Looking for opinions/reviews of the eme micro & the krash industries foot rocket!!!!!

I have a kawi 800 Ada head running 180-190 psi
Factory wet pipe #zero light flywheel.
I'm ready to drop this thing into an AM hull before summer comes!!!! I'm really interested in the fr & the micro! I ride about 50/50 of surf & flat water. I weight about 115 lbs so I want to get a ski that I can easily maneuver & chase down boats with. I currently have an sxr but because it weighs so much more than I do it makes it harder to rock. Any & all opinions please!!!!!!

Either one would be a great boat chaser. I own a Footrocket and love it (it's Krash Ind. by the way, not Burn Ind.) I rode a micro at world finals, but only for about 5 min. Footrocket is an awesome all around boat, very stable, great for chasing boats and it's a very capable hull. The micro surprisingly rode very nice too, not nose high at all. The micro to me rode a lot flatter than the rocket, the rocket loves to be laid over and carved, so coming from an SXR you might like that.

P.s. I literally weigh double what you do and found both skis very easy to ride, not nose high at all.

Lol whoops, Krash industries deff makes the foot rocket! I always get the two mixed up! Thank you! That helps a lot!!! Do you have the fiberglass foot rocket or carbon?

I have the carbon Footrocket. The EME Micro I rode was Ryan Doberstein's and it had a sxr800 motor and I was getting some decent air on the couple straight jumps I did off my own wake.

If your looking for a hull that weight less than a sxr I would also consider checking out a boston whaler..... Lol just messing with ya. I would go for the micro. Because it's half the price and you don't need to have it shipped. Eric Malone is located in Pennsylvania and your in maryland....

If your looking for a hull that weight less than a sxr I would also consider checking out a boston whaler..... Lol just messing with ya. I would go for the micro. Because it's half the price and you don't need to have it shipped. Eric Malone is located in Pennsylvania and your in maryland....
Lol well made points because of price I'm definitely leaning more towards the micro

Frosty

New York Crew
I've ridden both, and almost bought an EME Q8 - ended up buying the Foot Rocket. It's more nimble IMO and feels more like a radical small superjet. the EME tray was too wide for me and felt like a small SXR.

Fit and finish, the FR was much better. Ease of build, the FR was a dream to build, both with my Dasa 850 and Power Factor, as well as my rebuild with my new Dasa 1000 and B-pipe.

Quality, I've lawn darted my FR doing back flips in less than a foot of water... one was so violent i smashed my head, cracked my helmet and chipped my eye socket on the bars... barely a scuff mark on the nose. it's bulletproof.

my FR is likely the last hull I'll ever need or want.

anyway, good luck with your decision... hope my experience has helped.

Lacey, neither one of those hulls will be any good for chasing boats in our area. If you want to chase boats a superjet with foot holds and quick steer would be the best ride for you. If your stuck on getting an aftermarket hull I would say get a full length hull like a fs2, vision or superfreak, etc. There's a reason those are the chosen hulls for boat chasing around here. Even still you will be just as capable if not more capable on a superjet because of the way they ride at speed through chop when chasing a boat. Come ride our hulls this spring before you spend money on a ski that is not capable of boat chasing. Unless you just want to ride flat water but we live in a prime area for boat chasing. (Btw this is Jason Govatos)

I'll weigh in just because I think I have a good feel for your riding style. You're very comfortable on the SXR, I think going to a foot rocket or an EME is going to be a bit of a shock. That's a big jump. As for flat water I can't really speak too much, but boat chasing I know a little about. You need a stable hull if you plan to ride for any period of time, at speed, and it needs to be comfortable. What we do here in Maryland is not at all like what other places offer, we ride for hours at a time, in chop, boat traffic and whatever other conditions might present themselves. Hence why I always argue that old race engines are perfect for what we do, rather than 3 second engines. I personally think that both of those skis are ill-equipped for what we do, they just don't make sense. The EME is a pure flat water ski, you can use if for other things, but it's not really purposed for it. The foot rocket is short and nimble, and maybe with you only being midget sized it will be less awkward but the ones I've seen in the surf (aside from Jake who is on a different level) spin and flip but don't recover well. Then again your size will probably help in this respect.

Flatwater is a sport all of it's own. I think to have a good all around ski is realistic, but you're not going to get the BEST of both worlds. I personally think that you're going down the wrong path and that neither of those skis will fit your form of riding. I personally prefer the superfreak bad ass for all around riding, and in the surf it almost flips too damn fast, it rolls with ease. Realize too that an average glass ski with you on it, is still going to weigh less than a carbon ski with one of us fatties on it. But if you're set on the Krash why not the JB-1 or Predator? They seem much better for all around riding from what I've seen. You have access to an EME in Kenny's ski, you could ride Jrocks FR2, Jason's Vision, my freak, or Justin's Rok. I'd suggest putting some seat time in before you decide. Just my humble opinion.

Very true. Might wanna mention we are not riding tiny lakes/ ponds. It's the bay with average 45-50ft yatch a going 25-30 knots throwing big wakes. Where every day has mild to rough chop. I'd highly recommend a much more surf oriented style hull. Micro is wayyyyy out the question. Thats totally Flat water setup. You'll be bouncing allllll over the place and thrown off trying to run with a 50ft yatch lol.

My suggestions would be...

Super freak titan
Krash JB1 or predator
fP1
Rickter fs2
Brawler hull
Matrix
Rok
Vision

But I def agree a Rn Sj would be the ticket.

Just cause its cheap don't mean it's gonna work. I'd just try all our hulls out come spring time. And all the above you can pick up used as well. ( except predator, but soon enough I'm sure )

Well I like the sound of that! Just curious though, what's your setup in the foot rocket?

I have a Dasa 1200 in my rocket. I wish I would have rode Malone's EME Micro 1200 at Body Beach so I would have a better comparison. I completely agree with everything Frosty said, Footrockets are a dream to build and the fit/finish is second to none. The rockets are not double the price of the Micro despite what someone else said and Zack Bright has one in stock I believe so don't let that discourage you.

Also in response to Waveblaster's post: Have you had the chance to ride a Footrocket? I do a lot of boat chasing on the lake I ride, with all the oil money in the area there are tons of high dollar wakeboard boats that throw out huge wakes that are tons of fun to hit. 75% of the riding I do is boat chasing and the Rocket does it very well. I had a full length Trinity Matrix before my Rocket and the Rocket is way more stable at high speed and way more fun for boat chasing.

hink I don't think any wakeboard boat is comparable to a 3 story motor yatch haha but your right def agree with all you say only this area is the type that you actually have to go out on traffic where your surrounded by massive fast moving boats. In this area I seen wake board boats jumping our waves...just for reference haha. We wish more ppl from near by states would come join us an try.

I have a Dasa 1200 in my rocket. I wish I would have rode Malone's EME Micro 1200 at Body Beach so I would have a better comparison. I completely agree with everything Frosty said, Footrockets are a dream to build and the fit/finish is second to none. The rockets are not double the price of the Micro despite what someone else said and Zack Bright has one in stock I believe so don't let that discourage you.

Also in response to Waveblaster's post: Have you had the chance to ride a Footrocket? I do a lot of boat chasing on the lake I ride, with all the oil money in the area there are tons of high dollar wakeboard boats that throw out huge wakes that are tons of fun to hit. 75% of the riding I do is boat chasing and the Rocket does it very well. I had a full length Trinity Matrix before my Rocket and the Rocket is way more stable at high speed and way more fun for boat chasing.

I'm not dogging the foot rocket by any means but I don't think you have a good barometer for the type of boats and riding we have here. It's much more comparable to surf. An average boat is 46+.

No disrespect but we wouldn't chase a wakeboard boat. And it's been my experience that not too many wake boarders ride in chop, they ride where it's glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chasing a wakeboard boat on a lake is way different than chasing 45+ foot sport fish on a choppy river. You can't ride a short hull out here and keep up with the boats. It doesn't matter how "stable" it is, if it's really short it's not going to work. We pass over wakes from wakeboard boats while chasing some large boats.

Quality, I've lawn darted my FR doing back flips in less than a foot of water... one was so violent i smashed my head, cracked my helmet and chipped my eye socket on the bars... barely a scuff mark on the nose. it's bulletproof.

Are you riding in the Kiddie pools again? Man, you guys will do anything to ride year-round!

Last edited:
Top Bottom