Lamey Cylinder / Power Factor Exhaust issue and cooling line routing question...

MS109 burns much hotter than most fuels. It has some hp gains through oxygenation though. once set up for it it is awsome. Most leaded fuels are very safe (C12) but unless you need that much octane it is not going to make anymore hp. but the "what is the best fuel to run deal could go on and on. Some one on a differant site gave me some crap about running leaded at a regional race even though my ski makes more HP on MS109. Basicly told me I was cheating. Ever since I have always run unlead at regional races even though it costs me more money. If leaded is not an issue for you and you want to be safe I would say C12. Smart man once told me "If you can't get something to stay together on C12 you need to rethink your game plan"

crammit442

makin' legs
MS109 burns much hotter than most fuels. It has some hp gains through oxygenation though. once set up for it it is awsome. Most leaded fuels are very safe (C12) but unless you need that much octane it is not going to make anymore hp. but the "what is the best fuel to run deal could go on and on. Some one on a differant site gave me some crap about running leaded at a regional race even though my ski makes more HP on MS109. Basicly told me I was cheating. Ever since I have always run unlead at regional races even though it costs me more money. If leaded is not an issue for you and you want to be safe I would say C12. Smart man once told me "If you can't get something to stay together on C12 you need to rethink your game plan"

True story.:smoker:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
OK, as usual I am really confused now. You guys say to run MS109 yet Chuckie and Paul say don't.?.?.?. So which is it, MS109 or NO MS109?
U know what, I'm just gonna stick w/27octane pump gas in my 210psi
engine. :stooges:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
OK, as usual I am really confused now. You guys say to run MS109 yet Chuckie and Paul say don't.?.?.?. So which is it, MS109 or NO MS109?
U know what, I'm just gonna stick w/27octane pump gas in my 210psi
engine. :stooges:

That is where you are missing the point. Jeeez. Your suppose to run Sunoco 55 octane................

you can run any of it, you just have to set your ski up for it.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
I copied and pasted this from another thread that was started. This is from the designer of the pipe:

I want to give everyone on this forum an insight to PFP and the PowerFactor SJ Freestyle Exhaust system.

This exhaust system is designed to be used on superstock engine setup’s (800, 900, 1000, 1100). Over the last several years, many engine builders have been designing bigger freestyle engines, IE Stroke, Bore, Exhaust Valves, and Etc. The only piece that remains the same is the “B” pipe. Don’t get me wrong, the “B” pipe is a great all around pipe for stock and slightly modified engines, but it was never designed for maximum HP or Torque. It was originally designed to make a 20 hp increase on a stock Yamaha 701 SJ. On superstock engines the “B” pipe signs off quick. I’m not going into details, I will explain it in simple terms. It is about the powerband. Todays top freestyle riders are using the midrange to launch. Once you get into the midrange and rev out…..Hold on. It may take a little adjustment to get use to riding this powerband.

Design: The perfect pipe would be a straight pipe if you could fit into a ski. The more bends and the tighter the bends, the more HP you lose. There is no current dry pipe you can use that allows you to run exhaust valves because they go up and around the engine. The PFP pipe allows easy access to all engine parts and has minimal bends.
Fuel Tank: You can use a 2 gallon fuel tank on the Yamaha SJ. This allows for 30-40 minutes of riding time. If you are making a lot of HP, any rider will tell you after a 30 minute session, you need a break. It takes 30 seconds to refuel. You kinda get use to it. It is also about the weight. Three to four gallons of fuel is a lot of weight.

Engine Tuning: Anytime you make more HP, you have to make the appropriate adjustments, IE Ignition Timing, Fuel, possible Impeller changes, ETC. Every superstock is different according to the engine builder. Remember everything has to be right from the time the air enters the flame arrestors to the time the exhaust exits the rear of the ski.

Production: PFP exhaust, are manufactured at Factory Pipe. We have never had a failure after running these exhaust systems for 3 years

Cost: No they are not the cheapest pipe. Anybody in the production business will tell you it’s about qty. PFP is not producing 1000 at a time. We manufacture 50 at a time.

Dyno: I would not even think about dynoing a “B” pipe on a superstock engine. Been there……done that….10 years ago. The dyno is a great place to develop a new tune spec for a pipe, but you cannot duplicate the way it runs on the water (off idle and mid range). You have to adjust the tune spec for the powerband you want “on the water” Bottomline. Let the ride speak for itself.

I did not write this to start any arguments. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. I am only speaking from my own experience.
I want to thank every aftermarket company (X-metal, EME, Waterdawg, and all others) for contributing to future of freestyle and freeride. The sport is moving in the right direction.

PowerFactorProducts.com website is coming soon.

Mark
When defying gravity…………..Horsepower to weight ratio

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I copied and pasted this from another thread that was started. This is from the designer of the pipe:

I want to give everyone on this forum an insight to PFP and the PowerFactor SJ Freestyle Exhaust system.

This exhaust system is designed to be used on superstock engine setup’s (800, 900, 1000, 1100). Over the last several years, many engine builders have been designing bigger freestyle engines, IE Stroke, Bore, Exhaust Valves, and Etc. The only piece that remains the same is the “B” pipe. Don’t get me wrong, the “B” pipe is a great all around pipe for stock and slightly modified engines, but it was never designed for maximum HP or Torque. It was originally designed to make a 20 hp increase on a stock Yamaha 701 SJ. On superstock engines the “B” pipe signs off quick. I’m not going into details, I will explain it in simple terms. It is about the powerband. Todays top freestyle riders are using the midrange to launch. Once you get into the midrange and rev out…..Hold on. It may take a little adjustment to get use to riding this powerband.

Design: The perfect pipe would be a straight pipe if you could fit into a ski. The more bends and the tighter the bends, the more HP you lose. There is no current dry pipe you can use that allows you to run exhaust valves because they go up and around the engine. The PFP pipe allows easy access to all engine parts and has minimal bends.
Fuel Tank: You can use a 2 gallon fuel tank on the Yamaha SJ. This allows for 30-40 minutes of riding time. If you are making a lot of HP, any rider will tell you after a 30 minute session, you need a break. It takes 30 seconds to refuel. You kinda get use to it. It is also about the weight. Three to four gallons of fuel is a lot of weight.

Engine Tuning: Anytime you make more HP, you have to make the appropriate adjustments, IE Ignition Timing, Fuel, possible Impeller changes, ETC. Every superstock is different according to the engine builder. Remember everything has to be right from the time the air enters the flame arrestors to the time the exhaust exits the rear of the ski.

Production: PFP exhaust, are manufactured at Factory Pipe. We have never had a failure after running these exhaust systems for 3 years

Cost: No they are not the cheapest pipe. Anybody in the production business will tell you it’s about qty. PFP is not producing 1000 at a time. We manufacture 50 at a time.

Dyno: I would not even think about dynoing a “B” pipe on a superstock engine. Been there……done that….10 years ago. The dyno is a great place to develop a new tune spec for a pipe, but you cannot duplicate the way it runs on the water (off idle and mid range). You have to adjust the tune spec for the powerband you want “on the water” Bottomline. Let the ride speak for itself.

I did not write this to start any arguments. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. I am only speaking from my own experience.
I want to thank every aftermarket company (X-metal, EME, Waterdawg, and all others) for contributing to future of freestyle and freeride. The sport is moving in the right direction.

PowerFactorProducts.com website is coming soon.

Mark
When defying gravity…………..Horsepower to weight ratio

And the point of all this is??? I thought this thread was about stale lawn mower gas vs. MS109 ???:pokey:sorry bro-I could NOT resist.

My vote is the stale lawn mower gas:headbang:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Ya, not real technical I know... But he asked for information. Thought I'd at least post something from the creator since that is all he has released.

I'll give as much info as I can once I get some hands on experience with it.

If you'd like to try one of the "flappers" that Kawasaki used on the 750SX, I have a few to get rid of.
I believe these were intended to be more of a noise reduction device rather than a seal to prevent water from coming back into the exhaust system/engine via the through hull exhaust passage.
I would also suggest asking the manufacturer of your exhaust system about the implications of using this device as it will increase the back pressure in the exhaust system.

Eric.

This is one of my biggest concerns and I am always thinking about it.

I do flatwater only and pull my sky out of the water even when just relaxing for a minute (custom beach cart).

I will probably end up doing some kind of flapper like the older Kawi's... Also though of maybe in inline flapper valve, kinda like a sump pump/scupper one. Only problem is finding one big enough and that can with stand the heat.

Attachments

• Img0465.jpg
    Img0465.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Img0466.jpg
    Img0466.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Img0467.jpg
    Img0467.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 38
Top Bottom