My Dakine Foot Strap Install

W

wydopen

thats what you get for lake riding!
lol

who me??...i pulled it out and killed the hood in the SURF!!..it was super fun too...but i did gouge the hell out of the bottom of my ski at the lake when i tried to bunnyhop that exposed rock peninsula at wot...ouch

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark... that turf job looks good. Comparing it to the 800 job... I kid I kid... You still got the 800?

nope...i saw the light lol hey im coming out on leave again in june/july im gonna bring the new ski we should hook up for a ride oh and the turf and rest of install will have to wait till tomorrow i gots a test to study for

Last edited:
well i got bored so i finished install and am extremely happy with the way it turned out....i used shoe polish on the duct tape from the previous pics to transfer the shape of the holes to the new turf and also the bolt holes.........it worked great. heres some pics, i didnt glue the turf does this seem like it will be an issue??? the bolts seem to hold it thanks

Attachments

• tony grad 006.jpg
    tony grad 006.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 196
  • tony grad 007.jpg
    tony grad 007.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 227
  • tony grad 008.jpg
    tony grad 008.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 151
Y

yamaslut

well i got bored so i finished install and am extremely happy with the way it turned out....i used shoe polish on the duct tape from the previous pics to transfer the shape of the holes to the new turf and also the bolt holes.........it worked great. heres some pics, i didnt glue the turf does this seem like it will be an issue??? the bolts seem to hold it thanks

looks good!!!!!!

don't worry about the turf, it's fine

well took it for the test run and after a minute of getting used to it I LOVE IT, my stabs havs so much more rotation, i need to get used to it....im gonna roll soon i can fell it lol

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
you guys are right. I've got so many holes in my tray from experimenting with different footstrap locations that when i take the screws out and jump on the tray my ski becomes a water fountain.

gatorfan24

Go Gators!
I am installing straps also. Do you guys think lots of JB weld on the acorn nut and washer will hold? I weigh about 230 lbs and I am riding a 750 sx. If so... this is good news, because I don't know how to weld.

gatorfan24

Go Gators!
Well... that gets to another question I want to ask. I am installing some waterdawg rev footholds today as well. I never used to wear shoes. I was wondering if I should start wearing some type of shoe, or maybe aqua socks like for flippers when diving? I just don't want to smash my toes inside the footholds when I am landing tricks. So... the answer to your question.. I don't usually wear shoes and I don't know how tight the strap will be. I haven't installed them yet.

JB weld or reall mig weld?

Y

yamaslut

Well... that gets to another question I want to ask. I am installing some waterdawg rev footholds today as well. I never used to wear shoes. I was wondering if I should start wearing some type of shoe, or maybe aqua socks like for flippers when diving? I just don't want to smash my toes inside the footholds when I am landing tricks. So... the answer to your question.. I don't usually wear shoes and I don't know how tight the strap will be. I haven't installed them yet.

JB weld or reall mig weld?

wrastlin' shoes are the best....

Kawi pro

Now riding Yamaha
Hey Guys, Im new on here and im looking for advice on installing footstraps. I purchased 2 Dakine straps which look and feel pretty decent, they gave me a kit with them, In the kit are 2 brackets which you can screw your bolts straight down into. I was wondering can i just use epoxy (JB weld) to stick these brackets down or do i have to cut into hull. I seen you guys using acorn nuts and washers, this method could save alot of time me thinks?001.jpg

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
That kit has everything you need. Cut the turf back and use the epoxy to glue down the brackets.
Done.

Hey Guys, Im new on here and im looking for advice on installing footstraps. I purchased 2 Dakine straps which look and feel pretty decent, they gave me a kit with them, In the kit are 2 brackets which you can screw your bolts straight down into. I was wondering can i just use epoxy (JB weld) to stick these brackets down or do i have to cut into hull. I seen you guys using acorn nuts and washers, this method could save alot of time me thinks?View attachment 147028

After 1 attempt with coarse thread screws and silicone...I have to ask, where can I get these brackets?

I'm mounting my footholds on my new 08' the same way I had them on my 90':
IMG_0149.jpg

Since i'm going into the sidewall with half the strap, bolts aren't an option, either screws or brackets like this. Or I have to find someone who welds...

Cannibal

Tasty Human
I have the Blowsion insert kit on 2 footholds. It works well. Drill the hole to the size stated, smear in some epoxy, screw in the inert and wait. Then punch out the little plug in the bottom that prevents epoxy from getting up into your machine threads.

Only thing wrong with the Blowsion kit, the screws are too short to work with 25mm padding for the bottom, and too long on the right side in some cases like my SXR install where they hit the exhaust. Had to buy longer ones for the bottom and shorter ones for the sides.

Thanks for the info. I ordered a couple kits for my install. For some reason I thought there were nuts in that kit instead of inserts. Guess I should've ordered them in the beginning.

Top Bottom