My new Rockered Blaster

Looks awesome! Obviously would be way better in the surf, but how would this affect carving / running bouys? Would like to do both with mine

Actually the hull showed up at my house with the ass end cut already. Kind of close to the Carter B setup . So i asked Todd if i could do it my way and he said yes .I sat there and stared at the hull for a good hour. Had a vision. Then heard Todd in the back of my head saying hurry the F up. so I took the easier route in the time crunch we had and finished them off in the Carter B style. I might make a mould of my vision.

player1

Player1
What is different is Glyn did this all by himself, without molds or any of that. Just some foam, glass, tools and his imagination.

I appreciate your description of how to make a hull (and thats how the one in the pic was made). My question is what was done differently and why? What advantages or riding reasons behind the rear if Different to a Carter B.... however i just saw WB1994 reply, question answered...

Last edited:
This is how I did the ass end of this ski. I made what I call a dirty mold which is that I just laid tape over the hole after I cut out the final shape and then ground back the glass all around the edge of the cut out. I then lay one(ish) coat of glass over the top of the tape. I then remove the part after it dries to a tacky feel. This allows me to remove the tape off of the back easily. If you let it fully cure the tape is a PITA to get off the back. After the part is fully cured I mix up a pasty glue and glue the part to the hull. You can see that I had the luxury of going in from the topdeck due to the work being done to the footwells so one of those pictures are looking at the inside of the piece glued on and you can see the glue slightly ooze around the piece. I then layered glass on the outside and inside and then finished the outside with glass resin mixed with fareing compound.

20140304_194720.jpg 20140304_194809.jpg 20140310_215028.jpg 20140308_1831411.JPG 20140309_004954.jpg

20140313_014358.jpg The footwell slope that transitions the footwells to the back deck was moved back two inches. I then shaped everything so its one nice smooth look with a single piece of turf. Its shaped so Todd can iether use the stock corner plastics or turf right over that too so its all one piece back there . I was hopeing this would be the only turf on the ski so the new bondrail shape could be shown off in the front of the ski but I think Todd is turfing the rails too.

Top Bottom