jetski magazine

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
its a magazine not a tv show- wrong medium. j/k maybe if someone is willing to front the money or do the build it could happen. sounds like a christmas edition.

i would not discount the idea so quickly...a build up spread over a few issues over the course of the year would be a sick idea...it provides your magazine with content, and if you carry it over (and its a good build) you are almost assured to get repeat business as people want to see a build through, etc...

figured out how you are going to release yet? quarterly, bi-monthly, monthly?

good luck with it!

tom21

havin fun
chris he was messin with me. I listed a custom buildup as a feature. which I was thinking is gonna be just like on here only it needs to be a start to finish in one issue.

the way it was being explained to me was its gonna be hardest to get started and a 48 page mag with liquid glossy pages just totally covered with art and pics( at least judging by the one he showed me he has done) no white blank page that I could find anywhere in it. provided we can sell it should be released in July. To start out with 4-6 issues a year.

Chris do you have anything you would like to help out with? National mag, ground floor - years from now you can say you remember when...:cool:

(starting to see why I am not handling the sales????)

I know you have taken at least one or two good pictures that came out :poke:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
can we leave the girls out? .

yeah no girls at all.... why would a bunch of males 20-39 years old want to look at any girls. I think you will lose your readership right away. :chairshot:

There goes my idea for having the "Pro Ski" photo shoot with a hot model.
Maybe as a substitute we can get former riders to pose with their old skis... I am thinking for the inaugural issue we can get SW and and some badass day-glow neon 550 (for Spug).
That would be hawt!

tom21

havin fun
whoa- WHOA WHOA!!! who the heck said anything about no girls???? I want guys to actually look at this. they'll be there, just not the drunk chicks squatting next the car peeing on the beach in plain sight that he was teasing me with. its an inside joke. Besides the centerfold will be the chick from the ST Pete Pier shouting to everyone about Stoyer"That's MY man! Whooooo" and then trying to whistle but not being able to cause she is drunk and missing teeth. :lmao:

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
chris he was messin with me. I listed a custom buildup as a feature. which I was thinking is gonna be just like on here only it needs to be a start to finish in one issue.

the way it was being explained to me was its gonna be hardest to get started and a 48 page mag with liquid glossy pages just totally covered with art and pics( at least judging by the one he showed me he has done) no white blank page that I could find anywhere in it. provided we can sell it should be released in July. To start out with 4-6 issues a year.

Chris do you have anything you would like to help out with? National mag, ground floor - years from now you can say you remember when...:cool:

(starting to see why I am not handling the sales????)

I know you have taken at least one or two good pictures that came out :poke:

the white page of death...yeah a blank page is a killer...

I am basically doing the same thing with a sportbike magazine right now...i have an editor (the owner of the mag)...I do all of the layout and design...and we have about 15-20 content providers for a quarterly release...working on issue three right now...

there are tons of things you can do with a mag, just have to get creative...I would love to help you guys out...

as far as pics go, everything we have now is old, setting out this year to gather some new content though so maybe we can support the cause in one of the next issues...

try to balance out your pages with your advertising...48 pages is alot for a new mag... a sidenote to that though, try and get your advertising cost to pay for your per page cost...

if your per page cost is $250.00 and you sell $8,000.00 in advertising for the first issue, you get 32 pages (including front and back cover)...

stuntbikemike

Time to ride
hey tom let me know if you need any help......I can get pics and my GF is a journalist so she might be able to write up some quality stories........And i have not forgot about my stand:bananapowerslide:

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
I'd put together an article or two with pics of some freshwater riding up in Canada. Obviously not tomorrow but over the course of this year if I brought a camera along enough we would get some pretty good coverage.

Hell, covering the freerides only would be a good section for the magazine and you'd get at least 1 in each issue. Thats an easy 3 pages.

Sounds good man. I've participated in magazines before, but never related to powersports.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
whoa- WHOA WHOA!!! who the heck said anything about no girls???? I want guys to actually look at this. they'll be there, just not the drunk chicks squatting next the car peeing on the beach in plain sight that he was teasing me with. its an inside joke. Besides the centerfold will be the chick from the ST Pete Pier shouting to everyone about Stoyer"That's MY man! Whooooo" and then trying to whistle but not being able to cause she is drunk and missing teeth. :lmao:

Whew (big sigh of relief)! That's a load off my mind... gotta have some chicks (nothing over the top)

I was there for that show (drunk lesbian teens peeing on the beach)... I am pretty sure they were trying to decide if they were going to invite deblaster to join them or keep it a standard lesbo encounter. In the end, I think his "manliness" scared them off.

OK, back on topic....

tom21

havin fun
Chris
My partner is working that side- he told me stay under 48 pages because I guess that bumps to a new price level and he wanted 30% for advertising. That is his end - I am doing the actual content side. so for this second I am focusing on that while trying to keep up with all this new stuff he is doing.

I don't have a problem with making it all myself I just worry it will smack of one writer one style. If no one here is able to help it will still happen, just trying to speed it up and offer someone the chance to be i the fray.

golden boy and mike - thats awesome - thanks. I will be in touch soon.

punk :censored:

tom21

havin fun
huh? you have to pay for stories? so you are saying you would not want national exposure to tell about you and your ski and give props to people who support you and you want to support and maybe mention your business or place of employment etc. unless I pay you?:squint:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
here is a good story idea....... do a full write up about Ross C. He has gone for just a guy living in Florida to where he is today..........

honestly, I cannot think of a nicer guy....

wydopen

onthepipe
huh? you have to pay for stories? so you are saying you would not want national exposure to tell about you and your ski and give props to people who support you and you want to support and maybe mention your business or place of employment etc. unless I pay you?:squint:

well unless you plan on shooting all the photos and writing every story yourself then yes you would have to pay them...the rider wouldnt be the one being paid its the photographer that pays out of their own pocket to go along on the trip and shoot the photos and write the story...they dont do it for free!!!

what im saying is the content you could get for free would be pretty limited in location and may get boring after a few issues..

and when mags have international travel stories that they paid for it would be hard to compete against them with local stories/rider coverage

Last edited:

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
I think there is more than enough riders on this site that go to freerides anyways, to bring a camera along, make notes, than summarize it in a well written page article, isn't too much to ask. People already do this online, but to have it published would be sweet.

IMO

wydopen

onthepipe
I think there is more than enough riders on this site that go to freerides anyways, to bring a camera along, make notes, than summarize it in a well written page article, isn't too much to ask. People already do this online, but to have it published would be sweet.

IMO

i agree and thats all fine and dandy but then all the submissions will be by amature photogs/authors/riders and i dont think that would be too exciting...you might as well just look at this website instead..just a suggestion.....

I like the idea of partnering with the owners/admin of this site making it a "by riders, for riders" type magazine and naming it x-h2o magazine. I don't know how feasible that is though.

Top Bottom