Custom/Hybrid my obsession back flip hull ??

015.jpg016.jpg012.jpg017.jpg019.jpg020.jpg021.jpg013.jpgafter some questions here some more info and pics of the engine bay ,the footholds ,the intake .
the hull is 2025 mm long , 730 mm width and 550 mm high .
greetz marcel

While i do commend all the effort you put into this . There is no way you can say you did not copy the rickter xfs and now as close to possible the billet pole as well .
the only thing you seemed to have missed was the quality and the weight of the rickter .
What always starts as a one copy because i cant afford but somehow you had the money to products all the billet parts and drawing so forth .

amazing

While i do commend all the effort you put into this . There is no way you can say you did not copy the rickter xfs and now as close to possible the billet pole as well .
the only thing you seemed to have missed was the quality and the weight of the rickter .
What always starts as a one copy because i cant afford but somehow you had the money to products all the billet parts and drawing so forth .

amazing

if you did read my complete threat from the the start, you now better then that . i think a copy is buying a hull ,making a mold of it end then produce it .
and that is exactly wat i not did . two weeks ago i saw the rickter xfs for real, for the first time, and i think they are the best . when you compare the two hulls you see they are very different .
and i do not now what the problem is ?? i made my own project and some people liked it and asked me if i would sell some . there is now way i can produce 25 hulls or more a month like rickter does .
i am a nowbody from the netherlands and i like to play on a jetski and built my own parts !! i don't see what is wrong with that . and some people that saw my projekt liked it , and kept asking me to sell some !!
and for the weight !!! i am a bad freestyle skier and i have to learn all the tricks , i wanted my hull to be bullet proof .
for the pole ??? aren't the lenzi ,the bun,the atp, the titan etc all copy's of the rrp ??
okay ,like or do not like what i made , i am fine with that .
some people like my hull ,so for them i did a great job !!

greetz marcel

I am pretty sure that is exactly what you did .

If not you managed to duplicate every single line the same with no reference somehow .

I don't have any problem with you or anyone else making hulls at any price just at least change the line and make them your own .
It's not really a surprise people want them when you duplicate the best looking ski on the market and then offer it for half the price .

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
The rickter life is that. They always said that someone copied their stuff, that they made it first. What a teenage game !!!

They have said the same with the BOB. They said BOB have copied the XFS. hahahaha weird because the G1 was on the market and nobody had an XFS yet.

I have check this built thread since a while and it easy to say that the hull is different just by the picture.

Marcel, écoute pas cette bande de jaloux qui veulent le monopole en vendant des coque hyper cher et de qualité merdique !!

Last edited:

THRUST

ThrustInnovations.com
!
The rickter life is that. They always said that someone copied their stuff, that they made it first. What a teenage game !!!

They have said the same with the BOB. They said BOB have copied the XFS. hahahaha weird because the G1 was on the market and nobody had an XFS yet.

I have check this built thread since a while and it easy to say that the hull is different just by the picture.
a
I dont think anyone from rrp said the bob copied them like this . the bob has some similar features which cam after gen 1 such as the footholds and the pole bracket being identical and the hood . but i respect the ski clinic guys for doing their own thing and a stand up crew over there
this is a straight up copy all line and details are indentical with the exception of the billet foot plates have steeper angle
i understand you are not a rickter fan and every chance you get you try to bash them. i mean why would you be if you are a bob dealer and happen to be quebec as well the rickter main office .

Marcel, écoute pas cette bande de jaloux qui veulent le monopole en vendant des coque hyper cher et de basse qualité !!

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
I can tell you that YES they said that about the bob. Anyway i dont what to start a bashing contest in this thread, but IMO at the second RRP-Rickter see a product on the market who have the same function that your product, they always copy your product, always the same word !! There is some reason why i have that attitude with RRP its because in major part of that ! They always claim to be the first but when you look at it and you do some research you will find that other company was doing that this way before them.

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
obsession side.jpgxfs2.jpgobsession 2.jpgXFSwhite2.jpg

You can argue that they look a lot like, but's it is not a straight up splash off an XFS.

Last edited:

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
i think the issue is one of copying someones ideas,i think most of the builders pride themselves in their unique attributes in their designs ,and would stand behind them. to have someone imitate them is an insult to their hard work and standards. to build a (copy) for yourself is one thing but to try and sell them to the public is another .just like every builder out there that is exposed to public scrutiny as should your situation.really i don't care because though interesting i would never buy one,without a real rider or reputable designer behind the concepts i wouldn't even consider this item. for you Marcel i think its great that you were able to build your own hull, but as far as trying to sell them world wide you might want to re think your designs and make it unique to yourself. you also might find that starting a fresh new concept from scratch is not near as easy of a task ,in which only the best in the industry have been successful. not saying thats not you,just some food for thought.

Ok, I was always good in history so let me see if I get this right....

3625003_orig.jpgBOB gen 1, released 2-17-10
N669952.jpgXFS, released at wf 2010 after years of development
images.jpegBOB gen 2, released 2011 with new hood lid,adjustable foot holds
telefoon foto's 016.jpgobession, released this year available for resale almost identical to xfs "Marcel going for that look even stated"

Ray the race this is your quote.
"They always claim to be the first but when you look at it and you do some research you will find that other company was doing that this way before them"
Now I'm sorry but it sounded like you're stating RRP copied other companies products. Please explain.

I'm down for fair game in the market but I do my best to be a genuine person and buy genuine product. You wont find me at the flea market looking for fake oakleys, banging 2 fat girls out instead of 1 super model, nor will I be knocking on this guys barn door because I can buy 2 of his hulls and still have money left over for beer. You get what you pay for. Marcel as for you, I dont know you but I can say "let me keep this appropriate for forum standards" the right thing to do is change your top deck for resale so it does not resemble a ski you did not design. Also I have to say I just moved home from college and by no means have a lot of money. I bought myself a Rickter by bringing my lunch to work everyday, not going out, and working overtime.

Wow, The BOB Gen 1 and BOB Gen 2 in those pictures are both mine....
Haha! What a coincidence you picked those...
I understand what you are saying about the obsession and would love to hear the OP's response

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
Easy to explain, Rickter was not the first to build a short hull, and RRP was not the first to build ajustable billet pole. They modified the basic idea to do they own.

Read post 164 they clearly said that they almost copy the billet pole too, take a look at it seriouly, the RRP pole is totally different design. The only same particularity is the 2 tude, outside of that the billet part look different to my eye.

Rickter is not the only one to have ajustable foothold, i can name fews.

Does Honda is the only company to build hybrid car ?? no. Does Toyota, mazda or ford claim they copy them ?? No.

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
Last edited:
raytherace;1339258]Easy to explain, Rickter was not the first to build a short hull, and RRP was not the first to build ajustable billet pole. They modified the basic idea to do they own. When does Rickter claim to build the first short hull? RRP was the first adjustable handle pole on the market with aluminum tubes?

Read post 164 they clearly said that they almost copy the billet pole too, take a look at it seriouly, the RRP pole is totally different design. The only same particularity is the 2 tude, outside of that the billet part look different to my eye. The concept is the same adjustable tubes, can you read what I'm typing?

Rickter is not the only one to have ajustable foothold, i can name fews.- Great name them.

Does Honda is the only company to build hybrid car ?? no. Does Toyota, mazda or ford claim they copy them ?? No.[/QUOTE]Do you know why people call doors that fold up Lamborghini doors? because Lamborghini invented them before others.

I'm not sitting here all night arguing with you, if you are going to respond to me please show facts and think about your response. I refuse to go back and forth with you if you have no proof.

Last edited:

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
oh you type the post 164 ! loll

Proof of what ??? all you guys claim is about opinion and I dont really care, so I wont derail more then that on the Marcel thread.

Top Bottom