my 1st stand up, and this happens!

750SX

DO IT
Hey sjetrider, I send you pm with my number please call me.

All I am asking is "What did I do wrong here man? What U all think this is going to cost me if i take it to the shop. I need to keep riding this season.

I am not trying to point at anybody, it's just sucks for the 1st timer to brake something like that. Is it my fault or not? I starting to have this feeling something was not right in there. Once i take to the shop, I will let you know the details.

If your not trying to point the finger, why have you put Brian's name in the top of every thread?????????????? :stups:

CuzzinOlaf

Hero of the Stupid
Hey sjetrider, I send you pm with my number please call me.

All I am asking is "What did I do wrong here man? What U all think this is going to cost me if i take it to the shop. I need to keep riding this season.

I am not trying to point at anybody, it's just sucks for the 1st timer to brake something like that. Is it my fault or not? I starting to have this feeling something was not right in there. Once i take to the shop, I will let you know the details.

Did you're engine take on water and did you get it out? Isn't there a bilge in this ski?

Last edited:

CuzzinOlaf

Hero of the Stupid
Did you're engine take on water and did you get it out? Isn't there a bilge in this ski?

Hmmmm, how bad are the wires? I just realized he won't be able to start it depending on where they ripped. He could always crank it directly off of the battery....<shrug>

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Just to clear up the motor allignment question that has been RIGHTFULLY brought up by others on this thread. Was there any serious vibration from this boat in the 1st 2 hrs. you rode it?

I do know how to propperly allign a motor BTW and I did ride this boat multiple times since this motor was installed and felt no vibration issues. So it is my opinion that propper allignment was not the issue but since this is on an OPEN forum I would like to get it out in the open and move on to assess his issue.

Boris

The Good Old Days
Hmmmm, how bad are the wires? I just realized he won't be able to start it depending on where they ripped. He could always crank it directly off of the battery....<shrug>

If it was my motor it would be running right after the water went in.

Move the electrical box closer to the plugs if you have to, splice shait together but GET THAT MOTOR RUNNING NOW !!!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I need to make this comment about the original thread saying "READY TO ROLL"

The first thing a pro rider told me to do was re-enforcement.....the ready to roll ski did NOT have the bond line re enforced...So this leads me to believe that proper precautions weren't taken in the building of the ski....These are things that newbies need to know before buying a freestyle ski....I just feel bad for adam... cause without a knowlegable local experianced resource ....one can throw a lot of money down the drain....IMO

:rolleyes: With all due respect, that's BS.

1. It doesn't belong here. Why do you bring this up, other than to stir the pot? Take the crap elsewhere.

2. You don't need reinforcment to roll. You might need it learning to roll.
It is not a necessity.

Sheesh.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
What did I do wrong here man?

Most likely, bad throttle control. When the pump leaves the water, let go of the throttle.
So, if you had the same thing happen that I described, then yes, it was (partly) your fault.

STEELDOGG

Hi Ho Silver!
:rolleyes: With all due respect, that's BS.

1. It doesn't belong here. Why do you bring this up, other than to stir the pot? Take the crap elsewhere.

2. You don't need reinforcment to roll. You might need it learning to roll.
It is not a necessity.

Sheesh.

Thank you MATT, I agree 100%. And as for this guy questioning Brian's workmanship without even knowing him.....he's way off base. I have first hand knowledge of Brian's work- he does not cut corners OR try to screw people over. Having said that, the real issue here is to help the kid get his ski runnning ASAP without all the drama. Just my 2 cents.

douglee25

m3booooy
I thought 'Ready to Roll' meant that the ski was complete and ready to go, as in ready to ride, needs nothing, etc.

Brian will point you in the right direction. He's a standup guy.

Doug

butti

lone wolf
Most likely, bad throttle control. When the pump leaves the water, let go of the throttle.
So, if you had the same thing happen that I described, then yes, it was (partly) your fault.

i think it was just a bit of bad luck.yes its best to let off the throttle but i dont think the broken coupler is due to any abuse on your part.this is no different than when a perfectly good looking tire blows out on the highway.nobodys fault,it just happens

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
I bought a 750sx off fleabay last summer when I first got into standups.
The coupler blew chunks of aluminum and rubber not long after I bought it.:puke:
Hooked up with Kurt Wolf from here on the x :biggthumpup:
He helped me pull the motor, came up with a coupler and had her back up and running in a Saturday.:arms:
Had to rope trick off the coupler remains and boy are they soft!
Kurt is a Great guy, I bought my SN off him this Spring :bananapowerslide:
and handed down the 750 to my son.
Fact is, these toys break
and usually at the worst time

keefer

T1

I agree, you have to exercise throttle control or the driveline can catch some major stress if the pump unhooks and then catches at high RPM.

Find someone who has experience working on skis, especially standups if possible. They will be able to better advise you and get you back on the water. GET THAT ENGINE DRYED OUT SOON before you ruin that crank!!!

I need to make this comment about the original thread saying "READY TO ROLL"

The first thing a pro rider told me to do was re-enforcement.....the ready to roll ski did NOT have the bond line re enforced...So this leads me to believe that proper precautions weren't taken in the building of the ski....These are things that newbies need to know before buying a freestyle ski....I just feel bad for adam... cause without a knowlegable local experianced resource ....one can throw a lot of money down the drain....IMO

But adam, those repairs aren't as important as getting the water OUT of the motor....this is the worst thing you can do ....other than running your motor out of the water for more than 30-45 sec...depending on the motor

congratulations. you get the award for the most rediculous post of this thread. :261:

that's right, it was my fault for not knowing about letting off the throttle when up in the air. But, i spoke with Brian (really nice guy), i remembered that when i was up in the air it was loud alright, but awful grinding noise too.
Is there a part out there that will survive the full throttle in the air?

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Yes, it's been suggested multiple times in this thread already.
That said, you really really shouldn't do that

It is not good for the engine. Just learn to release the throttle while airborne.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
as i replied in one of the 10 thread started about this boat

use a umi one
it will fix the issue its smaller and lighter so it will rev a bit quicker as well

Top Bottom