Just got me a 09 SJ

BudProductions

BP-h2o.com
This afternoon I had a great idea to go buy the 2009 superjet that was sitting in the show room of my local dealership. I'll be picking this puppy up tomorrow morning, can't wait to go rip it. This will be my first time riding a sj, I hope she puts out!

dave787

Couches are boring
stock 08+ is much better than stock 96-07. You'll love it.

Good point.. stock impeller was pathetic on the 96-07 SJ, and the new one makes all the difference in the world. Unless you have a lot of $ to waste, make that one of your last mods after pipe, heads, msd, etc.

New handpole, steering system, and pre-08 steering cable are a must on a 08+ sj if you want to have a freeride ski. For some reason yamaha thought it would be great to take away all the throw in the steering cable when they re-did it.

BudProductions

BP-h2o.com
WOW! This thing is sick. The superjet murders my sxr hands down, I'm loving this thing so far, totally gnarly ski. I'm thinking my ultra 250 is going to have a for sale sign on it real soon and then taking the funds to trick out the new sj

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
sweet! i wonder how yamaha figures this will hold up. dont the cast cylinders have a tendency to crack on the exhaust port side when the compression is raised without the added support of a girdled head?

I don't think compression has anything to do with that. It's poor exhaust mounting.

tom21

havin fun
wrong side- exhaust side is beefy, intake side is weak. front, rear and intake side is where it will crack. thus the half girdle or full girdle set ups.

Top Bottom