SX/SXi/SXi Pro My First Stand Up.

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
So I think this is what I'll be ordering, let me know if you guys think this will be enough of everything to do the job.

1. The footwell install kit.
2. 2 part epoxy pint kit.
3. 2 part foam kit pint kit.
4. Blowsion mat glue Quart.
5. Rubber toughened super glue 1oz.
6. Super glue accelerator.
7. 25mm standard undermat foam.
8. 8mm standard undermat foam.
9. 2 sheets of lime green straight cut machined grove turf.

I think that should be everything, chime in if I missed something or you think I need more of something.

I'm also debating on roughing the hull up and applying something like a rhino liner or some sort of black bed liner sort of coating.

Last edited:
Just get the stuff from blowsion. I installed their digger footwells a couple months ago using their install materials. It takes all the guesswork out of deciding which fiberglass, epoxy, and foam to get. I had never worked with fiberglass before and couldnt believe how well it turned out.

I would suggest ordering your glass and foam supplys from uscomposites, They are way cheaper. You might spend about the same amount of money up front but youll have plenty left over for later repairs. I know with the amount of abuse our skis get youll have some along the way. Have you looked into a wrap? Those look like a good way to go for good looks and longevity. I learned my lesson on painting my hull. I wish I would have left it white lol.

As far as the pole, the more you ride and progress in skill you will start to want to shed weight and go shorter. RRP look great but I'v read they are quite heavy and obviously expensive. I would look out for a umi style AC pole for a SJ or consider one of the custom aluminum two pole setups that are usually around 300 bucks new. My standard length ac pole is the same weight as my stock one was.

Thanks for the compliment on my build, I appreciate it. I also dont mind answering questions you run into. I learned a LOT from my mistakes during my build lol. I think at this point there is only a handful of things on my ski that are still stock.

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Found a website for the wraps, some of those are awesome but WOW...400$ for a wrap seems steep. I still didn't find any of the 2 pole setups for 300$ when looking it up on google. I got my footholds, intake grate, odi grips, and some spare plugs I ordered today. I also got some good new from the ebay seller's brother in law, he found the R&D plenum and it shipped out today. I also got a chance to snap pics of the new grips and the placement of where I think the footholds will go. Tell me if the placement looks right to you cuys before I make my first cut. I started 2" from the bottom of the gunwales, I think it looks about right but hey what do I know?....lolIMG_20120402_134336.jpgIMG_20120402_132417.jpg

Thats alot of cash for a wrap...for a similar price you could have it painted if you do alot of the prep...I personally just spray painted mine with duplicolor matte black/gloss white and it turned out pretty good but its only because I did sooo much prep work...again I would say get a decent used AC pole, mine is for sure lighter than stock but its a -2...check out pwctoday.com they seem to have more 750 parts for sale then this site..good luck on the footholds, take your time!

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Alright guys, I just got done in the garage for the night. I'm pretty happy with the way everything turned out, and I got everything done that I wanted to for the evening. I got everything cut out, got the holds mocked up, got all my holes drilled in the holds for the pop rivets. I also went ahead and just placed my order with Blowsion for the resin, foam and install kit. Then next Friday I'll be ordering the undermat, turf, and all those goodies. I have to say I really like the feel of the ODI grips and I think the locking system is great. I used my Dremel Multi Max to do all the cutting for the foothold install and think it worked very well..just as a heads up for anyone doing the install. Anyways here are the pics I'm sure you guys want to see...lol
IMG_20120402_171755.jpgIMG_20120402_181900.jpgIMG_20120402_193627.jpgIMG_20120402_172000.jpg

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Yes Deviantek, it is a single plenum setup for dual carb applications. And I got it off Ebay so I'm not even sure if R&D sells them new anymore.

Thanks for the heads up Jetman624, I'm actually in the process of looking for an Outerwear cover for it to combat the water issue. As for not doing anything...I can't imagine getting more air into the engine wouldn't increase performance. On the subject of the pipe and milling the head...I'm getting there, I wanted to get the footholds installed and re-turfed and also do some handling and appearance mods before I open the engine up. I'm sure when it comes time to open the motor up, I'll just send it off to group-k to let them mod it right. If you read the first post you would have seen that I have a total of about 5 rides on a standup ski, so I'm not really at the point of those mods yet. But thanks for the imput.

As for not doing anything...I can't imagine getting more air into the engine wouldn't increase performance.

There is much more going on with a carbureted two stroke. All you have done is weaken the pulse signal. You will prob need to lower your pop off and increase the size of one or more of your jets-- but not because there is more air in the engine because you have decreased the "restriction", but because you have slowed it down and weakened the signal. The stock intake flows PLENTY of air for that carburator and will do a better job at keeping the water out than a pre filter.

I am not trying to crap on your mods here, I am just trying to pass along some info I have learned the hard way.

And no need to send anything but the head to Group K (or any other competent PWC shop). The porting on that motor is great for low end. Start with milling the stock head and pipe and see where that gets you before you get too crazy.

I would also encourage you to read up on two-stroke tuning and modifications as you start working on your ski. Group K's web site is not the bible of Kaw 750 mods. Again, just trying to save you from making some of the mistakes I have.

Good luck.

Good info in this thread, i'm planning on doing the foothold and turf job on my 750sx in the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted on how it goes, and I can't wait to see how your turf turns out!

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Thanks again for the heads up jetman624.

Well today was my sons birthday so I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, but I managed to find time to get the right foothold all trimmed up and pop rivited in. I plan on getting the other side done tomorrow night after work and hopefully my supply's from Blowsion get here before the weekend. After everything is rivited in I'll rough everything up with some sandpaper so I can get good adhesion. Anyways here are a few pics of today's work.
IMG_20120403_232239.jpgIMG_20120403_232304.jpg

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Ok, sorry for the delays guys but I've been kinda busy with my sons birthday and Easter and everything. I got both footholds installed, I 5200'd between the holds and the gunwales, then pop riveted the holds in, and then ran epoxy over the edges and over the head of each rivet. I think everything went rather smooth and wasn't that big of a deal, I was really worried when I started cutting though...lol. I also got the pole removed and everything in that area all prepped for the new pole I purchased from a member here. So now all I'm waiting for to finish the holds is my fiberglass supply's and foam from Blowsion. When I receive the pole I am thinking about just powder coating the upper tubes of the pole in a blue color. I still haven't decided on what color combo I want yet, but have it narrowed down to Kawi green/black, red/black, blue/black. If I decide to go with the blue, I plan on going with these graphics, the blue wave hydro turf, the white or black bar pad with black Blowsion bars, and the matching blue chin pad. I didn't get a chance to snap any pics but I'll snap some tomorrow and post up for you guys. Anyways, here is a pic of the blue graphic kit I have in mind.
Graphic.jpg

I like the green...but I like that design more than the other 2 designs, the blue design looks really good too tho...my 2 cents haha btw I think I saw those handlepoles for sale once on here or pwc...anyhow they look pretty solid, you should check how light it is when you get it

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Yeah I think the blue is the color I'll be going with. I was leaning towards a green/black Monster Energy type theme, but it's been done to death. II think it will look awesome with the Blue Wave Hydroturf, the pole's center section powder coated in that blue, and the pole pad on the right in this pic.
Pole Pad.jpg

Top Bottom