My 2016 Rickter Edge Build thread

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
How are you destroying ada couplers?

Beautiful ski, other manufactures need to take notes. Fit and finish looks sooo mint, I imagine it will all bolt together. I see they still do a good job at packaging the ski for shipping too.

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
How are you destroying ada couplers?

Beautiful ski, other manufactures need to take notes. Fit and finish looks sooo mint, I imagine it will all bolt together. I see they still do a good job at packaging the ski for shipping too.

Hitting the ocean floor !

It's nice how straight the inserts all are and how square the mid shaft is to the pump. I'm able to assemble my pump/ reduction nozzle with 2 shims total. The Worx pump shoe fit before I even cleaned off the gel coat in order to seal my shoe. I barely had to grind the shoe so far. Mostly just matching it to my 148 setback pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
After some setbacks with my driveshaft (pun intended) I made some progress tonight. Aligned my pump for the final time and glued the shoe in. Got the heat on in the garage, calling it a night.

51bd34b8a77e012c4d0531bcf1aa6843.jpg

eb1891100394b6b05de1f05cd982305b.jpg

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
Spent a little time turfing the rear tank. Don't want anything getting loose and putting a hole/rubbing in there. Got some fresh 1/2 cooling lines from west marine. Gonna be a tight fit, but it will fit! Still have to shave the thick block to clear the B pipe.

72272b69a7669a3b99631a170393d098.jpg

76b4c648e100eef8390228a6bb65e784.jpg

Spent a little time turfing the rear tank. Don't want anything getting loose and putting a hole/rubbing in there. Got some fresh 1/2 cooling lines from west marine. Gonna be a tight fit, but it will fit! Still have to shave the thick block to clear the B pipe.

72272b69a7669a3b99631a170393d098.jpg

76b4c648e100eef8390228a6bb65e784.jpg

Do you need to run the coupler spacers to clear the rear tank?

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
Do you need to run the coupler spacers to clear the rear tank?

The spacers come with the hull, not the gas tank. I haven't even started motor alignment yet but I was going to run them regardless of having the rear tank or not. Whether my motor is forward or back and inch isn't going to change much, but I would much rather have the clearance.

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
Got the pole and steering/cables setup this evening. Few little tricks in there. Sheathed the cables with vinyl tubing so they don't rub out. Sealed the ends so they don't fill up with h2o.

3fe6dd5aaf05ab2222824fd5bc166b5f.jpg

3dbc7e30d0d551e192f522a872ce2024.jpg

7166c2b1547d04438ecb9c2ccecb782b.jpg

f1b310f963029b08a4415c95c898a753.jpg

Finished turfing the rear tank and got it where I want it. Gonna wait to trim the thick tank pad for b pipe clearance. Hopefully that's where it's supposed to go?! Haha... Now have to take it back out to align the motor

18be81b779581dd385896c803403abfe.jpg

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
you use rtv silicone to seal/glue the pump shoe in?
can it be used to seal/glue it in if you didn't use the rtv silicone?

Fast dry 5200. I could have used plexus or the fast setting epoxy TC uses but I've always used 5200 and it works well.

I wouldn't recommend using rtv or regular silicone

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
So many people are going to cringe the first time you ride and abuse this beauty! Nice job James! Great attention to detail. :)

Me being the first! As long as I can minimize transportation/beachcart scratches and not run it up the beach full speed anymore it should stay pretty clean. I used a bunch of turf to protect rub spots. Going to use some thin smooth Hydroturf around the hood hook receivers. Small things like that make a big difference!

Top Bottom