Looking for opinions/reviews of the eme micro & the krash industries foot rocket!!!!!

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
You can not maintain 30+ mph for extended periods of time in the chop we ride in on a short hull. Good luck

You can do it on a FR. It's not going to be as easy as a SJ but you can deff haul ass on a FR. Sounds like you have never rode one so honestly you opinion is worthless.

From what SHE is saying. A foot rocket would be great. From what YOU guys are saying, a jb1 would fit better. Sounds like she doesn't ride in big yachts so I would recommend a foot rocket.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
You can do it on a FR. It's not going to be as easy as a SJ but you can deff haul ass on a FR. Sounds like you have never rode one so honestly you opinion is worthless..
No offense, you're a badass rider and all and probably a cool dude, but I believe your opinion is biased. I've ridden a footrocket. I'll leave it at that. I like you and nick, but to me, there are better riding hulls out there. Krash industries DOES have phenomenal aesthetics and top notch fit and finish. If you like the ride of a footrocket, go for it Lacey. But don't buy any hull blind.

I wouldn't recommend dumping any money in a Kawi drive lined hull. Harder to find used, and kawi's are just awful. Parts are harder to find, non interchangeable parts .. Blah blah blah.
I'd get with these guys in your area, and go ride what they got.
Superfreaks are the BEST all around hull and do whatever you want.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
No offense, you're a badass rider and all and probably a cool dude, but I believe your opinion is biased. I've ridden a footrocket. I'll leave it at that. I like you and nick, but to me, there are better riding hulls out there. Krash industries DOES have phenomenal aesthetics and top notch fit and finish. If you like the ride of a footrocket, go for it Lacey. But don't buy any hull blind.

Mmmmkay. Let me take no offense to a slam.... Talley up that as the second time you have accused me of being biased when I'm being honest. Maybe if you met me you would know I'm no bullpoopter and I really take offense to people stating my word is not real.
I wouldn't be doing what I do with Krash if I didn't think these hulls are the best out there. I can ride anything and I think people would be happy for me to ride for them. I choose Krash because of the ride of the hulls. Period.

The rocket is not for everyone. For what SHE is saying, I think she would enjoy it.

I'm posting in this thread because Lacey has reached out to me a few times with questions about the hull, where as your posting in here to get your post count up.

ProSouth

Mmmmkay. Let me take no offense to a slam.... Talley up that as the second time you have accused me of being biased when I'm being honest. Maybe if you met me you would know I'm no bullpoopter and I really take offense to people stating my word is not real.
I wouldn't be doing what I do with Krash if I didn't think these hulls are the best out there. I can ride anything and I think people would be happy for me to ride for them. I choose Krash because of the ride of the hulls. Period.

The rocket is not for everyone. For what SHE is saying, I think she would enjoy it.

I'm posting in this thread because Lacey has reached out to me a few times with questions about the hull, where as your posting in here to get your post count up.
I wasn't trying to slam you, really. It's just kind of an observation. I said " I believe your opinion is biased". I didn't say you're just some dealer trying to sell a hull. But I would have gone on the defense myself. I don't know you really, passed you a few times at Daytona, but I wasn't going to walk up to you and scream like a 12 year old at a bieber concert either. So again sorry if you really took offense, honestly I meant it just as it was said. Not trying to cover up me talking smack.

You guys are arguing with Jack Right you know. He is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm, you mean Zack? Threads like this always turn into complete ridiculousness. The OP asked for opinions, good or bad, and they were given. Sounds like she is trying to formulate her own conclusion as to what hull she wants to go with and is looking for honest opinions, not for someone else to try to make the decision for her.

Frosty

New York Crew
The question was asked in the first post for opinions of a FR or an EME... I gave my opinion, as did Zack. Sorry, but my opinion is biased towards what like... my style, preference and experience.

Yes, what I said is my opinion... if you don't want opinion why ask for it, just go buy whatever the fxxx you want to stop bothering people then. I gave my opnion based on the original question. Didn't realize this was going to be a FR bashing thread - thought it was a person asking a question in order to make an informed decision.

if you guys are concerned about the persons ability to ride fast in a straight line to catch up with boats, then perharps he or she or whomever should just stay on an SXR... or buy a couch.

incidentally, I bought my FR having never ridden one. I rode every AM hull except the FR... and the ski I came from before my FR was a superjet. you don't get to be a better rider without pushing yourself and stretching your abilities... if your only intensions are to continue to do what you do, then stay with what you have... don't waste your money.

Good luck finding what you want...

Last edited:

Sanoman

thecolorpurple

I wouldn't recommend dumping any money in a Kawi drive lined hull. Harder to find used, and kawi's are just awful. Parts are harder to find, non interchangeable parts .. Blah blah blah.
I'd get with these guys in your area, and go ride what they got.
Superfreaks are the BEST all around hull and do whatever you want.

You rode my Rocket in the flats for a total of what 5 minutes and can make a opinion based on that,really!?
Granted a Foot Rocket takes more skill than riding a RN SJ or other skis but it is still a great ski and would recommend it.Maybe it takes a little longer on the learning curve but you can still jump,rail and chase boat wakes down.The footholds are probably some of the best out there and allow the rider to really throw the azz end around more than a regular hold.And l was very impressed with the fit and finish.Nick has created an awesome ski.And Zack is a great spokesman for Krash and is willing to help and answer any questions honestly.
And before you say it,yes l sold mine for personal reasons being l didn't like it in the washing machine surf that fla and ga breaks seem to commonly have,but l'm a hell of a lot older than you and the old man here wants a bit easier ride.
l feel the same way Frosty does that this thread has turned into something other than the op had originally requested.

And why the HELL do some of you all just want to turn a thread into this kind of BS,instead of staying on the subject matter.

Rant over

ProSouth

You rode my Rocket in the flats for a total of what 5 minutes and can make a opinion based on that,really!?
Granted a Foot Rocket takes more skill than riding a RN SJ or other skis but it is still a great ski and would recommend it.Maybe it takes a little longer on the learning curve but you can still jump,rail and chase boat wakes down.The footholds are probably some of the best out there and allow the rider to really throw the azz end around more than a regular hold.And l was very impressed with the fit and finish.Nick has created an awesome ski.And Zack is a great spokesman for Krash and is willing to help and answer any questions honestly.
And before you say it,yes l sold mine for personal reasons being l didn't like it in the washing machine surf that fla and ga breaks seem to commonly have,but l'm a hell of a lot older than you and the old man here wants a bit easier ride.
l feel the same way Frosty does that this thread has turned into something other than the op had originally requested.

And why the HELL do some of you all just want to turn a thread into this kind of BS,instead of staying on the subject matter.

Rant over
Damn sano, hold back on me a little there. I didn't really bash on it and say it was a horrible ski. It wasn't for me. As far as the holds, you're right. I've got footrocket holds on my bob.
I won't call anyone out, but there's also a few more people who rode it 5 minutes and said it wasn't for them. I wasn't a part of the zack bright, foot rocket bashing pictures and all that shiot. I gave an opinion like the girl wanted. I don't think a foot rockets for her, I can't make a call on the micro ,But she seems dead set on one of the two. Now, like zack said, the jb1 or predator may be for her. Another couple skis I haven't ridden.

Thank you to those who gave their OPINIONS! That's all I was in search for I now have a much better understanding than I did before of the two skiis, all the other posts were just a waste of time & pointless to the thread. When I posted this thread I wasn't sure if I'd even get a reply or not so I really appreciate everyone who took the time to answer my question. I already knew I was dead set on those skiis just wasn't sure which one was really for ME & my motor that I'm not selling for a licoriceing Yamaha because someone thinks I should. Already have more than enough spare parts. Thanks for the extra concerns

FWIW I had a glass Vision and really enjoyed it, but I wanted something shorter so I picked up a foot rocket. Still in process of building it, but I'm excited to feel the differences. I only weigh 140 just to compare.

This thread is what makes this site so funny. Everyone trys so hard to promote and sell what they ride or think is the ideal set up for someone they have never met. When in all reality most of the hot doggers on this site wouldnt notice a difference between any of the hulls cause they cant land jack poop anyways. But then when someone who actual has skill and pushes the sport and equipment to the next level says anything hes called biased when we all know they could ride any hull they want.
Most of the hulls on the market are complete abortions, so just look at what the pros ride if you want to know what's actually good.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Didn't read all the bs, but I can chime in on the micro. In my opinion it's a very purpose built ski. Backflip. You won't be going fast, carving hard it chasing down boats. Maybe some can, but I love a 550 in any condition and felt the micro almost un rideable

For anyone that has not met Zack or his brother Jake, I have got to say they are first rate guys that push a product they believe in but will also offer up their skis for rides to anyone interested. They don't b.s. and stand with a company that has built skis that many riders really like. I offer up my skis for rides all the time because I think they are awesome, some riders have come back thinking they suck does that make me biased because I love my equipment and hope others might also.
Little less douche baggery could go a long way on here.

OP, hope you get a chance to ride a few different hulls.

Wow, lots of garbage here.
I went from an Octane to a Foot Rocket. I can say the learning curve going from one of the bigger hulls to one of the smallest was very small. Yes, the Foot Rocket takes learning, but is suprisingly stable. For reference, I attempted to ride a brawler in the surf before I bought the Foot Rocket. I went out in the surf, couldn't get the nose down enough to stand up on it, so turned around and came right back in. Foot Rocket is not like that. Yes it's hard to hold on in chop (and yes, I've ridden in and around Annapolis) if you're trying to do 30 mph, but what isn't? I still think my Foot Rocket is easier to ride and more stable than a super jet without tubbies. Plus quality is great and you can do whatever you want with the foot holds. The design also allows you to run pretty much any engine you want (I adapted it for a Polaris) and it'll accomodate Polaris, yamaha, or kawi drivelines. Having seen the Micro in the surf at Wave Daze with different people on it who are used to riding it, they go out, find a wave, flip, and come back in. Can't say I've seen a micro slash a wave or do anything close to 30 mph in surf/chop.
Opinions are like asses though, everyone's got one...
If you are concerned about stability and high speed in the chop, consider the Predator. Besides being cool, it's nimble like the Foot Rocket, and stable like a ski much larger than it.
If you can wait, come on down to Wave Daze and try some more skis out. My Foot Rocket will be there and a Micro is usually there too.
Oh, and I slap a short ride plate on my ski in literally 1-2 minutes and am flat water flipping... Very capable dual purpose hull!

i think the perfect hull for what your describing would be a pre 1987 js550. That elephant trunk exhaust will really let you fly through the chop and the rest of the incredible hull will basically backflip by iteself. Its a win win really.

Top Bottom