JetVan, Surfride support vehicle.

Awesome "build"...cant wait to see this thing progress! I always joke about buying a van and people give me so much shyt for it. However with as much hauling as I do, it would be a great thing to have. Plus they can serve as a camper as well, which saves you a ton of money on jetski trips.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Thanks for all the good feedback! Alot of people gave me :):):):) too for selling my jeep to buy a cargo van. Best thing I have ever done. I haul stuff around all the time and this van was designed for me. Wish I did this years ago.
Ya fords 6.0 diesel is a total gamble, and I always loose at betting...so I went for the safe 5.4 gasser (then debated v10 or not). There was actually a 6.0 quigley van for just about the same price I bought this one for and I ALMOST ended up with it. But glad I didnt.
Highway its surprises me how good mpg it can get. 17.1mpg when its COMPLETELY EMPTY going 65mpg on flat highway. For a 6k+ monster 4x4 van, thats not THAT bad. Loaded with 2 bikes, gear, and 2people I can get 15.9mpg pretty consistant.
Around town/stop and go mileage is a complete joke though..LOL If I ever thought I would tow an enclosed trailer I would definetly have bought the v10.

So stoked that its moving along. Next 10-14days will be BIG steps in the build. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Did you look into doing the 4wd conversion yourself... I wonder how simliar the F series axles are to the vans.

Insane amount of work, way beyond my skillset. I'll snap some front end pics as soon as I get new shocks in. Not saying its impossible, as I have seen other kits out there. But Quigley does ALOT of work on there vans.

ASS, GAS OR GRASS NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE

LOL!!! Thats great!

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
With added inspiration by Special FX and others, here's how I relocated the fuel jugs and beach cart...to the outside of the van. It all fits into the receiver hitch and is 100% stainless steel, NO RUST!!(with exception of the Fly racing can carrier, anodized aluminum). Now there is more room for other junk inside...

ToteCarrier1.jpg

ToteCarrier2.jpg

ToteCarrier3.jpg

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
That is a work of SS art Gordon. Much better then the idea I had for the cart...lol What are you using as a "bumper protector" in that first pic?

Thats even better then the 2k aluminess setup I was eyeing.:
ford-van-bumper-6_lg.jpg

Last edited:

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
That's a "waterproof" blanket made for SUV's. It helps to keep the sand and salt water out of the latch and seams, it folds up into the bed liner tray.

Top Bottom