Lone Star Free Ride 2011 Roll call and info:

Melmack

(Timothy)
Lone star free ride is coming! Check this years thread for dates.

PORT A SURF CAM

Location: Port Aransas beach just south of beach access road 1. Not 1a

Map links: Ride/camping spot Closest Fuel station

Camping thread: Campers roll call/camping info

Hotel thread: Where to stay

Beach launch rules, campfire rules muni code and all the legal stuff:

• Launch from beach is legal anywhere south of beach access road 1. (Not 1a) I have verified this with county and city police so there is no question on this. See link below for more details.
  • Campfires must be 'contained' and no larger than 3' wide x 3' tall or be by permit. We had small contained fires last year with no hastles by the cops. If someone wants to get a permit, I'll bring a ton of wood.
  • Pit bikes are questionable. I've found no laws about this. Keep it low key and stay off the main road until later and we should be ok.
  • Riding/launching at the jetty is permitted but you must stay 250 ft from shore(This is a good spot to catch tanker and charter boat wakes)
  • Beach parking permit is $12 for riding area, this includes 3 nights camping. Permit can be obtained at local gas stations and retailers.

Great news! I recieved a reply from the Port A Deputy City manager today 2/22/2011:

Tim –

The ordinances you posted are correct. You can beach launch in the I.B. McGee County Park (from the south jetty to within 250’ of the fishing pier) and anywhere south of Beach Access Road #1 (the golf course road). We always have a turnover in the police force so many of the new officers don’t know the regs. I’d just print out a copy of ordinance so you can show them. Or just tell them “Dave Parsons” said it was okay.

Take care and have some fun,

David

David Parsons

Deputy City Manager

City of Port Aransas, TX

Last edited:

Melmack

(Timothy)
Roll call:

BByamaha
SteveOwe
Melmack
Spunky
Peter123
Dragginblazer
Murdock
Skinnyman
Sidsol
bobob729
Martin33
Only-FX1(And Austin crew)
wavegoddess
Swapmeet
Martin33
Odd Duck(Probably)
Penguin +2
Smoofers
dfwstandup
QuickMick
Bluffskier
nizzit
TJLsuperjet
'kotajoe
Wave Chaser(Like it or not)
ClayMax and Greg
Premix
JeffX2&SX
Roadhazzardguy
LiquidForce5010
Sidsol
Addict
Liquid-6
Loganpsd + 2
KD57

Last edited:

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
We will likely be there, but can't be 100% certain at this point. We'll know more closer to the day. We'll be rockin' the Hollars Hotel, as always. Plan on cobbler - hmm, I'm thinking I MIGHT have strawberries and rhubarb by then. How about it, does that sound good for the smaller one, then probably the old standby apple spice for the bigger pot? I've got a new, crumble topping I've been thinking of doing, I guess I better try it out first, huh?

Edit: Oh, and Melmack? If you start a thread called "Port Aransas FAQ's" with the first post being the info you have in the first post, along with the hotel info like you have in the other thread, I'm sure someone would sticky it for you.

Last edited:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
What if she isnt wearing socks?

it'll knock her shorts off. or skivvies. or undies. take yer pick.

Pineapple what? Is this a "pineapple"?

http://image.shutterstock.com/displ...grenades-d-rendered-illustration-44184574.jpg

Or a real pineapple dessert? Or does the naive little Nebraska girl need to go look at urbandictionary again?

a pineapple cobbler. I found the recipe several years ago, and finally made it last year when I was up at Caddo Lake with my future in-laws. It is to die for. Absolutely must be eaten with vanilla ice cream, as it is too rich to eat without.

skinnyman

YOU CANT RENT MY SKI
Future in-laws.

Did you pop that ?
Honey will you marry ME
Stop having sex with me
Tell me what to do and when
How to spend my money
Till death due us part
Congrates

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
it'll knock her shorts off. or skivvies. or undies. take yer pick.

a pineapple cobbler. I found the recipe several years ago, and finally made it last year when I was up at Caddo Lake with my future in-laws. It is to die for. Absolutely must be eaten with vanilla ice cream, as it is too rich to eat without.

You stay away from my skivvies, you perv, you're about to be a married man, apparently! Congrats!

And for sure, I'll try your pineapple cobbler! Ice cream and cobbler sounds divine! Bring it on!

Top Bottom