Kawidoo Freeride???

Hi guys, are there any kawidoo freeriders out there:confused:??? Mines finished in 2 weeks... Freeriding in cape town only July:thinkerg: freshwater till then ;<

Haha ok that explains a lot, anybody out there who freerides with a sxr with a sea-doo motor 951cc??? They run it in gp racing I put one in my sxr to ride in the surf with... wanted to know about the pros and cons...o2.

SXR-FOREVER

Finally Flippin
I haven't heard of anyone doing it besides for racing. I started a thread awhile ago and didn't seem like anyone has. Let us know how it rides! If I do anything to mine it will most likely be a 66e but I have been thinkin a 951 would be sweet too.

Great! thanx for the reply appreciate it! I heard it is a handfull, i raced a sxr superstock and it was fun (bouy 2 bouy power!) always want more hp! Im a bit concerned with the sea-doo saltwater reliability(powervalves!?!) but i will see what happens dont think many have done this yet and its pretty cheap compared to 1000cc packages...

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I am working on putting a 787 in my X2,the 951 is just too much work to make fit plus it weighs a ton,the 787 weighs a lot less,when done I should easily be around 130-140 hp.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I will probably do this in a year or two.... How did you solve the low air intake issue??

That suckers gonna drink water.....

My point exactly my mechanic has to waterproof/bulletproof it then test/brake it and go from there....for the air intake we chopped a bit for more air holes or should I say larger air holes with a homemade "rickterpole" lol the handlepole is the only place we can afford to get more air otherwise it will be a submarine... Hey speed racer youre power to weight ratio will be insane id also go that routeif I were you sounds fun!!!

Waternut

Customizing addict
I personally think it'd be awesome and have done a lot of reading on this but that is the extent of my knowledge on the topic. Right now the price of the engine is just too much for me but I was actually hoping to drop a 951 into a ski next winter. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be good.

Sure it's heavy compared to 701 but a 701 was pretty heavy compared to 300,440,550, etc. If your motor weighs 20-30lbs more and produces 20-30 more hp, I'd say you've made one heck of a trade off.

WFO Speedracer

I don't need really a dyno to firgure this one out,its 110 hp to start with, add a head ,pipe,flame arrestors and total loss and you should be right there,BTW I just happen to have a VE head, R&D pipe,R&D flame arrestor and a MSD total loss for a 787 here.:naughty:

WFO Speedracer

Yes but if you put the same stuff on an engine that starts at 130 instead of 110, you certainly wouldn't be worse off...

You ever hoisted a 951 out of a ski before? That is one heavy SOB,plus the 787 is a tough engine that has much better engine life than the 951.I am trying to reduce weight and increase reliability on my ski not add weight and reduce reliability.:Eyecrazy:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Only the older 951's are unreliable. I think a 787 with a head, pipe, flame arrestors and total loss will be less reliable, compared to a bone stock 951. Plus, you'll never beat on a 951 in a standup like they are beat on in couches.

They aren't gonna run WOT for 1/2 hour straight. Should be VERY reliable. Especially running completely stock.

The issue of the LOWERED intake from the carbs is still the problem. You will need a serious snorkel or it will hydrolock after the first sub.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

Only the older 951's are unreliable. I think a 787 with a head, pipe, flame arrestors and total loss will be less reliable, compared to a bone stock 951. Plus, you'll never beat on a 951 in a standup like they are beat on in couches.

They aren't gonna run WOT for 1/2 hour straight. Should be VERY reliable. Especially running completely stock.

The issue of the LOWERED intake from the carbs is still the problem. You will need a serious snorkel or it will hydrolock after the first sub.

You do realize I work on these every day for a living right?

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Yep, so does my brother.... You think a totally modded out 787 is more reliable than a bone stock later model 951?

The 787 is more reliable, but with all those mods?? I personally would take the stocker. however, I think any couch motor meant to tear at WOT is going to be pretty indestructable in a stand up that rarely goes over 20mph.

SXR-FOREVER

Finally Flippin
I think I'm with DJ on this one.

There are some threads out there that compare the weight of the 800 sxr motor to the weight of the 951, they were pretty close and considering STOCK you have 130hp and stock on the sxr is 80, I think that would easily make up any weight difference.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
the beggest problem with the 951 for freeride is the intake location.

And I agree with DJ, it is a nobrainer. Built motor vs Stock motor. Stock wins every time for longivity.

Top Bottom