looking for good surf slash pics

i have always thought (and been told) backflips are the easiest trick to do. that is mostly a courage thing. maybe its because i have never done one and cant appreciate the subtleties, but one backflip looks just like another. some are higher than others. but thats about the only difference i see. you either make it around or you dont.

barrel rolls are another story. there are ugly barrel rolls and the are pretty barrel rolls. more technique involved on them. imo

but you are right, to the average person, backflips have the biggest wow factor.
:brap:

wydopen

onthepipe
Whatever, think what you want, but slashing and surf riding is wayyyy easier than throwing a huge backflip or barrel roll. You can argue all you want but its true.

:thumbsdown:

its funny i learned to BR a few months after i started riding...took me a while to do a solid turn in the pocket..yes i agree throwing some spray and faking a turn in ankle high dribble isnt hard but doing a quality turn on a good wave is much harder...but i dont have to tell you..your a surfer:wink:

Last edited:
P

PancakePete

I think that people that cant do it all should judge what is easier and what is better... bla,bla

I think that Backflip, barrel roll, and re-entry/ surf slash to ME are all equal it difficulty...
Variations of all those are hard.

I cant stand when people think they are god because they get to ride bigger waves than others...

I go out in everything... small, big, dumping, clean.

I just want to go out and have fun....
I try to balance surfing and aerials so neither get boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
Dont get me wrong here people. Not sure why some are getting so upset about this lol. I am abotu as amatuer as you can get in the surf. I cant backflip, I cant barrel roll all I can do is ride in it. But I can do a surf slash, not a great one but one none the less. That is my reasoning behind saying it is easy to learn but hard to master. Maybe the surfing experience i have is what makes it seem easy, im not sure, but calm down lol. After all isnt it alla bout just having a good time on the water?

btw, there are killer pics in thi8s thread.

I think people should ride the way they want to and not look at other peoples styles to see how they can improve what they are doing. Style comes from individualism, and if you try to do things the way other people do, it just turns you into a clone. Creativity is key. Lets see some monster flat 360 and stuff.

Now go ride cuz i cant lol, the water here is like 35 degrees and the river and bay are frozen

stanton

High on jetskis.
i like this one, sub and all
509887-R1-031-14_014.jpg

509887-R1-033-15_015.jpg

Scorn800

Ride for life
The thing I liked best about watching TC and the west coast crew was how fast they rode. TC looked like we was on a bouy track just ripping hard turns & slashes. I was really feeling it.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
The thing I liked best about watching TC and the west coast crew was how fast they rode. TC looked like we was on a bouy track just ripping hard turns & slashes. I was really feeling it.

me too, I liked it alot.

I was watching him ride along the bottom of a long wave and he'd slide out the back of the ski to hit the face of the wave and ride a little more until he found a section to re-entry. It was fun to watch.

Last edited:
For me real skill shines in wave riding. The west coast guys are at another level when it comes to this. Once Taylor hit the water in Daytona a saw a transformation in the way other people were riding immediately. People started riding faster, hitting lips and slashing waves. Granted they weren't doing as well as Taylor, but it was cool to see.
Big waves or small, its was clear the best freeriders come from the westside. Credit were credit is due.

For me real skill shines in wave riding. The west coast guys are at another level when it comes to this. Once Taylor hit the water in Daytona a saw a transformation in the way other people were riding immediately. People started riding faster, hitting lips and slashing waves. Granted they weren't doing as well as Taylor, but it was cool to see.
Big waves or small, its was clear the best freeriders come from the westside. Credit were credit is due.

They really do have some serious talent! :headbang:

Without Jerry rolling the blaster, I would have never thought... after I learned to role a SJ, I then went on to role Pete's X2, then most recently wiring the Blaster roles... first on a stocker, then last weekend on a limited..... Not my boats :booty:

After watching TC rip it at Daytona I am really excited about focusing more on my surf riding.... Before watching him rip the shores, I really didnt have the ambition. He is so smooth, fast, and in control all the time. It was awsome to watch..... It was like watching a cool vid, the hole time he was on the water~

cambo au

TRYING TO LEARN
my files are to big to upload so i give up but there are some sweet pics in this thread i would say that back flip,barrel roll surf slash re entrys all have there degree of dificulty but some you learn without putting your body on the line so people think they are easyer all are hard it just takes time to master

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter

Taylor is the sheeeot. I have AMAZING video of him...his style reminds me of Joe K. Very similar.

Top Bottom