Other Modifications you regret.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
ATP freestyle nozzle. Destroyed my SN steering cable.
No better than quick steer modded OEM. IMHO, YMMV.

Letting my girl ride my SXR.

I had to buy another one, (making 13), and mod it to be faster than her's (my old one).

Never again. Some chick want's to ride somethin'.... well, you know.

edit: Good thing she doesn't like the superjets... No, wait! poop, if she did, I'd get my aftermarket hull.

Took my cylinders to a local guy for a hone. He looked at them and suggested to clean up the ports due to the stock casting. Me being new and dumb said ok. He gave me back my cylinder "with a $500 custom port job for the cost of a clean up." Ski has never ran the same since.

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
$2000 used motor/ignition drop in solution to "solve my SN reliability issues once and for all."

Found hidden damage, one thing lead to another, got frustrated and never did get it installed. Been riding Kawis all year :0)

CRJ

Hibernating
There is probably a thread on here somewhere like this, but oh well. Please list any modifications you've done in the past that you regret doing. I'll start the bidding with:

A/M Flame Arrestors
Internal Fuel Fill

Next?

polishing my coffman pipe and not coating it
stubby pump cone

CRJ

Hibernating
I swapped out my CDI at the begining of the season. I had a friend send me a 61x (bought the ski with a 650), so i pulled the box apart and swapped in the 61x. Looked at the old CDI before i tossed it in the parts bin. 6. 1. X.

:oops:
does that count as a mod?

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
^ is TL worth the upgrade or will I be back here on this thread if I switch from zero fw and msd enhancer??

Worth every bit once you get a schedule down on periodic maintenance, like going from stock to bpipe all over again, that is once I got it tuned to my motor and riding style

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom