Other Kevin Bruins Donation thread

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
Lou,

I am planning on driving up from Cleveland, I will be leaving around 10 or 11 am. Anyone that wants to tag along let me know I can pick people up along the way if need be. Right now I am thinking of throwing my ski in the back of the truck and staying the night. I am hoping to arrange a Remembrance Ride / Riders Memorial Service on Sat morning with the local crew... If you can bring skis and cold weather gear...

Details:
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/102293...nce-Ride-Rider-s-Memorial...-Holland-Michigan

Wish i could make it up. Be careful out there guys.

Running count is cool. But if feel we should not post how much we individually donated. (except for Dan, because that is just truly awesome!) Everybody is in different financial situations and any donation is better than no donation. I have donated what I could for now and I plan to donate more soon.

I made a flyer for donations and put a few up at the local dealerships today. Here is the image, the text doesnt turn out too good so PM with your email address if you would like the Microsoft word or pdf file
View attachment 163178

Hey could you PM me this so I can post it at work? Thanks man!

Money sent. Just a little bit for now but I plan on sending more. I talked to my boss today and told her what is going on and she had no problem having me send out some info and getting donations for his family but we just have to check with the highers. Hopefully she will pull through!

**DJKORN1 put me in for 2 decals please!**

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Nice Dan! Decals are ordered and being made as we speak by North Graphics. I should be able to ship them in a week or so...

Gettin some silver decals made too to make sure they go on everyone's ski. Everyone needs to sport some Wood! It matches everything.

Attachments

• bruinsdecalsilver.jpg
    bruinsdecalsilver.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 39
Hey Everyone, It's great to see all the support for Kevin and his family here. I grew up with Kevin and as family friends we took many vacations together. I just returned from the funeral and it was a very meaningful service. For those that didn't know him well he was a passionate follower of Jesus Christ. I know his greatest wish would be that through his death others would come to know the peace he had in life AND in death through his faith in Christ. If you don't know that peace I would encourage you to find someone that does and ask them about it. I am encouraged by all the donations here. This is a great community. Some of you were looking for an address. I've got the donation card in my hand. They can be sent to:
Bruins Children's Education Fund
C/O Huntington Bank
101 East Main Avenue
Zeeland, MI 49464

Hey everyone, I know Capehenery had the idea of raffling off a jetski to raise money for the family. I think that is a great idea. So I think for the long run, we should do this once a year. I was thinking we could raffle off one jetski a year for the next couple of years to raise money for the kids college funds. If we sold raffling tickets over the course of one year, we could make some serious money. I myself will build and raffle off a ski for next year, and if Capehenery can do it at Wave Daze. Let me know if anyone else has an interest in this. Thanks.

Hey Everyone, It's great to see all the support for Kevin and his family here. I grew up with Kevin and as family friends we took many vacations together. I just returned from the funeral and it was a very meaningful service. For those that didn't know him well he was a passionate follower of Jesus Christ. I know his greatest wish would be that through his death others would come to know the peace he had in life AND in death through his faith in Christ. If you don't know that peace I would encourage you to find someone that does and ask them about it. I am encouraged by all the donations here. This is a great community. Some of you were looking for an address. I've got the donation card in my hand. They can be sent to:
Bruins Children's Education Fund
C/O Huntington Bank
101 East Main Avenue
Zeeland, MI 49464

Once we finaize the donations I will prepare a letter with the names of the donners and a grand total. I will not list the donation amounts, but feel it is important to make sure the entire comunity is represented. Im sure that we will issue more than one donation check over the next year with the many events that will follow.

Hey everyone, I know Capehenery had the idea of raffling off a jetski to raise money for the family. I think that is a great idea. So I think for the long run, we should do this once a year. I was thinking we could raffle off one jetski a year for the next couple of years to raise money for the kids college funds. If we sold raffling tickets over the course of one year, we could make some serious money. I myself will build and raffle off a ski for next year, and if Capehenery can do it at Wave Daze. Let me know if anyone else has an interest in this. Thanks.

Full disclosure, I will help with the raffle and any other way I can but I could not build my way out of a box when it comes to engines and skis. But I can build one heck of a house. I was referencing an eailer post that offered to start a build. I think the idea is great and we should do what ever we can. The sad truth is that in a few months most of us will get sidetracked by daily life and our attention will stray from this tragic event. I will do my part to rember kevin at wavedaze. These kids will need more than this one time gift from the heart, we will need to do more like JETSKIHORDER18 is suggesting. Something annually.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I think something annually would be great. Maybe at WaveRave and one or two of the other rides. Building an entire ski from scratch though is a huge undertaking with lots of little parts that are difficult to get. I think it would be almost impossible to do annually. I would check with some of the people who have done it, to find out the work it takes. I think there are easier ways to bring in money (50/50 raffles). and the regular charity raffles at freerides.

I plan on selling more of the decals at Daytona ($20 donation), to bring in some more $.

I am not talking about building a ski from scratch. I'm talking about putting together a nice clean 650sx done up with graphics and what not. Yeah it's a 650sx but to someone looking to get in the sport or to someone that wants another ski what's 10.00 for a raffle ticket that goes to a good cause. I build and sell atleast 20 of these skis a year. I would not mind raffleing one off next year to go towards Levine family.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
All subscriptions to the X through the end of the month will go to the fund also. You get a one year subscription to the X to remove ads and increase your pm storage, plus more money goes to the fund.

Don't wait, I wanted to run it through November but would rather get the money in now.

http://www.x-h2o.com/payments.php?

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Subscription paid as you wrote this thread, some timing...

Your's is what gave me the idea, thanks. It's been a month or so since someone subscribed, so I hadn't thought about it lately.

Your's is the first $10 in there, it will be interesting to see how many we can get.

Top Bottom