Jet ski for my girl

I don't want my girl friend to ever ride a couch! She has tried to use an older js550 but no luck. She won't use the damn throttle (tries to get up at 2mph!) lol. Anyway, I'm trying to get her to learn and then ride something.

I was thinking of a 1990 550sx all stock. Would that be a suitable ski?...

OR...I could be selfish and buy a SN for myself and let her ride my 750sx:lmao:

ger87410

How did I get here?
IMO, you want a stock ride plate.

Other then that, go for a 750sx. :biggthumpup:

Probably any old ski with a stock ride plate will work.

EDIT: I got a good 550 ride plate if you're interested.

What was the problem she was complaining about?

Last edited:
I started out trying to ride my boyfriends 701 superjet with heavy mods and it didnt work out to well for me. So I got a Kawi 650sx and it was a great ski to learn on. I wasn't too big on the whole throttle concept either, and you don't have to get up to too high of a speed on that ski. Its easy to balance on and the turns are very smooth. I would definitely recommend it for a beginner.

let her have the 750 and get something nice for yourself! and yeah any of the girls i let ride the ski are afraid of the throttle, once they figured that out they usually do better then some of my buddies, prolly cuz they're way lighter. also, i kno wen i first learned goin from 550 to 750 was awsome so much easier

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
I agree, let her have the 750...

I started with a 650 and i thought it was a good ski to learn on. Once you learn the throttle control and balance it's the way to go.

She was complaining about how she couldn't get up. But she wasn't going fast enough to even stand up. All I wanted her to do was ride on her knee's for half an hour or so.

This is how she rides...lol.
91Toyotanewtires074.jpg

It was just the area I was in. It was approx. 5-10ft deep. It was very sandy and as soon as you touch the sand/mud it would look like that. The whole lake is actually really clean.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I don't want my girl friend to ever ride a couch! She has tried to use an older js550 but no luck. She won't use the damn throttle (tries to get up at 2mph!) lol. Anyway, I'm trying to get her to learn and then ride something.

I was thinking of a 1990 550sx all stock. Would that be a suitable ski?...

OR...I could be selfish and buy a SN for myself and let her ride my 750sx:lmao:

If the JS550 didn't work, the 550SX won't be any different. The 750 is a lot easier to learn on, and it gives you and excuse to sell the 550 and get a superjet.

Umm, am i the only one who can stand on my 550 and fx1 with out gassing it at all??

Get her a bigger ski if shes serious about it. Im used to my 550 and fx1 so when i got on an SJ i felt like i couldnt fall even if i tried.

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
LOL thats hilarious. Plenty of my guy friends have done the same thing on my ski when i let them try it out. Then they pay the price with their nuts and realize they dont want to be there.

lol, your a dick...I tell all my friends before they get on the ski they want to get there waist up on the back before they start it or they are going to get a good blast to the stomach.

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
It was just the area I was in. It was approx. 5-10ft deep. It was very sandy and as soon as you touch the sand/mud it would look like that. The whole lake is actually really clean.

Have you even had her try a kneeling start. When I fist started learning to ride I would start with one knee in the tray and standing with my other leg. I would start it, hit the gas and go then stand up.

If I feel in the middle of the lake I would drag for a second and then just slide my legs into the tray and neal, then stand.

She really just has to learn that speed is her friend. once she's on plain it's easy to stand up.

The 550 isn't mine anymore. I kinda just gave it to my brother. Then I bought my 750sx. It is WAY easier to ride than the 550. But its also heavier and hauls ass.

I will definitely have to teach her and try some of your guys suggestions.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
lol, your a dick...I tell all my friends before they get on the ski they want to get there waist up on the back before they start it or they are going to get a good blast to the stomach.

hahahaha perhaps.
if they ask i explain everything.
but most are pretty cocky that they're badass, so ya, i let them go and enjoy the show
a dick? perhaps :)

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
Get the SN and give her the 750 and everyone will be happier! :biggthumpup:

Top Bottom