looking for good surf slash pics

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
is this frontside or backside? whichever, it's the only way i can do them.

nice slash Scott. I've always liked yours slashes.

Frontside BTW

The names frontside and backside originate from surfing where they mean the direction the surfer is facing while surfing a wave. If the surfer is facing the wave, he or she is surfing frontside, otherwise he or she is surfing backside.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontside

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I haven't seen a single pic of me slashing from Daytona and that's what I was doing 70% of my riding, go figure. I'm just not pretty enough I guess.

If you have a copy of Jet Waves, that's an awesome one for slashes with Scott Watkins and Jeff Kantz doing some nice ones.

i've got vid of you slashin, Darin. It will be in the flick.

brett

-------------
nice slash Scott. I've always liked yours slashes.

Frontside BTW

The names frontside and backside originate from surfing where they mean the direction the surfer is facing while surfing a wave. If the surfer is facing the wave, he or she is surfing frontside, otherwise he or she is surfing backside.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontside

but when you slash, your turning away from the wave. you turn with your ass facin the way you turn, thats what i would consider a backside slash. if your turnin the way your facing (in surf stance) that would be a frontside slash. at least thats how i understand it, guess im wrong but thats how its described on a wakeboard (but with toeside/heelside.)

Last edited:

2ride

Enjoy Life...
Couple of mine.

Attachments

• surfslash1.jpg
    surfslash1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 78
  • surfslash2.jpg
    surfslash2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 83
  • ss5.jpg
    ss5.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 63
  • ss6.jpg
    ss6.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 50
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 63

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
Just fun as hell.

Oh I absolutely agree with that, but the difficulty lvl of it is wayyy down on the scale. I've seen people do them that have only ridden for like 2 months.

They also make for nice pictures, just trying to figure out the whole new slash craze.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Whats amazing, is to see Cuong, Talor and Andrew slashing on much bigger waves, say in the 6-8 foot range. That separates the men from the boys real fast.

Oh I absolutely agree with that, but the difficulty lvl of it is wayyy down on the scale. I've seen people do them that have only ridden for like 2 months.

They also make for nice pictures, just trying to figure out the whole new slash craze.

lol......not even close bro

the slash is all about TIMING...if you dont hit it right you either get thrown off the backside, or plung into a pool off foam right over the bars...

try one right into the face of a 6 foot wave and it will humble you with a quickness

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
lol......not even close bro

the slash is all about TIMING...if you dont hit it right you either get thrown off the backside, or plung into a pool off foam right over the bars...

try one right into the face of a 6 foot wave and it will humble you with a quickness

umm.... ive surfed for about 9 years and ridden surf on a ski for about 4. A surf slash is the first trick ive ever done on a ski in the surf.

brett

-------------
Whats amazing, is to see Cuong, Talor and Andrew slashing on much bigger waves, say in the 6-8 foot range. That separates the men from the boys real fast.
x2, its scary when you f-up on a big one and get hammered in the whitewash or go strait through the bottom on your way down.

but yeah, its definitelly more of a style thing than a trick thing. id say its just fun, specially for those of us who cant do much else:bigok:

Last edited:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
Here's a couple of me frontside and backside, and one killer shot of Taylor...

Attachments

• 37jpg.jpg
    37jpg.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 99
  • taylor.jpg
    taylor.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 95
  • WFF07015.jpg
    WFF07015.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 86
  • NC4010.jpg
    NC4010.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 88

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I guess I'm the only one that doesnt understand the impressiveness of a surf slash :shrug:
maybe easy to do, hard to make look good. sure, anyone can turn on a wave but to have the ski leaned way over and slide up the face of a wave with speed isn't that easy. I'd say more than half of my time doing tricks for the last 7 months (since I had surgery on my nose) has been doing slashes and I'm still not happy with them.

Top Bottom