Is it poss the FS1 and EME Q8 DQ'ed?

i "personally" think pro-freestyle should be "run what you brung" .... but its NOT, period... and that does suck.

The Jap dudes spent alot of time and money flying in and playing by the rules. you really cant blame them for protesting. you dont think they couldve shown up with some wild and crazy boats/motors? we all know the amount of coin those kids throw down in their boats. they probably couldve had 1300cc carbon fiber cylinders and 15mm crankshafts made of paper machet if they wanted to! they stuck to the rulebook. cant foul them for that.

it probably means alot of $$$ and business for the next year to go back home with the #1 trophy instead of a #4,5, or whatever. think about it from a business perspective, not just with yoru heart.

i dont know, i can just see both sides of it. i agree it SHOULD be run-what-you-brung, but until the ijsba/scott says IT IS, It's just not. someone posted that at least the builders got to show off their new boats/motors and i agree with that actually! any press is good press to an extent. i think anyone who watches the vids or was there knows who the best riders are.

unfortunately, it seems like the typical screw-the-pooching at WF again this year... sigh.

this thread is depressing to read!

if this doesnt prove freeride>freestyle....

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
they probably couldve had 1300cc carbon fiber cylinders and 15mm crankshafts made of paper machet

You mean origami.

2575623177_ff9858cdb5.jpg

Aquaholic

World's Oldest Teenager
Dear Aquaholic
Great to read that I am not the only one left on the planet who can see and enjoy a routine with FLOW.
See all his routines over the last 3 year, he got style and FLOW.
Remember who prepared the WF routine with Roc 2005?
If so, you will know where the flow is coming from.

Bufacci is doing this Helicopter trick in the surf now for several years and it is always beautiful to watch.

Marc

Wassup SharkMeister?

Missed you at Havasu this year.

"Remember who prepared the WF routine with Roc 2005?
If so, you will know where the flow is coming from."

It pretty obvious when you watch Rok ride, that you can see your influence in his routine. The emphasis on not wasting a pass and putting multiple trick combos together, reminds me of watching you ride. And again, in those water conditions it was even more impressive.

Hey speaking of legends, we ran into this old guy at the IJSBA Hall of Fame inductions, saturday night.

Attachments

• Steve_LarryK_Bobby.JPG
    Steve_LarryK_Bobby.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
Is it possible that EME and RRP did not care that they would get DQ'd - that what they really cared about was debuting their new stuff at WF?

that they got DQ'd only draws more attention to their hulls.

brilliant marketing scheme I think.

Is it possible that EME and RRP did not care that they would get DQ'd - that what they really cared about was debuting their new stuff at WF?

that makes sense to an extent. but if you cant even legally compete on these crazy expensive hulls, they are showcasing. then what good is buying one?? if im gonna drop 40 large, on a ski. id wanna know, i can compete, if i want to. 40g is pretty damn pricey, just to goof around at your local lake with.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few

that makes sense to an extent. but if you cant even legally compete on these crazy expensive hulls, they are showcasing. then what good is buying one?? if im gonna drop 40 large, on a ski. id wanna know, i can compete, if i want to. 40g is pretty damn pricey, just to goof around at your local lake with.

I am the 'nobody' of all nobodys, and here is my take.
IF the economy straightens out a little I will do a aftermarket hull deal after Christmas. The FS1 DID look real interesting. I DO compete and dream of making it to PRO someday and to WF someday. It's probaly just a pipe dream, but, why would I spend 10K on a hull that is illegal in comp?
I would NOT even tho I think the hull appears to be great construction, fair price, very innovative!!!

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Tell you what Gil you do all that stuff you just said you are going to do and I am going to compete on my 300SX after all short wide skis are all the rage now right?Maybe I was ahead of the curve instead of behind the times after all.

Last edited:

dbrutherford

Parts Whore

Lots of people have 40k boats they drink and drive around on lakes all over the country.

But I am with you 100%, If I had one, even though I don't compete, I would still want to have the option to compete on my very very expensive ski...

Tell you what Gil you do all that stuff you just said you are going to do and I am going to compete on my 300SX after all short wide skis are all the rage now right?Maybe I was ahead of the curve instead of behind the times after all.

Speedracer I think you were on to something, that new eme looks just like a 300sx.
What kind of pump can you put in that thing?

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Speedracer I think you were on to something, that new eme looks just like a 300sx.
What kind of pump can you put in that thing?

I am thinking an 800 pump is going in mine ,I have to pull a mold out of a 650SX tunnell anyway for the Thunderjet so I will have the pump tunnel mold already,I will have to check on the shaft lengths available but I have some wiggle room there,not sure what motor I want to run yet but I am leaning towards a 787 Rotax with mods of course.I will check the fittment of that when I pull the 550 out.Both the 787 and the 800 Kawi use 140mm jet pumps so that should work out fine.My motto for 2009 is SLONOMO.:wiggle:

Cross

X
I'm sure those skis will be legal next year, all they have to do is ask ahead of time. Eric knows how to follow the proper channels and i'm sure roy does too.

I am sure a check from each of them to the IJSBA would take care of it all for next season. I figure Scott took his time to make the final decision to see if Rick or Eric were going to write him a check to get their skis approved.

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!

Yup... I think the only one from the top three who cared about the title was Ivan.

so when is a price going to be released for the rick roy ski?? he doesnt even have anything on his site about it.

Top Bottom