MSD total loss vs TS2 Twin spark ignition.

Did you not read what I wrote? i know that there are 360 degrees in a circle but piston to bore positions are different with different rod ratios at different degrees so depending on rod ratio you want to set your timing differently.
you don't throw the same timing curve on a stock motor as you would a 1200. I'm making mention of it because some people pick up used ignitions with a high timing and put it on a motor that needs less timing then call the ignition junk because it kicked back at broke a starter

No such thing as a yamazaki coil - it's a kawasaki coil that's been sheeted, surf sealed and MSD boots installed. Still a new OEM coil - not recon or AM :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah - and according to your statement above - it worked switching to a OEM over the recon coil from JSS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetmaniac sells them as oem kawa coil with yamaha groves and MSD boots, hence the name yamazaki. Soo its a oem kawa coil that fits yamaha ebox hence it suede work and did before.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
you don't throw the same timing curve on a stock motor as you would a 1200. I'm making mention of it because some people pick up used ignitions with a high timing and put it on a motor that needs less timing then call the ignition junk because it kicked back at broke a starter
That should not happen.
Fuel takes x amount of time to burn. If you have it kicking back on the starter you have another issue. Bad stator alignment or something
If both engines were cranking at the same speed and there was not a physical issue with the first ie low compression, bad combustion shape then it should be the same.
I know your thinking that because the longer rod you get more dwell time of the pistion at tdc that this will cause an issue it doesn't.
The bigger bore engines can not handle as much timing up top due the larger bore having a longer heat path to get rid of the heat. This makes them more likely to deto.

If we were setting the ignition timing with a dial guage like they do on alot of other racing bike etc then your right we would change it for a stroker.

How come when people have problems they can't figure out they automatically blame the manufacturer of the product ?

How come when people have problems they can't figure out they automatically blame the manufacturer of the product ?

Replace a couple flywheels and bendix at a couple hundred dollars a pop, and see how willing you are to work with that manufacturer and "figure it out". This is not a one person issue, I know of several people having this issue. Some of them don't want to post on here and get into the typical X debate. Nor do I, but I will say that the way ATP handled MDStandup's ignition issues cost them at least 2 customers, and most likely everyone else in my riding group.

Electrical issues can be more involved than parts replacements until it works. I have seen people say my unit works on one ski and not another. How can that be a problem with the unit ?
I remember when everyone complained about enhancers going bad.

I have run the flame on my 701 for about 4months and just recently on a dasa 1100. Have had no issues at all and loved the noticeable gain on the 701 and When dealing with atp they were great.

What are the issues some people are having with there bendix and starters? My starter just started making a really weird noise and not wanting to crank the engine easily or not at all. Is this caused from the ignition or just an old starter gone dead?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I would say your starter is going out....... The problem with the bendix is if I am not mistaken. Where the ignition is firing to soon (or maybe late) and causing the flywheel to kick back. The bendix does not like this sudden reverse of direction. It eats the bendix up and possibly the teeth on the flywheel.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
And the starter/bendix teeth as well in my experience. I went through a few myself. The new update ended up fixing the problem. I did end up getting rid of my system shortly afterwards though. I had a chance to run it back to back against a msd with several curve adjustments and the msd was hands down without question stronger on my tpe 1105.

Everyone at ATP was great at helping me out and I like their system but performance wise it didn't match up.

I don't want to hijack this thread too much but my problem seems pretty relatable to issue listed above.

I ran the flame on my 701 in my footrocket. Took it in the surf, front cover leaked, rode in fresh water weekend after no probs (bendix working as it should) took it all apart to put a dasa 1100 in the week after. Opened front cover to find bendix all rusty and parts from bendix sitting at bottom, which had beat up the flywheel a little. Gave everything a clean. Bought oem bendix installed flywheel, new bendix and old starter onto dasa. All good started it maybe 10 times at home, rode last weekend maybe 4 short rides just checking over everything In between. Went to go out again and something made a really weird noise so called it a day. This is what's happend below.

I bought the flame about 3 months ago and assumed it would have the most upto date software?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 68
Ski still cranked and ran fine, I've curently got a huge lead acid battery so I'm pretty confident voltage would be very high.

Top Bottom