Lessons learned during rebuilds...

Why are people not loving scuppers and front exhuasts?

Front side exhausts allow one to do tailstands... but they also suffocate the rider with exhaust fumes. Am i right?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Because they suck.

Front exhausts are noisy and have only one purpose - letting riders with less skill do tailstands. :haha:

Scuppers suck because they sink boats. You're much better off with a good hood seal and two bilge pumps.

JMHO, off course.

Why cant you do tailstand with rear exhaust? ive done it a couple times and i suck...

-sand outdoors or cover anything not being sanded
-a magnet on a stick can come in handy when you drop stuff
-have some general idea of how you ski goes together if you plan on taking it apart, or take lots of pics as you go for reference.

matt_e: Do all aftermarket hoods seal well? Or do some of them? Why do peopl einstall scuppers in the first place? Is defoaming a god idea?

shadow: You can do tailstands without front exhaust for a few seconds.. and then you'll stall. I think the engine needs a certain amount of backpressure to work... when you submerge the tail too far under water the pressure changes and your engine stalls.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
matt_e: Do all aftermarket hoods seal well? Or do some of them?

Depends on the hood - you get what you pay for.

Why do peopl einstall scuppers in the first place?

Because it's the popular thing to do and everyone thinks they need one or two scuppers.

Is defoaming a god idea?

If your foam's wet.

shadow: You can do tailstands without front exhaust for a few seconds.. and then you'll stall. I think the engine needs a certain amount of backpressure to work... when you submerge the tail too far under water the pressure changes and your engine stalls.

My engine doesn't stall doing that.

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
Yea, though I ride through the oceans of the beloved Superjets, I will fear no evil: for I ride a Kawi; my SX and my X2 they comfort me.Thou preparest an engine on the table before me in the presence of many nonbelievers: thou anointest my premix with oil; my fuel tank runneth over.Surely backflips and barrel rolls shall come easily all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the swell of the Surf for ever

:haha::haha::haha::haha: I may have to adjust that for my purposes but I love it!

tbaer

USMC
I would put some type of strainer on my scupper valve next time somewhere near the bulkhead so i dont loose bolts :banghead:

And i found a snickers wrapper in my last SN i bought

that is fuggin insane i just found a snickers wrapper in the foam of the sn i just bought. We got them from the same guy. thats just wierd!!!

Back to the thread...

Make sure the glass you put down is strong enough before turfing.

tbaer

USMC
1> Just a little tighter on that bolt or nut is not always a good idea
2> (repeat) a dropped tool, washer,bolt, something important will ALWAYS go under the motor.
3> Wrenchs that slip will ALWAYS head for the nearest knuckle or forehead (especially true on vehicle suspensions)

Those knuckes will usually go for the nearest hose clamp or other sharp object so you cut the chit out of your hand and throw the wrench while screaming %%&^*&^$%$#$@^#^**())...

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Spend the 30.00 to make your own pressure testing kit and PRESSURE TEST the engine BEFORE u install it and get to the lake to find u have a/or several small air leaks!!!

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I own one boat with a front exhaust ,it was built that way from Kawi,I just haven't gotten around to running a rear exhaust setup yet,I am building a boat with a scupper but it will also have a sump pump valve ,a pump tunnel exit and a perko rubber scupper on the exit along with a bilge pump and an upgraded stock bilge system.

Top Bottom