Jet # - drill size.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Okay, aparantly NOBODY in the area can find me a 150 pilot jet. As a temporary fix, does anybody know what size drill bit I need to match a 150?

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Wow, 150 pilot? Big toilet carbs with no venturi? Must be a seadoo...I can't see that a reed valved engine with a SBN modified carb you ever use anything that big? Is this a freeride/freestyle engine? Maybe Methanol and not gasoline?

I know of several race lamey engines including mine that run 150 pilot and a little bigger in there NOVI carbs. And yes, they hit like hell!

Mike W

Infidel
Wow, 150 pilot? Big toilet carbs with no venturi? Must be a seadoo...I can't see that a reed valved engine with a SBN modified carb you ever use anything that big? Is this a freeride/freestyle engine? Maybe Methanol and not gasoline?

That is what Blowsion and Riva reccomends for the single 48mm Power Bombs as well.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member

Yep, what MikeW said. 86mm 62T, single powerbomb. Jetting straight off of Ross Champions boat with similar setup. Thats my starting point, Ill tune from there.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
I know of several race lamey engines including mine that run 150 pilot and a little bigger in there NOVI carbs. And yes, they hit like hell!
Ok. RACE!!
And yes, Riva powerbombs, most race Novi's are straight venturi carbs...they need huge low speed jets. I was thinking freestyle engine setup, I have used up to 142.5, but never for anything like #150 (dual carbs only)
After seeing some more posts...maybe I can see using one for a straight venturi carb for a single carb application.

I guess this is what the forum is for. Someone askes a straight forward question and someone like me has to throw in the (Oh yea!) statement. Sorry for that. Yes, there are some that use such jetting but we are not talking about their setups.

Top Bottom