Other JSS Ebox rebuild....pics

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
i thought he used oem coils and put better wires on them, i never had any issue with my jss coil that i sold you, is it still working? I would like to see all the skis that had the problems with the coils and look at their own workmanship. i personally ran the jss coil i sold you when i was at daytona and had no problems. sometimes its the part but other times its the installer,
Yes he uses OEM coils unless you send him a aftermarket one and upgrades the wire. If the coils are failing and not the wires, I'm sure there were other issue with the electronics

lots of brand new jss coils at daytona having major problems, the e boxs are nice work but i will stick to oem coils, if it was only one or two i would not even post but it was more the 6 people that i know that there ski ran like crap until the coils werre changed and they were all brand new from jss
Did the wires or the actual coils fail

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
the wires were he makes the connection at night time they were arching near the motor others near the headpipe some were some werent , i like his stuff i have used his services to , and i am not the only guy that knows about this, some coils work fine some dont , in fresh water you will not notice introduce salt water different ball game

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Johns work is beyond Professional. It may be a long turn around at times but it is always done by him so it is QUALITY everytime. I will never complain for what I pay to get his bullet proof technology. Next best thing you can do to protect his awesome stator work is to pick up a Cold Fusion flywheel cover. Best leak prevention out there PERIOD. Its well worth the investment in both your electrical system and its security from water.

Here is my blog about the last system I received from John for my superjet that is still running great today. ---> http://markgomez.net/my-competition-jet-ski-build-progress/my-new-jet-ski-solutions-electrical-system-236

I cant say enough nice things about John at Jet Ski Solutions, I highly recommend his products and services.

Last edited:
the wires were he makes the connection at night time they were arching near the motor others near the headpipe some were some werent , i like his stuff i have used his services to , and i am not the only guy that knows about this, some coils work fine some dont , in fresh water you will not notice introduce salt water different ball game
Interesting, I guess being a freshwater rider I've never seen that issue with his coils. All I can say about his work, is after 2 years of fighting with electrical problems, he made my SN new again!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
lots of brand new jss coils at daytona having major problems, the e boxs are nice work but i will stick to oem coils, if it was only one or two i would not even post but it was more the 6 people that i know that there ski ran like crap until the coils werre changed and they were all brand new from jss

Mario, could you please tell us who? We use JSS coils primarily because of their superior saltwater/surf performance. While no one or product is perfect, JSS coils still have a perfect track record with us after 100++ sold. Occasionally, the coils are blamed for problems that later are discovered to be some other issue. No one asked for a coil exchange at daytona that I know of...

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
hey i dont mean to trash talk i used his services before most of you guys i like his servcies and products maybe the people that had problems will post i had my own experince witha brand new one when i went to fla in 2006, i wouldnt hesistate to buy most things from jss and not all the people that go to daytona and jet ski come on this forum

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is

Mario, could you please tell us who? We use JSS coils primarily because of their superior saltwater/surf performance. While no one or product is perfect, JSS coils still have a perfect track record with us after 100++ sold. Occasionally, the coils are blamed for problems that later are discovered to be some other issue. No one asked for a coil exchange at daytona that I know of...

X2

The JSS wires are completely superior to any OEM coil. John replaces the wires with a thicker gauge wire getting you more juice to the spark plugs. Combine that with the stainless sealed MSD boots and the set up is great. I only had one problem with one of my JSS coils and it was because I did not push the boot all the way down onto the plug and the little spark plug grabber inside the boot arced out and wouldn't make a connection. It was a simple fix with a new MSD boot not the coil itself. If my friends can not afford the JSS complete service I always recommend the Coil service and I will stand by that with Jetmaniac.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Probably half the issues can be traced back to lack of dilectric grease on the plugs, spark energy WILL find its way down the ceramic part of the plug and ground out to the head in salt water if you ignore this step!!!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Probably half the issues can be traced back to lack of dilectric grease on the plugs, spark energy WILL find its way down the ceramic part of the plug and ground out to the head in salt water if you ignore this step!!!

Yup.

Its all about the surf!
I ride 100% salt water and I have run Jet Ski Solutions E boxes in BOTH of my Super Jets for over 5 years now with ZERO problems. I never even knew about the di-electric grease trick either (BTW WHAT IS THAT?) I recommend JSS to EVERYONE. With regards to the guys who where having problems, I'm thinking it was probably something else and they were blaming it on the coils

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I need to get one of his coils from Chris.
I've been running an SXR coil for the past year (I think I got it brand-new last year?) and it's starting to give me trouble.
The insulation on the plug wires is breaking down.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Damn i wish Chucky would respond to this thread. He told me exactly what and why over a long conversation on Eboxes and it comes down to o ringing the bottom of the plug boots in salt water, dielectric grease and something else. Nothing to do with the coil Mario, it has to do with salt water and proper installation of your system. I wish I would write everything down when I learn it.

Love the clean boxes! I was drooling when I stumbled across this on their site a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 1300965584_KAWASAKISXRplatformcustomelectricalignitionsystemfabrication_KawasakiSXR1100adventwit.jpg
    1300965584_KAWASAKISXRplatformcustomelectricalignitionsystemfabrication_KawasakiSXR1100adventwit.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom