Custom/Hybrid Kong vs superfreak

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Long story short, I had the flu which led to neumonia which I thought was cured, went to the beach, drank lots of saltwater, then double neumonia, lung surgery, ICU, recovery, lazy azz, just started back riding 2 weeks ago and trying to catch up on the X. LOL
How you guys doin??? Turning 40 has not been the best thing that has happened to me. LOL

That sucks..... Things have been good down here.. Switched motors from XS to Thrust/Dasa, loving the power, Rocking my Superfreak hull....

We are talking about a lake ride up your way with Jason & few others.. Keep ya posted

BACK ON TOPIC HERE

So Whats better KONG OR SUPERFREAK????? The answer is

20 guys that own Superfreaks are going to say Superfreak!
Kong owners are going to say Kong!

Like every other whats better thread.... Any body that spends big bucks on these A/M hulls will never say its bad, it rides like crap, I hate it, etc............. Well unless your Alex & duck tape over your hull makers name!!!!

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
That sucks..... Things have been good down here.. Switched motors from XS to Thrust/Dasa, loving the power, Rocking my Superfreak hull....

We are talking about a lake ride up your way with Jason & few others.. Keep ya posted

BACK ON TOPIC HERE

Like every other whats better thread.... Any body that spends big bucks on these A/M hulls will never say its bad, it rides like crap, I hate it, etc............. Well unless your Alex & duck tape over your hull makers name!!!!

Don't be bashful, do tell us who the hull manufacturer was!!! Out with it young lad!!!

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few

BACK ON TOPIC HERE

Now why would you ever do a thing like that??? BTW-Art Gomez really knows his way around the original 7 port cylinders with porting tools.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
"There can be only one"

Duh........I guess the hulls are competitive when compared to each other. It will come down to riding style and what works for the rider. And we know that all riders are different.

So, as it should be, riders will hopefully get a chance to try these different hulls, and decide which one will work best for them.

It's a small market to begin with. Let's let the riders have a choice or two. (no dis to any hull-builder)

Here, on the X, I've seen a lot of text in regard to certain hulls....perhaps the opposition needs to step up the marketing.

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Don't be bashful, do tell us who the hull manufacturer was!!! Out with it young lad!!!

Well that would be a Unhappy XFS owner....

Now why would you ever do a thing like that??? BTW-Art Gomez really knows his way around the original 7 port cylinders with porting tools.

Well you see XS was out of stock of bigger brap packages!

J/K

The first Dasa I rode was a dog so I never even looked at another one, was XS all the way... Brian at Thrust had a Dasa 16 mil for his personal ski.... I said Brian let's try that Dasa in my freak, never thought he would say let's do it... But he said come on down

We pulled my XS out, dropped the Dasa 16 mil on it's first bore so 1045cc... Right out of the box was right on par, few tweaks and the Dasa was unreal, told Brian I had to have it.... Sold the XS!

Now we have tuned and tweaked it even more.. I haven't rode anything that hits like the Dasa, it hits and never stops pulling, the higher it revs the harder it pulls.. Seen Lucas pull 7 flips in a row and the flips got bigger as he flipped....

I think me and Lucas might go over and ride with the guys from XS, I here the 1200 is rippin... Can't wait to see it in person, looking at videos I couldn't tell how hard the xs1200 was hittin...

There was a video of the XS 1200 on YouTube but I couldn't find it, must be off the search engine right now... But here's the first test pics of the Dasa / Superfreak / Lucas piloting the ski.. Wrong prop also

Last edited by a moderator:
Like every other whats better thread.... Any body that spends big bucks on these A/M hulls will never say its bad, it rides like crap, I hate it, etc..........

That's why I rode as many as I could before making my decision. I had my cash in hand ready to buy another hull until I rode it. I was convinced it was going to be perfect for me and I was going to love it. The reviews on this "other" hull(not kong) were all very good. I thought it rode TERRIBLE.
Everybody is going to like something different and like Josh said......after you go out and spend big money on a A/M hull you are going to tell people it's the best thing ever. Moral of the story.....GO RIDE THEM

attachment.php

is that the kong hull or superfreak?

Between those two hulls I would choose the Freak hands down. I finally got to ride one about a month or so back It was mild build "Blue paint" and I believe close to full length. Keep in mind I have not ridden but about 20 minute's in the last two years and that was at the Daytona freeride 7 months ago. I only got to ride it in the CHOPPY channle out at Sebby but that was all I needed to know that the boat handled absolutley amazing! I carved some hard corners, and blasted wide open between them. Never once did I squid out or for that matter even come close. It felt like a ski I have ridden all my life on my very first ride. I did a bunch of tight "S" turn's and the boat just kept feeling better and better..... but that was about the time where I was completly Arm lock pumped and had to give the ski back to it's owner. (Damnit I forget the awsome guy's name)

I still gota say though that when It come's to Fit an Finish Trinity is on a level all it's own. IMO There is no tweaking this to make the pump fit, or tweaking that because this dont fit.... It's just bolt your shiet in and go.

With all that said I would love the chance to ride two similar build's of a shortened Matrix and Freak back to back and just realy see where the two stand in my book.

Top Bottom