Freestyle I'm scratching my head at this one...........

6708921371b10727b96ee91bdf0936da.jpg

059df4bf19083c079bac9b2bb9c1882b.jpg
I have a loss for words. Last time the DASA saw water it was an animal. Put total loss on it and checked compression to make sure I didn't need race fuel with my timing curve. And I find this. Never even fired it up since last ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm clueless, Motor has maybe 10-15 gallons through it. Lower end looks fine too

As Jetfiend said, I think a crank bearing or bearing cage has failed, something went thru the top end, that piston was hit from the top, matching marks should be on the head also. Is that signs o detonation I pic 2, can't see well o t phone?

Crank is fine, that's what I originally thought too. Crank and everything was brand new 10-15 gallons ago

Rc617

I blow clouds, premix clouds
back when I raced motocross i had a cr125 that did that twice to the oem piston. The shop I went trough said mix 50/50 race and pump gas. I did that and it never happened again.

A detonating animal it seems. Had a motor do that to me as well. New top end, ran most excellent for about 2 hrs then locked up when the piston came apart.

That's the odd part, this one ran excellent for a many tanks of fuel and nothing was changed on it. Other than it hydro locked recently.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
That's the odd part, this one ran excellent for a many tanks of fuel and nothing was changed on it. Other than it hydro locked recently.

I thought you just put total loss on it and then this happened?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I thought you just put total loss on it and then this happened?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I never started it. Did a compression test to see if I needed race fuel so I can go get some. That's when I found this

yea to me it looks like a big dirty ring snag but who knows, hows the cylinder look?
Cylinder isn't as bad as you would expect from the looks of the piston. Going to need a clean up bore and the lower end cleaned out

Looks "Twangled" to me! :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I don't see what your getting at? I get the whole "twangled" thing but what does that have to do with me or the motor?

Top Bottom