kidkornfilms: Cleveland Surf 09/11

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
It's OK if you prefer something like what you were using. I don't mind that you and Vegas don't get along. I hope things works out for you so your cool vids look even better!

Thanks Rasper, you are always a huge help!

The more research I do, the more I think I will be running AVID studio.

Last edited:

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
That was an awesome day for my first surf experience! Can't wait for some more waves
Looked like the 650 did alright for itself :D

Nice video. I wish we had waves like that in louisiana
I wish we had the warmth of Louisiana

What part of Cleveland are you guys at? My entire family lives up there and I visit from time to time during summer. The only beach of lake erie that I saw was completely filled with garbage (cement, rebar, and plenty of rust for all of the little kids to enjoy!). Would be cool to ride with you guys if I ever got up there with my ski.
Like matt said edgewater is filled with its needles, diapers, condoms, dead things, beer bottles, and homless guys missing limbs

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
No...64bit OS...but Korn just discovered that Pinnacle is only 32 bit.....even their latest best version....
So are the versions of Vegas we were discussing. It doesn't affect stability but does affect application performance by not taking advantage of the 64 bit OS and hardware.

I am kinda shocked ALL of the video editing software didn't immediately jump on 64bit stuff especially once 7 came out and kinda helped mainstream 64...

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Yep. The Sony program ran just as slow for me as Pinnacle. Pinnacle 15 ironed out the HD problems though. Vids are now clean and smooth!!! I still think I am going to go to AVID Studio because although it isn't 64bit, it is modified to run on 64 bit systems better than the old software. I edit REALLY fast and I think it just beats the crap out of computers. Matt, maybe we can get together Sunday and I can show you some stuff and we can figure some stuff out. I owe ya some $ anyway.

I'm gonna double up my RAM to 16gb and see what happens with that... I am playing with trial softwares right now. Hope to get a vid up, so you can see how much better the quality is than what I posted up with this Cleveland Vid, but Windows 7 has cut my internet speed down to 1/3 of what it used to be, hard to upload anything.

After effects is the way to go! Takes some time to learn but the possibilities are endless. Just have a buttload of RAM and you are good to go.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Yep. The Sony program ran just as slow for me as Pinnacle. Pinnacle 15 ironed out the HD problems though. Vids are now clean and smooth!!! I still think I am going to go to AVID Studio because although it isn't 64bit, it is modified to run on 64 bit systems better than the old software. I edit REALLY fast and I think it just beats the crap out of computers. Matt, maybe we can get together Sunday and I can show you some stuff and we can figure some stuff out. I owe ya some $ anyway.

I'm gonna double up my RAM to 16gb and see what happens with that... I am playing with trial softwares right now. Hope to get a vid up, so you can see how much better the quality is than what I posted up with this Cleveland Vid, but Windows 7 has cut my internet speed down to 1/3 of what it used to be, hard to upload anything.

When you say "The Sony program ran just as slow for me as Pinnacle." Was that your old Pinnacle or the new one? Glad to hear you are happy. It doesn't matter what you ended up using. HD editing is a big load on a computer. Using the arrow keys in Vegas works pretty darn fast for me. It just takes getting used to. I download TV shows out of my Tivo premiere and can edit the commercials out of a one hour show in under 10 minutes.

flipside

Bridges
Hey DJ, I would recommend sony vegas pro 9 or 10 - 64bit, you can normally find it on ebay for around 300. Its really user friendly and works without having a huge beastly computer. I recently upgraded to cs5.5 premium w/ after effects and i'm finding out quickly that the pc just doesnt cut it, need a mac for really good hd vid editing..

great vid btw though really liked it!

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Thanks, I just don't like the way Vegas operates....... I am trying to edit AVCHD 1920x1080. 8 more GB of RAM on the way...I'll see what that does!

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
I just saw the end of the computer discussion but....

I am running Powerdirector 9 with a Gen 2 i5 8GB ram, 7200 RPM HD and windows 7. Video editing is great, little to no lag.

My other computer is running 8GB ram, 7200 HD, Windows 7 and an older intel dual core 2.1 ghz. It is muuuch slower.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
DAMMIT. Once the movie gets big (about 60-70 clips), it just SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWS down. WTF. I can't do :):):):). Killing Pinnacle Studio 15 and going to try the last one, AVID Studio Pro next. Hopefully it uses my 64 and 8GB a lil better. Went back and messed with Sony Vegas again, just to see what it does with tons of little clips and it did the same thing. SLOOOOOOOOOW. I just don't think these home editors are good with super 1920/1080 HD yet.

They both work great with a couple longer clips, but when you put together a :):):):)load of little tiny ones, they can't handle it. Barry, have your tried putting together about 100 one second clips?? Just wondering if my computer is bottlenecking somewhere???

Oh well, killing everything and downloading AVID STUDIO tonight. I'll see what that does tomorrow after I learn how to use it....I gotta get this thing going soon. I have a ton of HD home vids to edit before Christmas.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I just saw the end of the computer discussion but....
I am running Powerdirector 9 with a Gen 2 i5 8GB ram, 7200 RPM HD and windows 7. Video editing is great, little to no lag.
My other computer is running 8GB ram, 7200 HD, Windows 7 and an older intel dual core 2.1 ghz. It is muuuch slower.

Are you editing 1920x1080 at BluRay quality? Thats whats killing me. I was great at DVD quality, but bumping up to HD is killing me.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
DAMMIT. Once the movie gets big (about 60-70 clips), it just SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWS down. WTF. I can't do :):):):). Killing Pinnacle Studio 15 and going to try the last one, AVID Studio Pro next. Hopefully it uses my 64 and 8GB a lil better. Went back and messed with Sony Vegas again, just to see what it does with tons of little clips and it did the same thing. SLOOOOOOOOOW. I just don't think these home editors are good with super 1920/1080 HD yet.

They both work great with a couple longer clips, but when you put together a :):):):)load of little tiny ones, they can't handle it. Barry, have your tried putting together about 100 one second clips?? Just wondering if my computer is bottlenecking somewhere???

Oh well, killing everything and downloading AVID STUDIO tonight. I'll see what that does tomorrow after I learn how to use it....I gotta get this thing going soon. I have a ton of HD home vids to edit before Christmas.
A couple things to try. DEFRAG! Break up the project into several sections of 20 clips each and combine them later. If it starts to slow down: save your work, exit the program and restart it. Reboot every hour or so. Don't drink energy drinks before editing. :smile:

The video below has maybe 50 clips cut out of like 7 longer clips. It also has titles overlayed to challenge Vegas a bit. I can use the arrow key movement method in Vegas and it rocks editing fast:
http://www.youtube.com/surfslam2011#p/a/u/1/z-hCcCmRLAk

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Thanks Barry... :naughty: I defrag every day and run Ccleaner! I am trying another new program, and ordered 8 more gb of ram, but I think I am just moving around too big of files too fast. I may end up just cutting the quality down to DVD from here on out....but I still have about 20 hours worth of hi def to edit.

While editing that Bruins video, I see how much easier it is to edit SD. It rips as fast as I want it to...So my computer IS getting faster, just not fast enough.

A couple things to try. DEFRAG! Break up the project into several sections of 20 clips each and combine them later. If it starts to slow down: save your work, exit the program and restart it. Reboot every hour or so. Don't drink energy drinks before editing. :smile:

The video below has maybe 50 clips cut out of like 7 longer clips. It also has titles overlayed to challenge Vegas a bit. I can use the arrow key movement method in Vegas and it rocks editing fast:
http://www.youtube.com/surfslam2011#p/a/u/1/z-hCcCmRLAk

I just watched that whole thing! Badass! Korn come over lets check some more stuff!

Top Bottom