I didn't take anymore photos. But it's alive and going on its maiden voyage tomorrow after work. I still have some more cleaning up and "bling" to put on it. But for now it's going on the water and I'll keep adding little things here and there. The to do list is: new chopped seat, cover for old fire extinguisher hole, turf, bow eyes and bilge fittings, install bilge, and buff the ski I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things but you get the idea.

egajegeg.jpg

brandirad

Be Rad, Stay Rad
Test ride was successful yesterday and today. Got the ski all broke in. Tomorrow it's getting tuned. It runs awesome and the ski rips. I'm so stoked to dial it in some more.

brandirad

Be Rad, Stay Rad
Still adding a few small things here and there. Got a hood kit for my birthday and it's awesome! Really gets the hood high and out of the way, also like that it has dual shocks so the hood isn't tweaked when it's up.
ygaru7e2.jpg

Also got the carbon fiber plate cut up to cover the old fire extinguisher outlet. Not bad for some left overs from rdrttoy's build and cheap clear coat.
yraru5am.jpg

Also used the same carbon fiber plate to make a cover for where the old storage bin under the seat was. Haven't mounted that yet. Will do that after the bilge is installed.

Really happy with the how the whole thing is coming out. Oh, and I had a buddy of mine buff my ski so it's super shiny :) he was trying to convince me to paint it. But I'll save that for this winter. This season I'll just have the sleeper ski.

deturaja.jpg

brandirad

Be Rad, Stay Rad
Here's some updates:

Raced at Parker for rounds 1&2 of the west coast series and did pretty bad. I've never raced a thing in my life so it was a whole new experience for me. But I got a lot of the nerves out of the way and at least I finished the race. I don't think I practiced nearly enough and I didn't not like how my ski was tuned, or handled.

Messed with the jetting in the carbs and moved the fuel around so I had more linear power just how I like it.

Played with about 5 different ride plates back to back on the buoy course at body beach in Havasu one day and found one that worked best for me.

Since the Parker race I think we made it to body beach to practice 2-3 times and ran buoys every Wednesday. I'm really trying to make some progress.

Joey taught me how to pass also, which I'm still learning. It's a bit scary for me to come around a buoy the same time as someone else and hope they hold their line haha.

Raced rounds 3&4 in Havasu this past weekend. What a rough race, there were massive rollers coming in off of the boats coming out of the channel. But I feel I made a huge improvement. Had better starts, keeping my ski in the water. I didn't get lapped(except by bonacci, damn that guy is fast). And I was able to ride a lot stronger. I think the tracks that Joey sets up at our ride spot on Wednesday's really helped because he makes them tight and technical usually. Still didn't place well but I know the areas I need to improve on and I have a few new goodies to add to my ski that will help. And it's all practice practice practice until the next race.

I've got some hull extensions I will be putting on my ski in the next week or so. I'm very excited to get these on my ski.

a7ude8er.jpg

Also have suspension steering I may put on tonight if I have time. Hooray for no more sore wrist when the water is rough :)

bubanuda.jpg

Top Bottom