Loud Exhausts @ Daytona Freeride

If your ski is tuned and has all the proper devices in place to restrict noise beach patrol will let you ride. I just want to put it out there that modified boxes and skis w/ no boxes will not be tolerated. You buy your own permit to ride and it's your responsibility to have all the required safety and running equipment, as well as valid registration, numbers on your skis. Believe it or not people drive many hours and show up w/o even a valid registration. I just want to remind people of these obvious things that need to be done.. there will be 300+ skis and the noise can get a little blinding...

Yamanube, Your ski will be fine w/ rear exhaust and that pipe. Just do the best you can to make sure your ski is quiet as possible and if your ski is loud, don't sit there and rev it up 100 times, keep your exhaust pointed toward the water when starting the ski out of the water... stuff like that will keep noise down.

This isn't something that should be a deal killer for anyone, just some common sense applied and we will all be fine...

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
If your ski is tuned and has all the proper devices in place to restrict noise beach patrol will let you ride. I just want to put it out there that modified boxes and skis w/ no boxes will not be tolerated. You buy your own permit to ride and it's your responsibility to have all the required safety and running equipment, as well as valid registration, numbers on your skis. Believe it or not people drive many hours and show up w/o even a valid registration. I just want to remind people of these obvious things that need to be done.. there will be 300+ skis and the noise can get a little blinding...

Yamanube, Your ski will be fine w/ rear exhaust and that pipe. Just do the best you can to make sure your ski is quiet as possible and if your ski is loud, don't sit there and rev it up 100 times, keep your exhaust pointed toward the water when starting the ski out of the water... stuff like that will keep noise down.

This isn't something that should be a deal killer for anyone, just some common sense applied and we will all be fine...
Thank you for the clarification, looking forward to the ride.

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
I bought a TDR waterbox for my ski I hear they sound & perform good not to loud but louder than stock IDK do you like it ?

yes I do. I bought my ski with it in it allready. At first I was going to remove it and put the stock box back in. But it grew on me and I do like it. Its a lil louder then stock, but when your out in the water 100 feet or so, its no big deal from the shore.
I do have a Type 4 dry pipe also, if that makes any difference on the noise level.

I was there with it last year and no one said anything.

Last edited:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
between the TDR and the Type 4 - your sht's louder than you think. I would bring a stock w/b (leave in the truck) just to be safe.

I don't think you realize it while you are riding it...but pre-Ike, I could hear your ski all the way at the house. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I was going to say.....it never sounds "that bad" when you're the one riding it.
The real test is to have a buddy ride it and you sit on the beach and listen.
Better yet, try to carry on a conversation.

That's what got me to get rid of my XMW box.

demolition_x

Not After Fame & Fortune
I was going to say.....it never sounds "that bad" when you're the one riding it.
The real test is to have a buddy ride it and you sit on the beach and listen.
Better yet, try to carry on a conversation.

That's what got me to get rid of my XMW box.

thats the truth. I loved the way the XMWB sounded while i was riding it especially going through no wake zones just idling in the water it sounded awesome. But after letting friends ride it while i was sitting on their ski and having boats come up to us asking if my ski was broken it made me swap it out. live and learn loud exhausts don't save lives on the water

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
One suggestion to those with loud exhausts,when all else failed to quieten down my X2 I drilled and tapped the pump for another cooling line,then I ran that cooling line into the exhaust exit at about a 45 degree angle and cut the end of the tube at a 45 degree angle also,then I installed a Jetworks valve in the line,it made the ski reasonably quiet and had no effect on the performance of the ski.

Yea I did that to a 760 with a TDR and a B. It worked great. A little loud at idle and then over 3500 r's it sounded like a CBR600.

it's kinda funny.... since I am getting a permit for this ride now, errr the exhaust thing is not a factor anymore for this particular ride, but it's still a overall problem if you ride the zone before or after the event.

:pancake:

Make sure they see/check the extinguisher 1st. As they check the rest, pass the extinguisher to the next rider.
We got thru about 8 ski's with only one!

Just remember the main point that slutty is saying is some people dont like our noise or ways. Keeping ourselves within some guidelines/ laws and they just can't do much about it..
I would not be surprised if the inspections even become more strict.. like not sharing fire extinguishers. Last year seemed worse then the year befor... be prepaired for all stricter inforcing this year too..:noevil:

Top Bottom