Lets go Tanker chasing again Sunday looks Ideal

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
you need to go reread my post and peters post. That is SATURDAY. The post before your is asking about SUNDAY! Keep us posted on the surf when your down there this weekend.

thought you were going to meet up with Peter for his river run?

oh, and ADDict sent me a PM last night - he was looking at a surf forecast and thinks 3-5's this weekend.

I think those 5's are going to be further south, but we might catch some of it:

http://www.surfermag.com/surf-reports-and-forecasts/forecasts/index.html?RegionID=16&rt=Texas

The Penguin

triple secret probation
ah, for some reason I thought Peter was going on Sunday.

either way - I'll call someone with a surf report on Friday afternoon. Please post since I won't have a computer.

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
yea, it was slim. But a tug came by and kicked up some good waves for us for about a mile. Then when we were heading back there were 3 tankers coming in.

I think next time we need to launch in Kemah and shoot out straight to the tip of the breakwater/jetty whatever piece of land is called.
It looks to be just a lil more distance from the big bridge to it than from Sylvan Beack to the jetty.

Last edited:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
Check this out - I was looking at Google Earth and found another spot: El Jardin Beach

The distance from the Kemah Bridge to the island out in front of it (if that's what you are talking about) - is 6.1 miles, and then you'd have to make another 2 mile run to get from that island up to Atkinson Island (were we've been riding)

from Sylvan Beach to the big cove is 3.7 miles

from El Jardin Beach to southern tip of the first island is 2.5 miles. Anyone ever been to El Jardin Beach?

What do you think?

Attachments

• galv bay.jpg
    galv bay.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 19

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
Check this out - I was looking at Google Earth and found another spot: El Jardin Beach

The distance from the Kemah Bridge to the island out in front of it (if that's what you are talking about) - is 6.1 miles, and then you'd have to make another 2 mile run to get from that island up to Atkinson Island (were we've been riding)

from Sylvan Beach to the big cove is 3.7 miles

from El Jardin Beach to southern tip of the first island is 2.5 miles. Anyone ever been to El Jardin Beach?

What do you think?

Yea El Jardine now charges from what I hear per the fishing board. Also its a small parking lot and the boat ramp sucks balls.

Your map looks old. not sure when it was taken. Moonie and I put in at SB went over to the sunken boat then went from there to the very front of the jetty.
I did not notice any islands along the way. When we got to the end of the jetty I looked over and could see the kemah/seabrook bridge. Just a thought.
But the El Jardine launch would be better but I hear they charge on the weekends now.
Just my .02 worth.

Top Bottom