Most shocking

R

ridethelip

I have always worried about something like that happening at Nationals during races....we are all so dang close :shocked:
This happened in San Diego and I believe it was a Blaster.Wide open it came up on shore and hit the film crew scaffold.Imagine looking through a video camera lense filming the race and all of a sudden you are air borne.The blaster took the legs out from under the scaffold.No one seriously hurt.Lanyards were required after that.

SJ Thumpa

SJ THUMPA
I just saw a commercial for the Show "most shocking" thats on True tv. It showed a super jet unmaned apparently heading in to a crowd. I guess stay tuned.

Abouit 7-9 years ago I saw something like this on the news. I think it was a display in Australia (could be wrong). 2 blue superjets subbed simultaniously off a ramp, throttle stuck on one of them under the water and it shot up riderless like a missile about 30 yards into the crowd. From memory a child was hurt. Blamed on no lanyard.

I'd never seen a sub before and have worn a lanyard ever since.

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
Wear a lanyard no matter if you're racing or jumping waves. I had my carb spring snap the day after I started running a lanyard. I would never go back to a zip tie

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
push the stop button............... its not like its dieseling(sp?)

Not always true. If the plugs get hot enough, the only way to kill it is to prime the hell out of it or pull the choke, whichever you have. If you're not on it, your :):):):)ed.

On topic: I saw the commercial too & watch the show quite often, but I have yet to see that clip on there.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/41858

In this particular case a very expensive ski was almost history and a lanyard would have stopped it.

Here is my ? Lets say the throttle cable was secured to the pole like the steering cable is-would that not help the situation if u have a pole break?

Motorheads5

Livin the generation gap
It would not have helped in our situation the cables outer cover stretched out like a spring right where the cable goes into the hull at the base of the pole.It would be a nice safety feature to have the ignition operate off of a normally closed circuit so if this happen's and the wiring becomes unplugged like what happened in our situation it will kill the ignition system. We need an electrical engineer to design a plug in inline relay to fix this issue.

All you need Craiger^^^ is to have another kill circuit that would activate when the pole is severed and save the day and everybody is happy and sh*t.

Oz

Last edited:

Watty

Random Performance
If it's the one I'm thinking of, yes, it happened at Seaworld on the Gold Coast, Australia.

Not sure on the details, but I'm pretty sure there's no more Superjet's at Seaworld anymore.

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Not always true. If the plugs get hot enough, the only way to kill it is to prime the hell out of it or pull the choke, whichever you have. If you're not on it, your :):):):)ed.

On topic: I saw the commercial too & watch the show quite often, but I have yet to see that clip on there.

very doubtful it will run away with a loaded pump and the weight of a rider. what you speak of it mostly true of a cranked ski outof the water

ger87410

How did I get here?
I just saw that commercial.

The pole was not broke. I dunno what was wrong with it to cause it to run on land like that, but the pole was not broke.

Didn't look broke anyways.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I have had the little rubber seal that is in the throttle at the cable entrance come loose and jam the throttle open, runaway ski.

maybe it would be nice for it to run as a Closed circuit and if the wires brake it opens it cutting it off. But, how often does a pole brake, you pull the throttle, and the throttle gets stuck wide open. Question is, why did the throttle get stuck wide open.

ask Gill how often it happens LOL I had the very thing you described above happen to me. It was quite interesting. Unfortunately I was running a zip tied lanyard. Fortunately, Gil and Keefer rescued my ski a mile or so later. Even with a lanyard, it is very possible that in a broke pole / steering instant, the ski will NOT shut off. Rare but possible.

Last edited:
The older kawis didnt have lanyards, but they do have the optional lanyard switch that mounts over the stop button. I guess they werent too worried about a js300 getting away. Reading this kinda makes me want one on my 440/750, especially that my wife rides it the most.

I had this happen on a Honda oddessy (spelling?), its like a big go cart. We just got it and I turned my little sister loose on it. I was in the garage working on my trx250r and all of a sudden she come flying in full throttle running over the back of my quad and nailing the metal support pole that was in the middle of the garage, she nearly run over me! The throttle hung wide open was the reason for all this. When I got off the ground I started trying to kill it and nothing would. The switch didnt, taking the plug caps off didnt, I finally pulled all the fuel lines off and the stupid thing finally died :laugh2:.

Top Bottom