300/440/550 Kawasaki JETMATE .. ??????

hey, those seats look killer! nice job. how much to recover my seats?:cheer2:

seriously though.... PM me if you can..... your wife did those, right?

NOPE wife didnt do these ones .. I heard enough bitchen when she did my X2 seats ,, she did a nice job on them and I stapled them on with SS staples .. but as for these ones I had a guy up near my cottage do them he does the old sleepr seats back to back seats for tewh older stylke boats ,, not much of a selection of vinal either .. cost me $250 canadian ( which is basically on par with US right now) considering the labour of peeling the old stuff and recovering I think it was worth it ,,,

How Many Jetmates Made?

I bought one early last year.

I took it out once, then short time later came down with cancer. I'm recovering now, so hope to use it next year unless I decide to sell her.

well the wires that come out of the two engines are differnt the 650 has 5 wires and the 750 has 7 so i dont know how to connect the 750 to the 650 wireing box i can get it to turn over but i cant get any spark

jetmate wiring

The wiring for the 650 and 750 stators are obviously different. You have a couple of choices. If you have the complete electrical box that is matched to the 750 motor you could just use that box and remove the existing 650 box. If you do not have the 750 box but still have the 650 stator and flywheel that came with the JM I would remove the 750 flywheel and stator and use the 650 stator, flywheel, and electrics in the 750 motor. Keep in mind that this will require removing the 750 engine as the 750 engine cases require minor modifications to install the 650 JM stator which will be almost impossible to do with the engine still installed. I can provide you with a number for a very talented watercraft machinist in Md who could do that modification for you. I had to do this same thing for a couple of skis that I installed 750s into (my JM and an X-2). If you wanted to drag it down here to me when the weather breaks a little I could maybe assist you with the work depending on the timing. Good luck

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
The 650 jetmate had a different flywheel, stator and electrical wiring to accomodate the extra stuff on the boat. If you don't want to swap the stuff over just set the motor up as a stand alone powerplant with the 750 box intact and just use its stop/start wires wired into the jetmate switch. I have the wiring diagram.

Attachments

• scan0029.jpg
    scan0029.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
BIll (?) - I have a complete 750 box I could sell you if you were interested. What year 750 motor do you have or what model 750 did the motor come out of ? I would be willing to take your old Jetmate stator in trade for partial pament of the box. I have another JM all stock and very tired that needs a stator just so I can sell it when weather gets warm. Send me a pm or just call me on my cell if you are interested. 571-212-1789 Glenn

where do you get a sun cover for a jet mate some have said overtons ???

also when i winterized my jet mate i took the 4 bolts from the hull bearing out and moved the bearing plate tward the engine one inch so if the tarp did come off of it the "bath tub" would have a place for water to drain

help in chi

I also live in chicago and also have a place in northern michigan. I know a bit about kawasakis. i also have a few guys here in chicago that have raced X2s and wrenched as well. if you still have the mate and need help let me know

also when i winterized my jet mate i took the 4 bolts from the hull bearing out and moved the bearing plate tward the engine one inch so if the tarp did come off of it the "bath tub" would have a place for water to drain[/QUOTE]

now ya tell me LOL .. look at my past post under frozen jetmate and daym .. i should have done that .. ok did it now too little toolate haha ,,,

as for the 750 electronics yea just use a 750 ebaox and splice in teh start stop swithes .. the tether and other wiring will be bypassed but so what ,,, no need for them ,,

Top Bottom