looking for good surf slash pics

maybe easy to do, hard to make look good. sure, anyone can turn on a wave but to have the ski leaned way over and slide up the face of a wave with speed isn't that easy. I'd say more than half of my time doing tricks for the last 7 months (since I had surgery on my nose) has been doing slashes and I'm still not happy with them.

im glad that you are finally putting some time into waveriding :spankme::Banane26:

stanton

High on jetskis.
Oh I absolutely agree with that, but the difficulty lvl of it is wayyy down on the scale. I've seen people do them that have only ridden for like 2 months.

They also make for nice pictures, just trying to figure out the whole new slash craze.

a proper slash isnt easy...without tubbies.

but serious holding consistency on a slash is hard! real slash. sliding across the lip into and down the breaking wave. its not just sliding on a roller its ripping on the curl. wideopen lookback style is sick.

508240-R1-011-4_004.jpg

luke slides so pro

i guess thats why i've never bothered learning which is which cause it depends on who you're talking to at the time.

i like to use the white water from the part of the wave that has already broken like a bumper to stop my forward progress. (1st 3 seq.) and try to get the pump higher than the lip so the spray shoots higher (last pic)

these and re-entries are all i do. i think they both are hard to do right and my style changes over time. i do slashes way different then i used to.

i think they are somewhat of a lost art, as the masses concentrate on backflips and barrelrolls.

i would probably appreciate backflips more if i could do them:no:

Attachments

• DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0056.JPG
    DSC_0056.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Fro Diesel

creative control
this thread made me decide to install tubbies for the next ride(chickenbone for me). I have had them in my garage since august, just never stopped riding to install them. I keep looking at them saying, seems like a lot of work to install, wonder what i could get for them if sold on ebay.

I tried to slash in daytona but i kept nosing in hard and nailing the bottom. I made a few attempts up here on lake michigan once riding with danceswithsuperjet. I got slammed so hard into the sand and then the ski rolled over and the wave slammed the ski into me. knocked teh wind out of me and i was spitting sand out my mouth (bell helmet and all) I really think i will be rolling much sooner than doing kick ass slashes like these.

keep up the good work, i love these pics. purdy.

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
With a good slash you can actually hit the lip of a wave while its past vertical, so you're looking straight down, and be able to ride out of it because your momentum is still going horizontally with the wave and not forward so you dont burry the nose and pearl.

idk about that. andrew is still learnig, tc is perfection.

With a good slash you can actually hit the lip of a wave while its past vertical, so you're looking straight down, and be able to ride out of it because your momentum is still going horizontally with the wave and not forward so you dont burry the nose and pearl.

then andrew is lucky with the camera.....post 1, pic 3/4

that is exactly what serlin is descring, granted on a small wave.........this is the description I had wanted to put into words earlier, but coundnt think of a good way to explain it

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
Some more fun stuff...I think lots of spray is key.

Attachments

• IMG_6408.jpg
    IMG_6408.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6595.jpg
    IMG_6595.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6489.jpg
    IMG_6489.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom