MSD total loss vs TS2 Twin spark ignition.

Tech guy was referring to the dual coil set up as being 50K volts don't know if that system puts out more than the single tower.
yea it might have been. they are bigger so its basically has a ratio like gears it multiplies the input voltage x number of times.

I just finish my build with dasa 1000 cc, i have hade too Flames old version and never hade a issue. But when fitted too this engine it started realy bad and made huge backfires, my engine builder wanted me about this hee tryede everything but never got it running perfect. It seemes that this is only a Big stroker issue, have any buddy else hade this problem ?

There is no gain firing a mother spark 10 degrees after the first unless the first one did not do its job correctly.
but did you know that the MSD continues as many sparks at it can up to 11 for 20 degrees after triggered to fire the first one?

MSD says that there isn't enough time for a second fire after 3300 rpm so theirs stops there and only hits once. I believe it has to do with the recharging of the capacitors in order to have a hot spark. MSD uses a different output voltage to the coil so might be part of why they stop theres at 3300

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
but did you know that the MSD continues as many sparks at it can up to 11 for 20 degrees after triggered to fire the first one?
Which is great for an engine with an inadequate ignition system. Our engines are not that engine. We have a bad curve not a weak ignition. It may be better for cold starting however. Then again I have never seen a correctly tuned yamaha that doesn't leap into life as soon as you hit that button

Which is great for an engine with an inadequate ignition system. Our engines are not that engine. We have a bad curve not a weak ignition. It may be better for cold starting however. Then again I have never seen a correctly tuned yamaha that doesn't leap into life as soon as you hit that button
you know that yamaha and kawasaki use the same coil and both have cdi type ignitions the main difference between kawasaki and yamaha ignition is the stator produces the power for the spark on yamaha. where as 04up kawi uses a trigger type like a total loss. this is why yamaha ignitions don't like high rpm because the stator doesnt have enough time for the magnets to charge the ignition before its already gone by. much why TL systems are a good upgrade on yamaha

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Yup I understand that about the yamaha ignitions.
What your talking about on the kawasaki is a dc cdi where it fires off a pickup like most motorbikes do.
What rpm do the yamahas run put on spark. I haven't seen this as an issue at any stage to date.
The total loss is a good upgrade due to better timing curve you can put in it as well as the reduced mass.
The main advantage of a dc cdi is the better spark down low where the rpm is low and not creating enough voltage to make a strong spark

In my experience MSD is the way to go. I went back and forth with ATP and ended up losing money. They even charged me to ship back my "faulty" unit after they said there was nothing wrong. It didn't work in 2 different setups before I sent it in. Rather then cough up a replacement I got boned. I was not happy with the customer service. At first they were very helpful but towards the end of the experience they became downright rude. Not a company I would ever want to spend another dime with. Just my experience. Stick with what works.

Well most of the first gen ones died or were super picky on the rest of the equipment in the boat. Then if you look back at the people who tested the HX3 there were a lot of mixed reviews. Would you care to explain to me why we had 2 HX3 units and one worked in both boats and one worked in neither one? That was the one I sent back that you miraculously got to work. I stand firm with my review. It's hit and miss with the HX3. I can not speak of the flame as I have no personal experience. And as un professional as it may seem for me to "slag" your products, I think you will find I'm respected by 99.5% of the members on here for being a good honest business man. I have not burned anyone on here and I think most here would take my review pretty seriously. I remember those who help me, and I return the favor.

QJS, I'm sure there are three sides to the story, but if you have a customer who purchased two, couldn't get one to work in either boat, and you tested it and had it working, why wouldn't you still just replace it with a different unit? This is exactly how I would handle this sort of situation and have many of times. I have a good working product (as far as I know) and the customer has a brand new one and is happy. It doesn't make sense to go back and forth or argue in that situation. No one wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all electronics can fail I can tell my story on ADVENT T3 and how i had 2 of the blow a hole in the side but I'm not looking for the few failures even MSD fail at times and Salt water is a botch I'm more looking to see the performance differences

I just finish my build with dasa 1000 cc, i have hade too Flames old version and never hade a issue. But when fitted too this engine it started realy bad and made huge backfires, my engine builder wanted me about this hee tryede everything but never got it running perfect. It seemes that this is only a Big stroker issue, have any buddy else hade this problem ?

I know two other people who had the same issue and with no resolve. One on an epic and the other a flame TS2. Both big cc engines, only one a stroker.

Their customer service experience was also less than stellar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TS2 is complete junk. Like the guy above I lost a ton of money going through bendix and starters only to figure out everyone had the same problem and ATP tried to hide the issue. Sold their garbage and went TL. I actually thing the way ATP backs their products and Chris' shi**y customer support is worse than the Flame.

Top Bottom