Interesting SBT reading....read it before deleted

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
thats why I would keep getting engines from them until one is actually good.
the fact that they dont think someone is qualified is a paradox.

this is a quote from teh SBT website:

"These installation guides are meant for the do-it-yourselfer in mind. We have made it possible for you with a few basic tools, to do an engine swap in your own garage or driveway in under 1 day."

that why I am guessing, they either are trying to cover a problem, are too arrogant to help this guy out, or too stupid to realize they are hurting themselves by leaving him hanging.

all they would need is 0.0001% of the customer service front end that the mom and pops have, and they would easily have alot more business.

michael950;86649} said:
Point is, per SBT, unless you are a "mechanic" you are not qualified to assemble an engine.

michael950

for me to POOP on!
thats why I would keep getting engines from them until one is actually good.
the fact that they dont think someone is qualified is a paradox.

this is a quote from teh SBT website:

"These installation guides are meant for the do-it-yourselfer in mind. We have made it possible for you with a few basic tools, to do an engine swap in your own garage or driveway in under 1 day."

that why I am guessing, they either are trying to cover a problem, are too arrogant to help this guy out, or too stupid to realize they are hurting themselves by leaving him hanging.

all they would need is 0.0001% of the customer service front end that the mom and pops have, and they would easily have alot more business.

Agreed, they set themselves up for this type of scenario.

Buy an SBT motor and DIY. ... what, something's wrong... consult a mechanic, you are not mechanically competent enough.

Meanwhile, the rebuild quality is not to their own specs/advertising standards.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
85 post in a little under 4 hrs. Thats just ridiculous. Everybody is doining a little :grumble: :censored: :rant: :grumpy: :cussing:. I'd hafta say that topic is :lame:. But i do think SBT's problems do need to be fixed.

I guess the whole point of the matter, and hence why I participated........Javier was looking for some answers on the board, he presented his case maturely and well outlined, unfortunately there were readers of that post that were not actually reading.....and some of the responses lacked tact particularly from a customer service standpoint......and my bottom line on that is just give him a new motor........

michael950

for me to POOP on!
exactly. i mean, seriously, i dont think sbt is that terrible. i mean, for the amount of volume business they do, obviously theyre gonna have some mistakes and some disgruntled customers, but seriously, think about their volume. ...

On the same page, I think it is the volume that kills their quality. I also think QC should catch some of the more obvious problems that get sent to customers. (do not ask for proof of this statement, I do not recall every thread I have read about SBT, but I do recall gripes about stuff that should never have made in on the delivery truck)

That said, if you market a product as "Premium" then I would expect nothing less than such.

kawakid

local kawa master
agreed 100%.. so, lets say hypothetically, the whole company shouldn't get a bad rap 100% of the time for the work of one or two lazy QC employees or assembly people who let things slide every now and then.. maybe had a bad day, disgruntled, about to quit, hungover, ..etc.. sometimes ******** happens.. thats just the way it goes.. customer service is where its at. (for me)

overall i agree with the way their business model is setup. cheap motors with quick turnaround that are warrantied.

would any of us put an sbt motor in one of malone's WF boats? obviously, no, not for us. but for your average rec rider who doesnt believe is spending every nickel and dime they make in their ski, and every waking hour thinkign about it, its a good business. thats my .02.

right one the money thats what I was thinking too, I have had a problem with two motors but they took them back, no questions asked, they also payed for shipping:rolleyes:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
actually, SBT stated up front when they took over that site that they would only allow critism if it was only first hand knowledge......... So far they are keeping their end up............ There are some Libel issues that they have to deal with since they are a business also........... so, they are not going to sit back if someone makes defamitory or Libel statements........ That goes for anything you may say over here as well................... PWCToday tried to be shut down by PPG a year ago for supposedly these same reasons.

Metal4130

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Groove
Yeah I love how I state my opinion and he doesn't like it so he threatens me. And even if i wanted to edit that post I can't because that bastard removed the edit button from it.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Yeah I love how I state my opinion and he doesn't like it so he threatens me. And even if i wanted to edit that post I can't because that bastard removed the edit button from it.

This is why it is a conflict of interest for SBT to own a public forum.........

You have to watch what you say........ they will try to bite........

michael950

for me to POOP on!
IMHO, PWCToday's credibility went down hill after it was sold to SBT.......... But, that is my opinion.........

It went downhill b/c PWCT was a community driven member base. Now it is a business driven customer base.

When they tied business into the community, the core (knowledgeable, experienced, and veteran) members left.

(Wonder where they went?? :sneaky: )

Last edited:

WAB

salty nuts
It's mostly noobs that don't know how to change a sparkplug that are on there now. You can only read the same basic questions over and over so many times. But like BK said, that's what they want, they are their future customers.
My work blocked PWCtoday around the same time as we got the X, so I have not even missed it. F* the drama.

All hail the X!
:bow28:

Top Bottom