Custom/Hybrid Jetworks quick disconect vs adjustable?

Thinking about controling the temp on my motor, can't decide between the two inline Jetworks control valves.
quick disconect.pngadjustable.png
Pros , Cons?

It all depends on if you want infinite adjustment, or just a few specific setpoints. The black inline flow controls are nicer but unless you're out riding with an instant read thermometer stuck in the pisser you're not going to take advantage of that infinite adjustability. The other thing with the black inline ones is that there's no reference. If you want a spring and summer setting, you've got to trust the number of turns open, or bench test the flow rate each time to get it perfect. The other style you just pluck out a jet and put in a different one.

Oh, and the left pic: that's just a Colder Products fitting. I think that pic is the APC style. Without a valve (valve seals it when disconnected, not needed for water line), the white / grey button side is only $1.48. You can likely save some coin if you go to www.colder.com and spec it out yourself. You might need to drill the insert side to fit a jet, I'm not sure.

A third, and even cheaper option, is to go to the specialty fastener bins at Home Depot and get some white plastic stand-offs, I think they're 1/2" long or so with a darn near 4mm thru-hole in them. If that diameter works for you, you just cram that in the water line right at the pisser.

Last edited:
I already have the black one, smart design. I'm going to use on my dry pipe to control the temp. Now I would like the control the flow after the head. I live in Reno and we sometimes ride in Norcal, so the temps can verrie between 50-85 degrees in water. Like you said, it might be a bit of a setup with the black one but they are precise. So I was thinking about making marks on the body and wheel of the control valve and then run some hour glass sand through the opening and at same do it on some different size jets, make the markings and wholaaa! The only thing I don't like about the black one, it's bulky and heavy. And thought about the stand-offs, but my pissers are all the way at the nose, looks cool but not practical.
Aramis, thanks for the info. That's exactly what I was looking for.

It all depends on if you want infinite adjustment, or just a few specific setpoints. The black inline flow controls are nicer but unless you're out riding with an instant read thermometer stuck in the pisser you're not going to take advantage of that infinite adjustability. The other thing with the black inline ones is that there's no reference. If you want a spring and summer setting, you've got to trust the number of turns open, or bench test the flow rate each time to get it perfect. The other style you just pluck out a jet and put in a different one.

Oh, and the left pic: that's just a Colder Products fitting. I think that pic is the APC style. Without a valve (valve seals it when disconnected, not needed for water line), the white / grey button side is only $1.48. You can likely save some coin if you go to www.colder.com and spec it out yourself. You might need to drill the insert side to fit a jet, I'm not sure.

A third, and even cheaper option, is to go to the specialty fastener bins at Home Depot and get some white plastic stand-offs, I think they're 1/2" long or so with a darn near 4mm thru-hole in them. If that diameter works for you, you just cram that in the water line right at the pisser.

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I ride in water temps between 35 and 72 degrees. All I use are the QD style Jetworks restrictors. Has been working awesomely for me for the past four or five years.
45 degrees and below: 2mm restrictor
45-55 degrees: 3mm restrictor
55-65 degrees: 4mm restrictor
65 degrees and above: no restrictor

I ride in water temps between 35 and 72 degrees. All I use are the QD style Jetworks restrictors. Has been working awesomely for me for the past four or five years.
45 degrees and below: 2mm restrictor
45-55 degrees: 3mm restrictor
55-65 degrees: 4mm restrictor
65 degrees and above: no restrictor

Thanks for the benchmarks. I'm pretty close to what you use, but I should check the pisser temps again after putting in a more aggressive epic curve.

Also, just to reiterate, the "QD style Jetworks restrictors" are just lab / fluidic fittings from Colder Products. They've been around forever. You can get them with self-sealing valves (when disconnected) on either side of the fitting. I.e, valved for things like fuel lines, or witout valves for water lines, etc.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
I will match that Ebay price if anyone is interested. Just PM or email me.

Support those that support your sport! Off the soapbox.

I like the inline twister adjuster myself.......

Top Bottom