intake grate opinions?

fishinrod

guerrilla steezin
So i need your guys opinions, i have a 06 sj with a solas intake grate, really not to familiar with the model but on it says "solos yb-iga" and my question is this when i try to do my setup wake or jump waves if i hit anythin before i lose suction and just cavitate. and im thinking that if i ride in the surf it might be worse. Is there a better intake grate to get, ive heard the worx 201 is the best but really not sure, im also not interested in top speed just trying to get some low end hookup. Any suggestions on which intake grate to go with, really need some help????? thanks

Waternut

Customizing addict
They want a picture of the actual intake grate to get an idea of how good or bad it works. Is it a top loader intake grate? ie does it have a scoop in the middle of it?

A bit more information about your ski would help. All stock? What prop? Is the prop and pump chewed up any?

fishinrod

guerrilla steezin
the motor is all stock for now, i know it has an aftermarket prop and cone on it, not sure exactly what pitch i never asked the kid who i bought it from but everything is clean on it, not chewed up or anything. the intake grate has 3 scoops on it instead of the 1 like the 201. and its level with the bottom of the hull, hopefully that helps alittle my buddy has a camera ill work on gettin a photo of it if the description doesnt help. the kid rode on a lake so im assuming thats what it is set up for right now itstead of open water

I have seen those before, but never tried them.
Just get a worx 201. You will be happy.
I used to have an r&d grate that was pretty close to my 201 for hookup.

Top Bottom