My Dakine Foot Strap Install

so decided to put dakine strap in for surf stance (and yes im goofy footed). i used 1" #10 washer tig welded to a 10/24 acorn nut as described in previous posts..... heated knife up with torch cut turf out...sanded roughed up washer and floor.....then epoxyed it with half marine epoxy and half plastic epoxy...all they had at lowes. anywho heres some pics should turf and install tomorrow :woot: :woot: :woot:

Attachments

• tony grad 001.jpg
    tony grad 001.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 398
  • tony grad 002.jpg
    tony grad 002.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 346
  • tony grad 003.jpg
    tony grad 003.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 456
  • tony grad 004.jpg
    tony grad 004.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 375
  • tony grad 005.jpg
    tony grad 005.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 396
Y

yamaslut

Looks good. I did the same install to my SJ, just not surf stance. I used 5200 and it has held up so far. Yours ought to be fine.

no ********???????

I know that stuff was awesome, but I never dreamed it would hold in this application... 3M rules

I ended up removing my back one. I should have listened to ya slutty but I had to try it.

I love the front one though!

W

wydopen

course thread screws, right through the deck. That's where it's at:highhorse:

i actually pulled one out on tuesday...i was suprised..i wasnt even goingupside down....i put 2in each side but i was one screw short so one side only got one screw...of course that was the one that pulled out

W

wydopen

I ended up removing my back one. I should have listened to ya slutty but I had to try it.

I love the front one though!

i dont know how you could ride w/ two straps and then go back...after my rear pulled out one on tuesday i could barley ride...that why i pancaked my hood...i couldnt get my ski leveled out on reentries

W

wydopen

uh..... there will be 4 holes draining right into the tray....
:banghead: :biggrin:

thats what i said...screws=waterlogged...i could care less at this point...my ski is roached..and it has 8 holes...even better...edit: actually 16 cause i moved them once already...

actually with the screws in there i dont think much water gets in...just dab a little silicon around the screw and you are good to go

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yamaslut

thats what i said...screws=waterlogged...i could care less at this point...my ski is roached..and it has 8 holes...even better...edit: actually 16 cause i moved them once already...

actually with the screws in there i dont think much water gets in...just dab a little silicon around the screw and you are good to go

ouch

Top Bottom