More Japan x2 vids

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
It has the hooks in the front that everyone fill in when they do the nose fill mod. I am guessing it is a stock hull based on that...

All of the aftermarket Japanese X2 hulls I have seen had them filled.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
crazy vids!!

what ever happened to the 24-7 old school x-2 molds??

Now that dasa makes a billet am cylinder for the kawi, it's time to bring the "big powa" to the US.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I don't know if I would want to make anything from those molds...

I looked again at the engine video. All I can see is a hull brace. Those were made to fit a stock hull so maybe it is a stock hull.

I only knew of two Japanese hull makers. Maekewa Engineering made them and then quit. Then that Zero Factory company was making and selling them. I am sure there might have been some more people but those were the only ones i knew of. Hot Products Japan has them still listed in their catalogue.

DBR

The cable setup is why i was thinking its not a stock hull. Looks like this one. Dont know why you would run it like that on a stock hull.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 59

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
yeah you are right, I didn't notice the steering cable at first look. And it must be liek the pic you posted because the steering arm is on the left side. I know with my squirell cage X2's the arm is on the right side. I forget where the 89 direct steer model I had was. I think we should message on his videos and aks him to come here and explain. lol

Winter X2

Winter X2
That is some great vid, I love the old x-2 . I have some great ideas to bump it up a notch, of a design based around the old style. We'll see how the next six months go and I may pull the trigger. Vid like that gets me pumped.:thinkerg:

Don't tease us. I'll send my deposit today. I would love and old style lightweight X2 hull. Let me know when you pull the trigger... I'm in.

The trick on that steering cable, would be to run a yamaha cable of some flavor. My guess is the SJ cable is way too long, but you might be able to get a b1, or 2 cable to fit closer, length wise. All the stock Kawi's arms are on the right, this one is on the left to reverse the operation. Problem is you have to get length of the steering arm, and the throw of it, to match the throw of the yamaha cable vs the stock X2 cable. Might be easy, could be a raging bitch. Definitely the way to go though when your talking big power.

if any one in the states makes a lite weight hull that will allow for some Yamaha brap to be dropped in they would sell like hot cakes. iam no builder but all mark did was make a mold of the old x2 change the front hull/chines design cut the back and mold something for the motor mounts. x2fanatic x2 760 was so hot that i sank it so his ski was not hotter than mine,lol jk:chairshot: will the Trinity hull take Yamaha brap or no

if any one in the states makes a lite weight hull that will allow for some Yamaha brap to be dropped in they would sell like hot cakes. iam no builder but all mark did was make a mold of the old x2 change the front hull/chines design cut the back and mold something for the motor mounts. x2fanatic x2 760 was so hot that i sank it so his ski was not hotter than mine,lol jk:chairshot: will the Trinity hull take Yamaha brap or no
I can't speak for Trinity, but I can't imagine them not making it hold a Yamaha engine.

Top Bottom