Looking for opinions/reviews of the eme micro & the krash industries foot rocket!!!!!

No not you buddy. The guy that claims she will never amount to nothing in flat water. She could find her calling in freestyle.

if you guys are concerned about the persons ability to ride fast in a straight line to catch up with boats, then perharps he or she or whomever should just stay on an SXR... or buy a couch.
I used to ride in Maryland with some of these guys, the Bay is different riding. You usually find a 45+ Viking or Hatteras and chase it for about a mile as it comes or goes from the marinas (we literally wouldn't move for any boat under about 35ft). They put up a consistent 4-5ft wake right behind the boat, more if the guy decides to be cool and drag some ass for you, you cross the wake then pin it full throttle to keep up with the boat while waiting your turn to cross the wake again and on busy and windy days the bay can get quite choppy. It's a ton of fun and you stay out for hours. It's not really flat water riding and its nor really surf something all its own that needs a special ski(but these guys usually do about 5-10 days a year at the beach too)

Even for smaller boat chasing I'd want something stable, light and not too twitchy or nose high. I had a 04 SXR that I paid $2500 for, and wanted a lighter and shorter ski that I could throw around a bit better (I'm 5'5" and 150lbs... rider size is one thing that people don't take into account enough). I ended up with a ROK because at the time it was one of the few SXR based skis. It had alot of teething pains after the build to get it to run right (took me almost 6mo and I'm still sorting things out and tuning). Even though I never rode that ski in MD, I can say it would be great for that kind of riding... literally is a shorter, wider SXR. The other thing to consider is getting something that can fit a 4+ gallon tank, a 2gal go kart tank just won't do.

That said, would I do it again? Probably would buy a prebuilt AM ski with a Yami drivetrain, much less of a pain in the ass (random things don't work... like I had to dent the poop out of my wetpipe to clear the hull and gas tank) and cheaper in the long run. I'd also pick a different vendor to buy from.

That and take everyone's advice and ride a few hulls a few times (after you think you've decided ride again). Don't know if anyone has a FR yet there, but they are worth a try as are things like the Trinity Evo, JB1, FP1, FR2. If the longer Trendsetters hull comes out soon that might be cool too.

There are quite a few AM hulls in the area, post up on the Delmarva Freeride facebook page and I'm sure the'll let you try.

I used to ride in Maryland with some of these guys, the Bay is different riding. You usually find a 45+ Viking or Hatteras and chase it for about a mile as it comes or goes from the marinas (we literally wouldn't move for any boat under about 35ft). They put up a consistent 4-5ft wake right behind the boat, more if the guy decides to be cool and drag some ass for you, you cross the wake then pin it full throttle to keep up with the boat while waiting your turn to cross the wake again and on busy and windy days the bay can get quite choppy. It's a ton of fun and you stay out for hours. It's not really flat water riding and its nor really surf something all its own that needs a special ski(but these guys usually do about 5-10 days a year at the beach too)

Even for smaller boat chasing I'd want something stable, light and not too twitchy or nose high. I had a 04 SXR that I paid $2500 for, and wanted a lighter and shorter ski that I could throw around a bit better (I'm 5'5" and 150lbs... rider size is one thing that people don't take into account enough). I ended up with a ROK because at the time it was one of the few SXR based skis. It had alot of teething pains after the build to get it to run right (took me almost 6mo and I'm still sorting things out and tuning). Even though I never rode that ski in MD, I can say it would be great for that kind of riding... literally is a shorter, wider SXR. The other thing to consider is getting something that can fit a 4+ gallon tank, a 2gal go kart tank just won't do.

That said, would I do it again? Probably would buy a prebuilt AM ski with a Yami drivetrain, much less of a pain in the ass (random things don't work... like I had to dent the poop out of my wetpipe to clear the hull and gas tank) and cheaper in the long run. I'd also pick a different vendor to buy from.

That and take everyone's advice and ride a few hulls a few times (after you think you've decided ride again). Don't know if anyone has a FR yet there, but they are worth a try as are things like the Trinity Evo, JB1, FP1, FR2. If the longer Trendsetters hull comes out soon that might be cool too.

There are quite a few AM hulls in the area, post up on the Delmarva Freeride facebook page and I'm sure the'll let you try.
Great advice thank you!!!
I'm not big on riding other peoples skis but I might give it a try.

If you have the option to ride other peoples skis and try different AM hulls you should definitely do it! That way you'll know you like what you're buying, it would suck to get something you don't like.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Saw him Friday and on sunday!!!!!! did he take the front seat completely out?

He takes the passenger side seat out and loads his Rickter and beach cart in the Prius.l like the fact that he is making a smaller carbon footprint with the battery ride. lol

Turbo,the FR also fits in a Subie outback wagon as well as my SF!

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I almost hate to reply to this thread due to being subscribed to some of the stupidity but I have ridden all the Krash hulls and have ridden 2 different Footrockets with totally different setups. Have not ridden a micro but it's obviously a purpose built hull. Flatwater setup not meant for boat chasing, surf, etc. The Footrocket is a short hull but more capable of all riding conditions than it's probably credited for. First time I rode a Footrocket I liked how nimble it was and how it carved but the footholds were in my way since I ride surf stance. I related it to a short FX1 the way it is a little tippy and has a learning curve to it. It's also pretty quick to plane out while riding normal but the short length is noticed when your weight falls back at low speed and it's a little harder to get the nose down while recovering(like any other hull really just a little shorter feeling than some other multi purpose hulls). I'm not a foothold guy so the footholds were in my way and made it hard for a comfortable stance. Second Footrocket I rode had no footholds but it had a recessed front foothold and a rear footstrap which is my preference. I had just gotten off the Predator and JB1 so I was already a little warmed up on the other Krash hulls. This time was a little more enjoyable for me for that reason and for the tray setup. I don't know how either tail plate was setup lengthwise but having an adjustable tail plate is a killer idea which is one of the reasons I chose to sell my Superfreak for an Aquabot. The Footrocket is definitely a fun ski if you want something that's nimble, carvs, rides surf, and is fairly stable. I would personally prefer the Predator or JB1 for surf due to the stability and natural feeling of the hull without any effort or learning curve... Just get on and rip. The Footrocket is probably better suited as multipurpose due to the ability to be such a short ski but when ridden in the surf it requires a lot more input and will really work you and tire you out compared to the other 2 Krash hulls. I'm kinda curious what the lengths were that I rode. At the end of the day the Footrocket is not a hull that I would personally buy but it's not a hull I wouldn't recommend to others

Last edited:

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
im pretty sure eme will build you a rtr ski. I believe they still have an "order form" on their website. along with thrust innovations building the titan hulls. dont quote me on this, but i think blake has built a couple rtr superfreaks for some of Tems customers, but that could be 110% wrong. Some others would have to chime in for other brands as i cannot speak for them.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
i couldnt answer that, but blowsion may be able to help you get on a RTR footrocket. call ZB or the new east coast krash dealer depending on where youre located.

Top Bottom