kawasaki jet ski story 1975

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Down in Parker, AZ(40 miles south of Havasu) there is a storage garage that has all the proto types that Clayton Jacobson II made before Kawasaki bought his patent for the standup. Also there are the sit down proto types that he made too that Bombardier bought from him also. Some peeps didnt know that he invented the Seadoo sit downs also..

The first proto type had a fixed pole and the engine had no starter system. You had to take hood of and pull start it.

The first proto-type of the standup with a pivotable handle pole had a spring loaded pull start(like a lawnmower/chainsaw) that went through the hood and connected to the h pole. That is how you started it, by pulling up and down on the handle pole. If you wiped out in the deep water, you had to get to shore to restart! lol
Pretty cool stuff in there... Lots of History of PWC.

I've yet you see this stuff yet, but I know Clayton Jacobson III(son of II), and he is going take me down there sometime and see all of them. He lives in Parker and I go down there and ski on the river every once in awhile and hang out. I cant wait to see!!

Top Bottom