Custom/Hybrid Matt_E's Superfreak Build

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
Well after I got to Union Memorial hospital in Baltimore, a quick 15 minute copter ride from the Eastern shore of Md, I finally could get some pain medication, I had to stay conscious and alert to tell doctors about any allergies etc... After that for the next 3 weeks I was in and out of a morphine coma and several surgeries. All went rather well. After a few years of really limited mobility, I underwent another series of surgeries including being one of the first people in the country to undergo bone lengthening/straightening surgery to try and get my right arm back sort of to the same length it once was. The toothpicks of bone al healed back as one large mass of bone so I can no longer rotate my arm or wrist , my right arm is still about an inch and a half shorter than my left arm. But all in all, It could always be worse. Any one interest should check out the special. It's about an hour long. It's called "Remington under fire" I guarantee you can find it on YouTube.

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
Remington has known about the problem for over 40 years, many many people have died accidentally from their flawed design, that the original gun designer had attempted to get the manufacturer to change certain aspects of production after some problems were noted. They could have fixed this flawed design for about a quarter per gun, but they swept it all under the rug and still don't claim that there is a problem with the gun. They will make no effort to compensate people injured unless you die, then the money goes to the next of kin. There is some litigation pending in a class action suit but I don't qualify because it happened after the statute of limitations has run out.

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
That all happened a long time ago, 1989. Overcoming adversity has made me who I am. Sorry to thread jack Matt! But even though we are all getting a little older, I still feel pretty invincible all things considered. But life changing things can sometimes happen pretty fast. Appreciate what you have no matter how bad your situation may seem at the time. My few words of wisdom.

D-Roc

I forgot!
That is intense story. A guy I worked with was handling a jammed hand gun that fired out the discharge and the bullet entered his guts and bounced oh each hip bone before exiting his ass. I am not a fan of guns at all and like every one of you Yankees have like 10.

My bro I law broke his neck when we whet in Dominican two months ago. He is 3 mm shorter. He popped Advil and drank beer for two days before we came home and he went to the doctor. We where all shocked at what the doctor said. Most people are paralyzed from the injury and older people die from it. He hand some nerve damage that caused numbness in his arm but that is better. I guess we all take good health for granted.

How bad did your cousin feel for shooting you?

Wow dude that is insane, i could not imaging going thru all that. Your a tropper and still ride standups which is awesome.

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
Never listen to doctors words as gospel either. I play ice hockey at some of the highest levels in addition to riding standups.
your body is capable of adapting to more than you think; despite what some may tell you are capable or incapable of doing.

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
That one you will have to ask my cousin about :) at the time we didn't know that that gun was prone to go off by itself, not that that should matter. Loaded guns should never ever be pointed at something you don't want to kill.

Last edited:

RedTurboMr2

09 SuperJet
Like others have said, your life can change in the matter of seconds. In 2006, i was hit by a full size truck and trailer "transport" on a highway with my street bike "zx6r". My left leg was so broken and messed up that i needed four surgeries to somewhat fix it. My leg blew up 4x it's size, so i needed a skin graph to cover the compound fractures. The surgeon said that putting my leg back together was like putting a puzzle together with missing pieces. For a year and a half, I had my whole leg in a cast that was cut in two so that my nurse could empty the blood out and check up on the graph. I had to re-learn how to walk " that might sound funny, i used to laugh when i hear that, i even laughed at my nurse when she told me that, but it's 100% true, even though you know mentally how to walk, your muscles have to re-learn. Even with a lot of physio, my leg will never be the same. I have zero feeling in my leg, so i'm constantly looking at it, making sure that i didn't hit my leg on anything. The flexibility in my left leg and ankle is somewhat gone. But thank god I can still do things, like ride my jetski :) Like others said, the lil injuries hurt way more, i guess i was lucky that i lost all the feeling in my leg, so i didn't need any pain medication. But also, the human body is pretty smart, and goes into shock during sever accidents, so you don't feel most of the pain. I had no idea that my leg was messed up until they picked me up to lay me on the stretcher. Going into shock felt like i was paralyzed from the neck down, my hands were also closing up.

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
the first is the underside of my right arm. skin grafts came from the top of my legs. They re-bult my hand control muscles out of a quadracep muscle. They cut a vein out of my ankle to replace my severed brachial artery. the second pic is as good a pic as I could get of the bullet entry wound. I couldnt take a pic of the exit wound cause it was pretty much my entire forearm. most of the bullet is still shrapnelized inside my arm. It was a hollow point style bullet, meaning that it pretty much explodes inside flesh. If I can find an x-ray that I should have laying around ill take a pic, It will blow your mind.

Top Bottom