Surfriding I've been Thrusted !!! :)

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
There is already a really nice 140mm/12 Vane Kawasaki version. Very nice piece, includes the reduction & steering/drop nozzle setup. I sell quite a few of them and have used one with great success in a limited application.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
Not trying to thread jack, but there is a Solas 12-Vane pump for Kawasaki's. Great pump, I've had excellent success with them.

DSCF0474.jpg

Use the one that comes with it. They are different sizes (believe). I have not pulled my pump yet, but from the looks of the cone that came with the solar 12 vein, it's much larger.

yea this is what you need for your setup
140 to small 148 to big
just need to replace the seals and install new ones on this pump and your bearings are more than likely fine press in the new shaft and done reinstall all your impeller housing and pump nozzle .
the spacer ring i already include with this price at $525

Sweet. Do you have these in stock now?

Polished the pump

Wanted to give my pump some luv before I install it, so I polished the sandcasting flaws out of the pump with 180 and then 320 grit tapered porting rolls . if you look at the very first post you can see a ''joining seam'' on one of the veins , there were several of them plus numerous booggers here and there in the pump ... Im not complaining at all its still a super price for a pump just showing what I did to it to help out the flow a little bit now it baby butt smooth and should be ready to rip in tona this year.

Attachments

• mag  pump 002.jpg
    mag pump 002.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 89
  • mag  pump 001.jpg
    mag pump 001.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 90
I wanna hear how hard it is to install these, I have never taken my pump apart before so I don't know how difficult it is to replace the seals and install new ones on this pump and bearings or whats needed to do the job.

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
Me and jkemp installed mine about a week ago....and I got to try it out Christmas eve! I must say I am happy with it :D Definetly noticed more hookup and my flat water jumps were much higher.

The installation was very straight forward, was just like replacing the stocker. Besides the prop being a SOB to remove we had to add some heat to get the bearings out/in. Also with this pump I had to ground out the reduction nozzle a little bit to fit the ring on the pump along with grinding down the nozzle atleast 1mm because it was too big giving a lip to it.

1222111231.jpg
1222111231a.jpg

Attachments

• 1222111231.jpg
    1222111231.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 23
Good News ! I got to ''Tona 2012 '' on wednesday and rode for an hour to get the feel of my ski after being down for 2 months after a knee scope . Then thursday morning I installed the Mag pump and rode again '' WOW '' I was impressed , It feels like I just installed a new motor ''Im serious ''!!! all I can say is this is the best bang for the buck that money can buy ,HUGE difference . I did three things before installing ,#1 I gently sanded the od diameter of the little adapter ring on a disc sander to make a better fit into the nozzle so I did not need to grind out the nozzle relief ,#2 I ported the sand casting interior of the pump to make it smooth without imperfections ''1 hr'' ''' It is a SAND casting so it has a few !! #3 and I matched pump cone to stator hub diameter so it was perfect , I did this just to make the water flow smoothly . I was skeptical before buying this , but now Im sold on a mag pump !!! I have no vested interests in either skat or Thrust so you make the decision....... $1000 Plus ! VS $ 500 , Its a nobrainer to me on which direction I would go again ,Thanks to THRUST for bringing an affordable Mag that many more skiers will be able to afford .

I held Marios in my hand too! Nice piece! On my list! Thanks for the feedback Frank! It was great to see back to back trials and then hear you scream how big a diff it made!

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
Good News ! I got to ''Tona 2012 '' on wednesday and rode for an hour to get the feel of my ski after being down for 2 months after a knee scope . Then thursday morning I installed the Mag pump and rode again '' WOW '' I was impressed , It feels like I just installed a new motor ''Im serious ''!!! all I can say is this is the best bang for the buck that money can buy ,HUGE difference . I did three things before installing ,#1 I gently sanded the od diameter of the little adapter ring on a disc sander to make a better fit into the nozzle so I did not need to grind out the nozzle relief ,#2 I ported the sand casting interior of the pump to make it smooth without imperfections ''1 hr'' ''' It is a SAND casting so it has a few !! #3 and I matched pump cone to stator hub diameter so it was perfect , I did this just to make the water flow smoothly . I was skeptical before buying this , but now Im sold on a mag pump !!! I have no vested interests in either skat or Thrust so you make the decision....... $1000 Plus ! VS $ 500 , Its a nobrainer to me on which direction I would go again ,Thanks to THRUST for bringing an affordable Mag that many more skiers will be able to afford .

My same exact feedback as well :D

I am very interested in your stock reduction nozzle theory about the extra vane removeal. It makes total sense to take these out now after looking at the different mag pumps. I am going to try and find a stocker that I can hack up to try this out

Top Bottom