Insult x-h2o staff = infraction

DirtyJ

Freedom aint free no more
just think dirt.. with no x you would actually have to work in the day.... oh wait .....what am i sayin[/QUOTE]

I know it scares me too!:27:

The X is like Crown royal I can drink at work!:cheer2:

What I said to you was said with love!:love:

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
as a monetary supporter of the forum i believe i have a right to protest over-bearing mods with subtle references to 20th century communist dictators. but for fear of reprisal, ill stop now.

:arms: Those and not so subtle references about the unusually eensy diameter of the mod/admin's anal cavities will not be tolerated.

Instead of having the ads disappear, for my $10 I'd like to purchase 5 "free" mod insults. Is that possible?

..and I'll use them to pay off hubby's debt. :biggthumpup:

My only issue is the often arbitrary nature of the discretion used by the mods/admins. I'll probably live though.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
:arms: Those and not so subtle references about the unusually eensy diameter of the mod/admin's anal cavities will not be tolerated.

Instead of having the ads disappear, for my $10 I'd like to purchase 5 "free" mod insults. Is that possible?

..and I'll use them to pay off hubby's debt. :biggthumpup:

My only issue is the often arbitrary nature of the discretion used by the mods/admins. I'll probably live though.

If you'd like, we can more consistent and hand out way more infractions. You and I both know that would never work, and you also know very well that Charlie is way different online than in person. He came up to me at the raffle in Daytona and we hung out talking for a good 15 minutes. I really like him in person, and we rode together on Sunday some too, but online he's one of the most abrasive people around. If he'd just chill out and not worry about all the 'wrongs' he sees and just stick to stuff that interests him, then there would be zero issues.

Related to that, I read the stuff that interests me, and drama doesn't. I only find out about it by someone pm'ing me or seeing a reference to something in another thread. That stuff really takes the fun out of this place. I'm 40 years old now, I have way better things to do with my time than dig through threads to see 'who is right'. I also don't need someone coming on my site calling me names---take it elsewhere or just don't worry about whatever.

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
If you'd like, we can more consistent and hand out way more infractions. You and I both know that would never work, and you also know very well that Charlie is way different online than in person. He came up to me at the raffle in Daytona and we hung out talking for a good 15 minutes. I really like him in person, and we rode together on Sunday some too, but online he's one of the most abrasive people around. If he'd just chill out and not worry about all the 'wrongs' he sees and just stick to stuff that interests him, then there would be zero issues.

Related to that, I read the stuff that interests me, and drama doesn't. I only find out about it by someone pm'ing me or seeing a reference to something in another thread. That stuff really takes the fun out of this place. I'm 40 years old now, I have way better things to do with my time than dig through threads to see 'who is right'. I also don't need someone coming on my site calling me names---take it elsewhere or just don't worry about whatever.

Actually, he is much the same in person. I am sure the guys who hang with him on a regular basis would attest to his general :poke:nature.

All the things you listed, though, are just part of running a forum like this one; par for the course. I wouldn't suggest you give out more infractions. I'd suggest you don't ask the users to treat the mods/admins any differently than a regular user if the mods/admins are going to act like regular users. I have respect for you Darin and it's not because you are an admin.

It sounds to me like you'd have more fun here if you just turned your PMs off. :shhh: :biggthumpup:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I'd suggest you don't ask the users to treat the mods/admins any differently than a regular user if the mods/admins are going to act like regular users

Out of curiosity (and playing right into what Harrison said about the mods sometimes having the blinders on), how do the mods/admins NOT act like regular users?

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Out of curiosity (and playing right into what Harrison said about the mods sometimes having the blinders on), how do the mods/admins NOT act like regular users?

by letting people know your mods? you should keep it a secret and talk about the absent owner of the site with reverence. like the wizard of oz or something.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
How do I let people know I am a mod?
My title or profile doesn't say so, and I don't talk about it unless asked.

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz

You guys get into it with other users all the time. NOT getting into bickering matches with people would be good.

Basically, you can't be "one of the guys" and just expect more respect than the rest of the guys.

I am an admin of a forum for work. My admin account is simply that, the account I "admin" from. If I want to participate in discussions, I sign in as a regular user and nobody even knows I'm an admin, or has to treat me as such. I don't log in to my admin account to give lectures, I log in to ban people and remove posts. People can call "Admin" all the names they want... it doesn't hurt my feelings.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
You guys get into it with other users all the time.

Really? :dunno:
All four of us?

It's possible that I am not very aware what I post, but I thought I had stayed out of personal bickering matches. Not because of appearances, but because I feel it's a waste of time.
Last one I am aware of was the big wave cluster thread.

Specifically, do you see mods/admins insulting people?

Last edited:

SuperJETT

I am an admin of a forum for work. My admin account is simply that, the account I "admin" from. If I want to participate in discussions, I sign in as a regular user and nobody even knows I'm an admin, or has to treat me as such. I don't log in to my admin account to give lectures, I log in to ban people and remove posts. People can call "Admin" all the names they want... it doesn't hurt my feelings.

I tried that once, but it's too late for that since we're all evil by now and wear pancakes on our heads to try to be in cognito. (well at least one of us does, when he's not wearing a dress shirt to the bank, which is funny because I own one dress shirt, a plain white one which is only worn when I wear my one suit when required, which is about once/year for a funeral normally, so I must wear that one shirt to the bank a lot)

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
Really? :dunno:
All four of us?

It's possible that I am not very aware what I post, but I thought I had stayed out of personal bickering matches. Not because of appearances, but because I feel it's a waste of time.
Last one I am aware of was the big wave cluster thread.

Specifically, do you see mods/admins insulting people?

Let's not do this semantic thing Matt. In order to avoid naming names, I use the term "mods". It's the more respectful thing to do, isn't it? If you aren't bickering, I am probably not talking about you. I don't intend to go searching through threads but you know certain mods have insulted people on this forum.

Have you never seen a mod insult a user?

SuperJETT

Let's not do this semantic thing Matt. In order to avoid naming names, I use the term "mods". It's the more respectful thing to do, isn't it? If you aren't bickering, I am probably not talking about you. I don't intend to go searching through threads but you know certain mods have insulted people on this forum.

Have you never seen a mod insult a user?

I will say this, I have called out others for what you are speaking of. Maybe we should start giving infractions, though I'm not sure an admin can infract an admin or supermod. I guess I should test.

One thing that would help is if you guys see stuff like that, report it. That way ~15 or so people on the committee see the reported post and we can talk about it, just like any other reported post.

If we're not made aware of it, then the opportunity to do something about while it's relevant disappears.

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
I tried that once, but it's too late for that since we're all evil by now and wear pancakes on our heads to try to be in cognito. (well at least one of us does, when he's not wearing a dress shirt to the bank, which is funny because I own one dress shirt, a plain white one which is only worn when I wear my one suit when required, which is about once/year for a funeral normally, so I must wear that one shirt to the bank a lot)

I agree, it is not possible for you at this point. There's nowhere to hide when you look like this [EVIL]:pancake:[/EVIL]

SuperJETT

btw, regarding sfl and insults: (the results are out of order due to sorting by thread title)

03-19-2009 10:27 AM
Infraction for sflsurfrider: Insulted Other Member(s)

03-18-2009 09:34 AM

05-27-2008 09:59 AM

02-03-2009 07:01 PM

02-03-2009 07:02 PM

05-14-2009 11:50 PM

05-16-2009 05:08 PM

08-29-2009 02:55 PM

01-31-2010 01:12 AM

02-04-2010 09:13 AM

At what point do you say enough is enough?

Top Bottom