Other Modifications you regret.

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
Worth every bit once you get a schedule down on periodic maintenance, like going from stock to bpipe all over again, that is once I got it tuned to my motor and riding style

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well I don't know how a bpipe feels but sure it makes a difference over stock. Looks like I will go to TL or just a bigger motor over winter if most opinions is positive about TL

mike b

If this was a best modifications thread. TL would be at the top of my list. It's like night and day.

Good to hear. that's the one main thing I have that isn't up with everything else. TPE, FS49s, PFP, skat 148...then charging system lol

You mean I have to change the oil??? I've only been doing the transfer case. Oh, you mean the stator oil, right? I just keep adding it whenever it burns off.

Come to think of it, you guys are way ahead of the curve. I'm gonna run straight gas at high rpm from now on, it'll save me the trouble of drilling multiple holes in multiple locations in my cases. THANKS!!!

R&D reed stuffers in the 62t cases. Restricted so much fuel delivery the manifold gasket was soaked around the cages to the point of holding fuel in its liquid state.
You must have some other carb issue going on like needle and seat. Many of us in the Tampa Bay area, have been running these same stuffers and they work great. You know that aftermarket reeds have built-in stuffer design. I know waxhead and others don't like them but we have used them for many years with 760 oem fiberglass reeds. The throttle response with them is excellent from increased air velocity/ carb signal.

Last edited:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I learned a lot from my mistakes so i have very few regrets.but some mistakes i have learned from...

I wouldnt buy another cheap ski because of price or psrts while sacrificing condition.

I would immediately do a leak down test if i cant get a ski tuned after adding a pipe.

I will immediately stop riding a ski that looses rpm after going from 7/8 to wot.

I will never trade a sitdown on a standup while im not fully recovered from an injury.

I will never bhy another ski with front exhaust with out an immediate and definate plan to get rid of it.

Ill also be much more careful about pushing my limits, as i believe continuing to practice after reaching my fatigue point caused my back injury.

mike b

Unless ur buddies use fuel additives that make it smell nice... Mary Jane ,vanilla , etc...lotsa smell options
Do any of those even work? Lol. That would be pretty cool. That's why I run expensive oil because I want that pretty smell but not getting it from my r50

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Do any of those even work? Lol. That would be pretty cool. That's why I run expensive oil because I want that pretty smell but not getting it from my r50
For sure, been running cherry in my ski this year, it smells awesome. However in the end, it's cheaper to buy Klotz than cheaper oil and fuel fragrance.

mike b

For sure, been running cherry in my ski this year, it smells awesome. However in the end, it's cheaper to buy Klotz than cheaper oil and fuel fragrance.
No I want to add it in the r50 lol. I was expecting more smell. People with sit down and running maxima I can smell. Sadly can't smell the klutz :/ well I know what I will run with new motor

Top Bottom