LSP S1 READY TO RUN

Only the width of the bottom. The length is easy to judge from pictures assuming it has a Superjet driveshaft.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
This makes my corporate business brain go mental. In terms of sales and this forum is a sales medium for you…saying something like “which dimensions would you like me to get” instead of posting all the dimensions makes me think you don’t know the product you’re selling or do not have the prepared material to sell.

When someone selling implies they need to circle back with information after a qualified question from a prospective buyer isn’t answered…it’s a problem. I am a new prospect and I’m getting negative feedback from other consumers on the same medium that you’re selling me on.

This is frustrating and not how you sell. In all honesty do you need to look at the manufacturer’s (probably Asian) cut sheet to answer @kevbo question? It’s completely common to out source and that’s totally okay. Something that’s common in outsourcing manufacturing is the manufacturer’s usually stop working for you and start selling you. They will find a way to push you out of the production process unless you physically own the factory. Even then they might just fund their own factory operation and cut you out. You’ll quickly go from being in control of the product being produced to being subject to dogpoop cut sheets of half assed products and that’s all you’ll get. You still need something to sell. You should have this info on hand right now.

The price points great, it’s a new boat, it all looks awesome. I truly am scratching my head with the poor sales approach. If you want to DM me I’ll give you 1 hour of my time to discuss. I won’t help you solve world hunger but you’ll at least get some quality sales advice. I’m not a consultant and I won’t offer you any more time after. I’m genuinely just frustrated and angry with this. Good luck, you have a good looking product.

Edit: I’m trying so hard to give you the benefit of the doubt because I like the product but simple things like the verbiage on this response concern me. If anything I won’t buy because I’d just assume if I had issues with my s1 that I would get the same half assed broken response. Honestly how many units can you ship and what’s the wholesale? Someone could probably buy the whole lot and rebrand it something funny like “Firsr” at 13.5k at this point. I’d be bullpoop with you if I was an investor.
I think you're taking this too personal man. Thrust and Lee have been around for quite some time and they have lots of experience on this stuff.
For now, give them the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes before telling them how to run their business. He didn't need to share anything on the x, the x is pretty much dead these days so it's refreshing to see some vendors pay any attention to us out here as most vendors have given up here, particularly because people lash out like you are instead of having an open mind to what they're bringing to the sport. It's okay to ask questions and have some doubts, but let it all unfold before judging.
Looking forward to testing one of these at WF if they're available!! Seeing a video of it doing a submarine was epic! Looks like it'll be fun!

Show me on the doll where he touched you…. Jesus man, just let them release this thing. Ask questions and be thankful if you get an answer.
We will know more after world finals and over the winter. If you have more questions give Lee a call.

It’s just a huge benefit of doubt when the other vendors on this medium are presenting much better. This is a 5 figure purchase. I’m being open minded, this is their attempt to sell me a ski and I’m giving them a benefit of the doubt when people are telling me they’ve been waiting for a decade for simple information like measurements

Maybe this sport is having a tough time because the people trying to sell it behave like children funding their personal hobby.

I’m sorry but I’m not going to trust someone with 12.5k who can’t type. The original post says “we” and that tells me if I purchase I’ll be dealing with @Bunny hop man ... I post from an iPhone and still manage better. Like I said, it’s a great looking product but the sales team sucks and it’s genuinely a pathetic display of business.

You want this sport to grow? Then grow up and act professional. This is the same forum that will tell you buy a 2stroke RN Superjet to start, it’s the baseline (they don’t make that anymore.) Eventually you’ll need a new baseline and if this is what you’re willing to settle for then don’t cry about the sport dying. It’s dying because consumers are dropping standards from something like the Superjet to the S1 which is sold by people who can’t use their words properly. I couldn’t imagine putting these in a show room now, if I had a qualified buyer on the hook they’d google this ski and read this bullpoop.

You don’t need to be Yamaha, just behave professionally….

I genuinely believe you mean what you said about the benefit of the doubt and I only think you feel that way because this industry has a colorful history of rises and falls which you had the unfortunate experience of observing. Id think this is wicked poop as well if I saw all the other people try and fail. This looks like a drop shipping operation with no inventory on hand. I highly doubt someone is funding this production run, you’d get a better ROI on NFTs lol.

I’m more interested to find out if @Bunny hop man is an employee or investor / owner. I can’t imagine someone putting up their own cash and being so careless. That really harks back on my point of people behaving like children.

I asked what measurements he would like me to get, he could have been looking for many different categories , the original inquiry wasn’t even for this Jetski he was saying in general he asked another company for measurements and never got it not from this one. We’ve been answering hundreds of messages but i would encourage anyone with specific questions to call as i said in the other response.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
It’s just a huge benefit of doubt when the other vendors on this medium are presenting much better. This is a 5 figure purchase. I’m being open minded, this is their attempt to sell me a ski and I’m giving them a benefit of the doubt when people are telling me they’ve been waiting for a decade for simple information like measurements

Maybe this sport is having a tough time because the people trying to sell it behave like children funding their personal hobby.

I’m sorry but I’m not going to trust someone with 12.5k who can’t type. The original post says “we” and that tells me if I purchase I’ll be dealing with @Bunny hop man ... I post from an iPhone and still manage better. Like I said, it’s a great looking product but the sales team sucks and it’s genuinely a pathetic display of business.

You want this sport to grow? Then grow up and act professional. This is the same forum that will tell you buy a 2stroke RN Superjet to start, it’s the baseline (they don’t make that anymore.) Eventually you’ll need a new baseline and if this is what you’re willing to settle for then don’t cry about the sport dying. It’s dying because consumers are dropping standards from something like the Superjet to the S1 which is sold by people who can’t use their words properly. I couldn’t imagine putting these in a show room now, if I had a qualified buyer on the hook they’d google this ski and read this bullpoop.

You don’t need to be Yamaha, just behave professionally….

I genuinely believe you mean what you said about the benefit of the doubt and I only think you feel that way because this industry has a colorful history of rises and falls which you had the unfortunate experience of observing. Id think this is wicked poop as well if I saw all the other people try and fail. This looks like a drop shipping operation with no inventory on hand. I highly doubt someone is funding this production run, you’d get a better ROI on NFTs lol.

I’m more interested to find out if @Bunny hop man is an employee or investor / owner. I can’t imagine someone putting up their own cash and being so careless. That really harks back on my point of people behaving like children.
Does any of this matter, obviously to you it does , to the rest of , no not really , most of the guys on here picking this thing apart piece by piece and it looks like that includes you by your statements here are not going to buy one anyway , I commend him for even coming on here answering questions like this , most people in his situation either don't or won't take the time to do so and now you see why .

It's like I have always said in this business , you are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't , it shouldn't be this way.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
This makes my corporate business brain go mental. In terms of sales and this forum is a sales medium for you…saying something like “which dimensions would you like me to get” instead of posting all the dimensions makes me think you don’t know the product you’re selling or do not have the prepared material to sell.

When someone selling implies they need to circle back with information after a qualified question from a prospective buyer isn’t answered…it’s a problem. I am a new prospect and I’m getting negative feedback from other consumers on the same medium that you’re selling me on.

This is frustrating and not how you sell. In all honesty do you need to look at the manufacturer’s (probably Asian) cut sheet to answer @kevbo question? It’s completely common to out source and that’s totally okay. Something that’s common in outsourcing manufacturing is the manufacturer’s usually stop working for you and start selling you. They will find a way to push you out of the production process unless you physically own the factory. Even then they might just fund their own factory operation and cut you out. You’ll quickly go from being in control of the product being produced to being subject to dogpoop cut sheets of half assed products and that’s all you’ll get. You still need something to sell. You should have this info on hand right now.

The price points great, it’s a new boat, it all looks awesome. I truly am scratching my head with the poor sales approach. If you want to DM me I’ll give you 1 hour of my time to discuss. I won’t help you solve world hunger but you’ll at least get some quality sales advice. I’m not a consultant and I won’t offer you any more time after. I’m genuinely just frustrated and angry with this. Good luck, you have a good looking product.

Edit: I’m trying so hard to give you the benefit of the doubt because I like the product but simple things like the verbiage on this response concern me. If anything I won’t buy because I’d just assume if I had issues with my s1 that I would get the same half assed broken response. Honestly how many units can you ship and what’s the wholesale? Someone could probably buy the whole lot and rebrand it something funny like “Firsr” at 13.5k at this point. I’d be bullpoop with you if I was an investor.
Needing to know dimensions is honestly an irrelevant number. What knowing the width going to matter? Or Length........ You judge a hull by riding it. does it fit your riding style. Knowing that it is 29.5" at the front and 25.5" at the stern and 78" Long really does not mean much...... It is how it rides...... Only time length has really come into play was when people started chopping SJ's up and making them shorter...................

holygoat

Site Supporter
People here aren't going to be sold on sales techniques imo. Most people here are looking at the spec sheet, looking at what it can do in the hands of a capable rider, running the numbers briefly in their head and seeing it's a good deal. Most here have been on this circuit long enough that they know what it costs to build a ski like this from scratch and are very interested without salesman techniques.

I don't think BHM has been rude, just direct. Which is fine. Get to the point and get the info people are asking. And who cares about a few spelling mistakes. It's a jet ski forum, everybody here has banged their head on the bars enough that nobody has a full complement of brain cells.

Jcary85

Site Supporter
Really nice package here. Love the long term vision of getting more people in the sport and giving them a platform where they can upgrade single components without having to swap every part. This sport will only survive if companies/people take the risk and offer correctly priced products like this even if it means you don’t make as much money in the short term.

Needing to know dimensions is honestly an irrelevant number. What knowing the width going to matter? Or Length........ You judge a hull by riding it. does it fit your riding style. Knowing that it is 29.5" at the front and 25.5" at the stern and 78" Long really does not mean much...... It is how it rides...... Only time length has really come into play was when people started chopping SJ's up and making them shorter...................
The way a hull planes is directly related to its area, weight, and center of gravity. It’s width is closely related to how easily it can be pulled over on edge. For me, riding a hull can only reveal how much grip it has in a flat turn and how much spray in the face it makes.

TECH SPECS​

• Visual Carbon Epoxy-Infused Hybrid Hull
I as a consumer feel mislead here. If @wiikstromm didnt ask then I would have purchased under the impression it’s a carbon hull.

I’m questioning throwing my money at you now

Edit: I’m not trying to be a cu*t or bring your product down, I’m simply reacting as a consumer and my wife isn’t as easily sold. The verbiage on the hull material has actually made me reconsider because I thought it was a carbon hull for 12.5k. That could be on me for misunderstanding but that being the case, the sales division needs work because I shouldn’t feel this way if I am wrong. I’m not out on the boat, now I’m simply skeptical. For your market research purposes, I am a brand new consumer who got into the sport last year. I have not had the opportunity to buy new. You could very well corner the market on this like Krash tried. As a consumer who has done enough research, the price point is perfect. I feel like I could by 3 s1’s and get double the value instead of buying 2 Krash skis who use proprietary systems. Maybe a slight adjustment on the sales page avoids all of this.
Actually we had a ground chat about this the other day of you read closely everything says Yamaha or 760 BASED this makes me and others believe that sbt is making there owned parts like cases cylinders etc because my question was were would they get all these parts from Yamaha at a reasonable price my understanding in there marketing everything is Yamaha style but not manufactured by Yamaha I believe that's fine and understandable ! But if that is the case just list the pets that we are actually paying for ! I do believe they have a great idea and if I was in the market for a decent adorable flat water ski I think I would possibly go this way ! I sure hope it takes off for them we need more affordable options thank you

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

WFO Speedracer

I will go along with the motor parts being cast and or manufactured by SBT , my question and I believe this is a legitimate one is where are the electrical parts coming from ?

I will go along with the motor parts being cast and or manufactured by SBT , my question and I believe this is a legitimate one is where are the electrical parts coming from ?
Maybe they will add some beef to the cylinder so we don't have to use a girdle. Not that its completely necessary with OEM cylinders.

WFO Speedracer

Knowing what I know after a few years of using SBT starters and other electrical parts and having them quickly fail I had to go in a different direction .

As most here know you can have the best engine on the planet but if it won't start and run consistently what good is it , I think a lot of people learned this the hard way on the Krash ski .

SBT starters especially are known for being of poor quality and jet ski engines don't come with pull starters..

Engines don't run off of gasoline, they run off of electricity , you can argue that point if you like , I will be right here.

Last edited:
Knowing what I know after a few years of using SBT starters and other electrical parts and having them quickly fail I had to go in a different direction .

As most here know you can have the best engine on the planet but if it won't start and run consistently what good is it , I think a lot of people learned this the hard way on the Krash ski .

SBT starters especially are known for being of poor quality and jet ski engines don't come with pull starters..

Engines don't run off of gasoline, they run off of electricity , you can argue that point if you like , I will be right here.
Completly agree, sbt was notified of all issues we found, and have been working with them for past year and a half on replacing those faulty parts with higher quality.

WFO Speedracer

Completly agree, sbt was notified of all issues we found, and have been working with them for past year and a half on replacing those faulty parts with higher quality.
That is very good to hear , it could be a benefit to everyone if they get the quality up to snuff.

HarryConnolly

Site Supporter
People here aren't going to be sold on sales techniques imo. Most people here are looking at the spec sheet, looking at what it can do in the hands of a capable rider, running the numbers briefly in their head and seeing it's a good deal. Most here have been on this circuit long enough that they know what it costs to build a ski like this from scratch and are very interested without salesman techniques.

I don't think BHM has been rude, just direct. Which is fine. Get to the point and get the info people are asking. And who cares about a few spelling mistakes. It's a jet ski forum, everybody here has banged their head on the bars enough that nobody has a full complement of brain cells.
I was completely out of line and pissed off in my overly aggressive assessment. I addressed this situation as if I was an investor. That’s what I do for a living. Personally, I was very bothered and completely sent my internal thoughts out for the entire forum to read. I genuinely wanted to purchase / buy this product after I initially saw the marketing and probably still will if they want to sell me one now. I genuinely stand behind my words, I think it’s a good looking product and the price is right. I’m a fickle consumer and new to this industry, that was my reaction.

I hope they succeed, i genuinely want to issue a public apology and own my words.

This is a jetski forum

I’m here for jetskis

How I addressed and lashed out at @Bunny hop man was unacceptable and unprofessional. If I ever meet you in person I will apologize.

Good luck with the business!

Edit: I will not delete my c*nt comments because I am taking accountability for them and I do not want to create confusion. I also do not want to hurt @Bunny hop man or his business. If he would like me to remove my comments I will. I do not want to be disingenuous in this exchange.

Last edited:
Top Bottom