Jeworks compression numbers and changing dome size???

grezzmky

Suckin paint fumes
I took the 35 domes out of my 4mm BB jetworks motor last year and went to 33s. I did not ride much last year and I put TL on at the same time so I cant say what it did... I did a compression check yesterday and only got 151 in each hole. Put a new stronger battery in today and got 180. took the (purchased used) 33s out and put the 35s back in and got 176.
The reason for the compression check in the 10 degree weather is cause I was talking to Art about an impeller yesterday and when we were talking about my setup he kinda freaked and said the 33s would give me over 220 lbs compression. and that they have special 34s cut for upgrading from 35s.

2 questions, What are other peoples compression with Arts motors?
and what should the difference be on 35 to 33 domes on 84mm slugs?

grezzmky

Suckin paint fumes
Im thinking maybe the "new" domes have been cut b4 I bought them. Have not checked squish yet. need to bring home some solider tomorrow. what should the compression increase be from 35 to 33 if they were really 33cc domes? Thanks everyone

I took the 35 domes out of my 4mm BB jetworks motor last year and went to 33s. I did not ride much last year and I put TL on at the same time so I cant say what it did... I did a compression check yesterday and only got 151 in each hole. Put a new stronger battery in today and got 180. took the (purchased used) 33s out and put the 35s back in and got 176.
The reason for the compression check in the 10 degree weather is cause I was talking to Art about an impeller yesterday and when we were talking about my setup he kinda freaked and said the 33s would give me over 220 lbs compression. and that they have special 34s cut for upgrading from 35s.

2 questions, What are other peoples compression with Arts motors?
and what should the difference be on 35 to 33 domes on 84mm slugs?
I wouldnt be able to answer your specific q but can comment that your ring end gap at 10deg F versus operating temp will be pretty drastic. As im sure you know the rings will grow when you put fire on them.

grezzmky

Suckin paint fumes
Art says to start the motor and let it cool for 30+ min b4 doing the check.
I guess since no one else has any idea of the compression on one of Art's motors or what changing domes does ill check the squish and just figure this out on my own. Thanks for the responses I did receive.

grezzmky

Suckin paint fumes
sooo whered you get the domes? seems like they may be cut domes. Who bored the cylinder? was the piston to wall clearance correct?
SLIGHT groves on one small part of one piston so Art and Robert sold me some new slugs and JEtski Lou did a hone and put the new pistons in. he also measured the custom base gasket and called Chuckie (I believe) who sold him a thin spacer and two stock gaskets that added up too the same clearance. Knowing this now I am deff gonna check the squish next. looking for ADA head torque specs now...

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
SLIGHT groves on one small part of one piston so Art and Robert sold me some new slugs and JEtski Lou did a hone and put the new pistons in. he also measured the custom base gasket and called Chuckie (I believe) who sold him a thin spacer and two stock gaskets that added up too the same clearance. Knowing this now I am deff gonna check the squish next. looking for ADA head torque specs now...
so it has the spacer? i didnt think you needed it for a 4mm.

grezzmky

Suckin paint fumes
The spacer is really thin like might as well have just used 3 gaskets.. but that make since cause it only comes up 2 extra mm's right? how many thousands is that? how thick is a gasket?

grezzmky

Suckin paint fumes
Right. Lou said he bought a bunch of gaskets trying to make the same thickness Art originally has with his custom gasket. Id have to say checking the squish has to be the next step right? I have some soider but nothing to measure it with other then maybe comparing it to a feeler gauge.

Top Bottom