Lone Star Free Ride 2011 Roll call and info:

Martin33

LIVE ACTION !
Had a great time, nice meeting new ppl.....I wish the surf was cleaner than it was....but its Texas surf..what do you expect? Im sunburned, wind burned and sand blasted.....im going to BED!!!! lol

Had a great time with you guys!

Daniel

Peter123

C-Note
My ski had no power and turned like a sinking brick, so most of my time in the water was spent swimming. I'm just glad Smoofer confirmed, by swimming, that it was my ski and I didn't suck THAT bad. Time for a complete rebuild just to get this taken care of.

I had a great time. I got to meet a few new people, and see people I haven't seen in a year. Yes, the wind was blowing, but the beer was cold.

I really enjoyed seeing the skilled riders out there in that big, but sloppy, surf. I just wished I'd had binoculars to better see Daniel going huge with that Trinity.

Will there be a September ride?

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
Will there be a September ride?

If there is and it's down this way, I'd suggest moving it south about 15 miles to Packery Channel/ JP Luby Park.........waves always seem to be better/cleaner with breaks closer to the shore. Plenty of room for camping and beach launching. Sunday cleaned up real nice there.......average chest to shoulder height with a few sets rolling in head plus with good spacing between waves.

If anyone comes back down to ride please hit me up....me and bluffskier are out there all the time.....hopefully I have my motor situated and dialed in before then.

It was great meeting new people and watching all the experienced riders. Big thanks to Jeff for letting me take that gen2 x2 out for a spin. Trying to convince the wife that we need one. Would love to get rid of her GPR for one...... hahaha

Melmack

(Timothy)
Great time! As with all LSFRs, it was different than the last. It was definitely windy but once you got out to the 4th or 5th set, there where some huge waves to go big on. Too bad for me all I had was my new X-2 and the 300.

I had a blast on Jeff's Gen2X-2. That thing was like an old school x-2 on a diet and crack. Tons of fun, easy to control. I want one!

I enjoyed meeting all of you guys and seeing old friends. I think we should have done the ride in March or earlier in April. The conditions are more consistent then. Maybe not so big but definitely not so windy.

We need to start thinking of a Fall ride. I think Port A is great but Crystal beach sounds fun too. One year is too long to wait between rides will all you guys. I'm already chomping at the bit to get out there again.

BTW, dose anyone have an update on Willy? Hope he is alright.

Last edited:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
I don't know about Port A and Corpus area - but generally, Crystal Beach in the fall is FLAT

of course we could always go down and chase the ferry boats...I'm sure the Coast Guard would love to have some target practice.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Great to see and meet everybody! Great times, hope nobody is going home with bad ski problems to fix (except Peter, sorry bro).

Can't wait till the next ride.

Sorry for those I missed on Sunday.

Melmack

(Timothy)
We could do port A in the fall, but camp by the jetty. Surf was flat last time we had a fall ride but we went around the jetties for some epic boat wake jumping. The water there is kinda dirty but its close to the hotels and bars and there are always fishing boats to chase in the channel that time of year.

Top Bottom